• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Coming to Wii - Famitsu

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Andrex said:
"Surprising take on a next-gen favorite."

Yup.

In before "Bu bu bu you can't render a billion zombies on-screen at once? :_("

Is this a spinoff, sequel, prequel? Same controls? Minigame compilation?

So does "Surprising take" mean port?

Not sure how I feel about that, on one hand it's lazy, on the other hand it's not some gimmicky on rails bullshit.

EDIT: ^^^You son of a bitch:lol

M3wThr33 said:
If Nintendo ain't going to make games anymore, I guess Capcom will fill the void.

Okami, RE4 Wii, Dead Rising, Mega Man 9, RE:UC. They're making quite a name for themselves on it.
Forgot their best Wii game...

Rpgmonkey

Was wondering where Famitsu info was.

This is pretty interesting. But damn, they can port it to the Wii but not PS3? >_>

Oh well.

DQV scored nicely. But I doubt anyone expected it not to...

So basically, I will post lists... everywhere.
Basically.

Fatal Frame IV
Rune Factory
Wario Shake
Tenchu 4
Little King's Story
MadWorld
Monster Hunter 3
Oboro Muramasa Youtuden (?)
Crystal Bearers (?)
Shiren 3
Dead Rising

Mmmmmm.

I went to go look for scans, but all I see is that there is "No Dead Rising Wii" as search results. Is it really true? =/

If it is, AWESOME. I have yet to get a 360, and Dead Rising was one of the titles I've been wanting to play.

Grecco

Andrex said:
"Surprising take on a next-gen favorite."

Yup.

In before "Bu bu bu you can't render a billion zombies on-screen at once? :_("

Is this a spinoff, sequel, prequel? Same controls? Minigame compilation?

its funny i thought this too. :lol

it doesnt look like its on rails either. Anyways I love me some more dead rising so ill be there day one.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
M3wThr33 said:
Okami, RE4 Wii, Dead Rising, Mega Man 9, RE:UC. They're making quite a name for themselves on it.

Don't forget Zack and Wiki.
And the new Castlevania fighter

For some reason people like to complain about Capcom's support for the system, and yet they're one of the strongest supporters of the platform right now.

vareon

A single half-page Famitsu "scan" is better than all E3 conferences combined, right.

Except FFXIII megaton, but let's get the joke going

Teknoman

jman2050 said:
Wait, wasn't this game supposed to only be possible with the "power of next-gen" or some crap like that?

Well they said the same thing for FFXIII. Thats one thing i've learned early on this generation. It'll never be like the days of SNES and Genesis were certain games were only possible on certain systems.

Stantron said:
Why the fuck would you want to play DR with waggle? Agh!

Why WOULDNT you?

I imagine this will be a different version of the game with less of a focus on completing missions and more on slashing zombies up.
A straight port would be a ridiculous idea.

Nif

Wow, wasn't expecting that. At least it means they're still looking at the series, and hopefully that we'll see the sequel on next-gen.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ZealousD said:
Don't forget Zack and Wiki.
And the new Castlevania fighter

For some reason people like to complain about Capcom's support for the system, and yet they're one of the strongest supporters of the platform right now.

Well they're not putting out any big budget main games.

But I agree their support has been awesome so far. But it'll take RE5:Wii to fix people like doomed1.

Concept17

rkenshin said:
I can only imagine the pathetic survivor AI can only get dumber in the Wii version

Yeah.

All around disappointing. A sequel that improves upon the first would actually get people
s attention.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
More videogame zombies can only make me happy but I'll wait to see it in action before saying anything else.

_PM

I always wanted to try this game. No it's probably at a lower price and with some new cool features, perfect!

Arde5643

RE4 Wiimote aiming and some Godfather melee waggle would be pretty awesome though.

Hopefully it won't be full price as well.

Andrex said:
WAT

Wiimake that shit nao!

We've known that a Gundam 00 PS2 title has been in the works for quite some time now, but nothing else was known about it. Yukes is developing Gundam 00 (PS2). They did a really nice job with the Votoms PS2 game last Fall, hopefully they do the same with this one.

M74

yes. Yes. YES!

THIS IS WHAT WE WANT! TAKE NOTE NINTENDON'T!

Please don't screw it up. Please.

:D

IF 1:1 control, VERY DO WANT!

damn, 1:1 control swingin a chain saw would be heavenly.

As much as i love dead rising, wagglefest = pass(until its cheap)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
distantmantra said:
We've known that a Gundam 00 PS2 title has been in the works for quite some time now, but nothing else was known about it. Yukes is developing Gundam 00 (PS2). They did a really nice job with the Votoms PS2 game last Fall, hopefully they do the same with this one.

MS Sensen 0079 still has to be brought over. :( Any Famitsu data on that?

I like 00 the best out of all the Gundam animes though. :/ Wish Wii would get one. Hell, DS got one and I still want that to come over too.

Arde5643

At this point I'm really wondering if Ninty is doing this on purpose - while they only show casual stuff for E3, they let all the third party get the attention of the core groups. :/

A bit tinfoil, but looking at how many good games are coming from 3rd party for the Wii and the lack of core games from Ninty, it seems really conspiratory. :)

jman2050 said:
Wait, wasn't this game supposed to only be possible with the "power of next-gen" or some crap like that?

Yeah, I've heard that trotted out a bunch of times by the 'wii destroys gaming brigade'.

Stantron said:
Why the fuck would you want to play DR with waggle? Agh!

Pointer control aiming, genius. The aiming was the weakest aspect of the controls in the original so... wait, did you even have a point?

I am conflicted by this news; on the one hand, this is fucking awesome, on the other, why must Capcom make me double dip so many times on their games...

I wonder if they're going to use the RE4 engine for this, or if they've managed to 'downgrade' the engine they've been using so far on their next gen games... because if it's the latter and this sells well, I wouldn't exactly be shocked to see some Lost Planet and DMC4 ports also incoming.

Also sucks for PS3 only owners who got LP instead of this. Lol.

Top Bottom