• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Coming to Wii - Famitsu

lopaz

Banned
abstract alien said:
HELL NAW!! *clears throat* its not perfect, but it seems to be designed around the limitations so it will balance out. Thats how it seems at the moment anyway...

Thanks. My response is BAH. Gimped ports not acceptable.

laserbeam

Banned
lopaz said:
Thanks. My response is BAH. Gimped ports not acceptable.

Its hard to tell overall alot of the screenshots arent angled well to give an idea of whats in front etc. There is a shot where he is going chainsaw crazy and theres at least 15-20zombies directly in front of him.

Other shots it seems like 8-10 are roaming in groups.

Throw in new content,new bosses,RE4 style controls etc and its very promising overall

Scrubking

lopaz said:
Didn't read the whole thread, so I gotta ask: is this a perfect port? Or is it gonna have about 3 zombies at a time? The game on 360 didn't have anything that seemed tecnically beyond Wii except for the number of enemies

I see a pic with about 20 zombies on screen.

Chinner

Banned
I'm not really sticking to the idea for the Resi 4 camera system in DR. Don't get me wrong, the camera point is nice, but in DR I'd always be scoping out the areas all around me making sure I could find a escape path/make sure the zombies werent getting too close to moi.

I WANTZ to say inferior, but seeing as Capcom are taking a different approach to this, I'll restrain myself.

Either way, Capcom <3

lopaz

Banned
laserbeam said:
Its hard to tell overall alot of the screenshots arent angled well to give an idea of whats inf ront etc. There is a shot where he is going chainsaw crazy and theres at least 15-20zombies directly in front of him.

Other shots it seems like 8-10 are roaming in groups.

Throw in new content,new bosses,RE4 style controls etc and its very promising overall

abstract alien said:
It has added content as well. Don't know if you care about that, just filling you in.

Well now you're talking!

BitchTits

Could be fun, Dead Rising has a lot of replay value, I'd buy it again for waggle controls. But will it be the same without plowing through endless crowds the undead? The maintenance tunnels will be lonely :(

Is every shot on the scan from the wii version, because some of those look damn near like the 360 game. Some of the others are a bit more obvious, which is why Im wondering.

BitchTits said:
Could be fun, Dead Rising has a lot of replay value, I'd buy it again for waggle controls. But will it be the same without plowing through endless crowds the undead? The maintenance tunnels will be lonely :(
Some of the zombies just wont have legs, to cut down on the poly output

Chinner

Banned
abstract mexican said:
Is every shot on the scan from the wii version, because some of those look damn near like the 360 game. Some of the others are a bit more obvious, which is why Im wondering.
Two possibilities brah. Either Famsitu/Capcom shoved those pics in so you can see them better in the magazine, or the cutscenes are pre recorded.

Chinner

Banned
805_0001.jpg

I've covered E3, you know

[Nintex]

Capcom does what Nintendon't

It looks great, and motion controls will be perfect for this game. The only letdown is that I already played the Xbox 360 version

I'm assuming when they claim:

Is taking into mind casual gamers' needs

That they'll ramp the difficulty down, and alter the save system?

I was interested in the game. Tons of zombies in a mall. But some friends steered me away saying t could get frustrating to play at times, that it was tough, and that the save system was horrible.

So if they change that, I'll give it a go.

kbear

Acosta said:
Saw the screens, looks really downgraded. I don't find the reason to make a Dead Rising game with so few zombies, having hordes of them was one of the main points of the game.

Good for Wii only users I guess, worthless for anyone with a 360. I would prefer Capcom doing something original, instead of doing a port of a game that doesn't fit Wii's hardware capabilities.
Agreed.

farnham

Banned
this makes RE 5 on Wii a pretty much possible deal now

Dead Rising is a 360 game that uses the RE5 engine right (often called lost planet engine)

Capcom is acknowledging the RE 4 Wii sales thats astounding

123rl

If (IF!!!) the new content is good and the waggle controls haven't gimped the game then I may buy a Wii for this version. There's no way it will look as good as the 360 version (which has some of the best facial textures ever) but a 75% accurate version would be reasonable. Dead Rising is superb and is just so under-rated on so many levels

Wow, what an ass-backwards decision this is...

The game does look like an exact port, except basically missing the main feature of the game, the massive numbers of zombies. It does look like there are CG cutscenes (CG being a Xbox 360). edit : note the actual zombie graphics and mall graphics look far worse too, but the areas look exactly the same otherwise.

It reminds me of two things. #1. It almost looks like a joke (like haha, we fooled you!), and #2. It reminds me of stuff like Resident Evil for GBC, or Resident Evil DS compared to REmake.

ivysaur12

Banned
Huh.

Wasn't too much of a fan the first time around, but I might pick this up again. Maybe.

Oh, and I guess they're going to have to make the text readable on an SDTV?

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Blacktin0 said:
Barely played the 360 version looks like this will be the version to get.

I await your justification of this insanity with baited breath.

meppi said:
So IGN can post Famitsu scans on their website, but we can't on the forum?

Guess that makes sense. :lol

GAF has standards. Not many, but...more than IGN, it seems.

-WindYoshi- said:
So basically, I will post lists... everywhere.
Basically.

Fatal Frame IV
Rune Factory
Wario Shake
Tenchu 4
Little King's Story
MadWorld
Monster Hunter 3
Shiren 3
Dead Rising

Mmmmmm.

The funniest thing is that Third Parties line-up is slighty becoming acceptable, where Nintendo is becoming more and more pathetic.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Chinner said:
Fixed.

TheHeretic said:
If theres less zombies its the inferior version, hands down.
Saying it's an "inferior version" is too much simplistic, because it implies everything else remains the same (and if this were the case I'd agree with you) but this is not (or it doesn't seem to be) the case.
A radically different number of on-screen enemies already implies a radical change in gameplay, and the fact they seem to be making it more similar to RE4 confirms the difference is noticeable enough for them to have to change the core gameplay itself to counter-balance it.
So, basically, because of the Wii hardware limitations they're making a different game (how much different remains to be seen). Not better and not worse (we don't know yet), just different.

123rl

Just found the scans online - yes, it looks ok but it's a big downgrade graphically. As long as it runs well and the amount of zombies/objects on screen aren't affected then the graphics aren't a problem, IMO

kbear

Blacktin0 said:
Because i do not own a 360 but i do own a wii
Maybe you should have said that in your post. The way it read was that you were implying this version would be the superior one.

Blacktin0

Banned
kbear said:
Maybe you should have said that in your post. The way it read was that you were implying this version would be the superior one.

That is the way you read my post i never said this version would or could be superior i stated that it is the ideal choice for me to purchase.

123rl said:
Just found the scans online - yes, it looks ok but it's a big downgrade graphically. As long as it runs well and the amount of zombies/objects on screen aren't affected then the graphics aren't a problem, IMO

The weirdest things about the screen is there are some dense zombie groups, but only really close to the player. There's no shot that shows more than about 20 zombies on the screen.

It doesn't make sense because what happens if you get away from those 20 zombies? Do you have a big empty hall all around you?

Top Bottom