• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Coming to Wii - Famitsu

Linkhero1

Latest Famitsu shows Dead Rising for Wii. Scans are on the internet can't post so dont ask.

The game looks like a port and not new.

Interview snippets:

- RE4 Wii sold well so Capcom is porting DR
- As much as possible Capcom will match the 360 look.
- Is taking into mind casual gamers' needs
- Playable w/ Wiimote and nunchuck. There are waggle atacks similar to RE4 Wii.

thanks to cvxfreak

Dragon Quest V - 9999
Power Pro (PS2) - 9989
Wario Land Shake - 8878
Siren - 9999

thanks to distantmantra

legend166

I'll just copy and paste from the other thread:

Is it an actual Wii game or a port? If it's the former I'm interested, latter no thanks.

I've never played Dead Rising, do you beat down zombies with a baseball bat? Because Godfather showed that could be awesome. Hopefully it uses MotionPlus.

Linkhero1

legend166 said:
I'll just copy and paste from the other thread:

Is it an actual Wii game or a port? If it's the former I'm interested, latter no thanks.

I've never played Dead Rising, do you beat down zombies with a baseball bat? Because Godfather showed that could be awesome. Hopefully it uses MotionPlus.
I'm not sure I just saw it on a site while browsing. Looks like a port to me.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
These are the scores for this week apparently:

DQV 9999
パンダ  6776
スピードレーサー 5766
ハイパースポーツ 6757
くわがた 6666
やわらか戦車  7877
フットサル 3554

パンダWii 6766
パンダPS3 7777
スピードレーサー 4555
パワプロ15Wii  9989
パワプロPS2 9989
ワリオランド 8878
つりマスター 7775
SIREN 9999
ブリーPS2 8888
ブリー箱 8988

Also not much to get from the scan. Looks like some sort of QTE waggle going on.

Red Scarlet

There we go. Since he just posted 'there are scans' and not from where, he could've gotten banned for 'speculation during e3'.

PSGames

Are you kidding me? I've been waiting for a sequel to the first one for what feels like forever and they up and announce a Wii version?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Uh, wow. Can't wait to see the screens of that. Really Capcom?

Whoa WTF, Siren got all 9s? o_O I figured that DQ would get that of course, but Siren? Huh...

You know, I was fucking wondering how Wednesday could top Tuesday. Dead Rising Wii, assuming no other DR, is pretty much the one thing to do it. Goddamn Capcom, you rock.

M3wThr33

Banned
If Nintendo ain't going to make games anymore, I guess Capcom will fill the void.

Okami, RE4 Wii, Dead Rising, Mega Man 9, RE:UC. They're making quite a name for themselves on it.

Teknoman

Nintendo Wii: Third parties strike back.

7240h3.jpg

kenta

Has no PEINS
I'm dying to play this game and Capcom refuses it put it on the only console I own

Where's a GameCube owner, I need a hug

purg3

slept with Malkin
No fucking way. Seriously Capcom?

Anyway, definitely interested in how this is going to work with the wiimote, and if it will actually work well.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"Surprising take on a next-gen favorite."

Yup.

In before "Bu bu bu you can't render a billion zombies on-screen at once? :_("

Is this a spinoff, sequel, prequel? Same controls? Minigame compilation?

So people believe someone named Link but not me...

*hurt*

Anyways, it's slated for a Winter release. Subtitle might be something like "Zombie Sacrifice."

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
That would certainly fit the bill for a surprising take of a "next-gen" favorite.

Linkhero1

Adam Blade said:
So people believe someone named Link but not me...

*hurt*

Anyways, it's slated for a Winter release. Subtitle might be something like "Zombie Sacrifice."
:( I believed you otherwise I wouldn't have searched for it :p

Top Bottom