• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Remasters detailed; U$19,99 each or U$49.99 for the collection

wbacon

Capcom USA
Not really, I played dead rising 2 on pc at near 60fps on a Asus laptop from 2008. I think it was a dual core.

I wish all 3 were being released in one physical package for $60. Not sure why that isn't being offered.

For logistical reasons. Different port team working on different games, different game engine, and so on. Also, we'd rather give customers choice rather than locking any one of the Dead Rising games behind a $60 product.

Ridley327

is it wrong that I kinda wanna just buy these remasters and then wait on a sale for Dead Rising 4?

They've been moving so far away from the first few games for a while now that I don't think anyone can be blamed for taking a wait-and-see approach after how divisive DR3 turned out to be.

See my post that I played dr2 on a 2008 laptop with a 9800m and dual core at 60fps.

The framework engine is very efficient.

DR2 is not framework. It looks worse in some ways and doesn't run as well on consoles as DR1 did.

Even so, I'm sure both of these will run great.

edit: Or you know, listen to the guy who works for Capcom. Whichever.

Capcom also said that as of now, it has no plans to bring Case Zero and Case West to current gen

BOLLOCKS

sir-alex-swearing-bollocks-o.gif

BOLLOCKS

is it wrong that I kinda wanna just buy these remasters and then wait on a sale for Dead Rising 4?

Nope. The way I look at it, is this three pack will be enough Dead Rising overload to last the year or so until DR4 gets a nice discount to hopefully 30 dollars. :)

For logistical reasons. Different port team working on different games, different game engine, and so on. Also, we'd rather give customers choice rather than locking any one of the Dead Rising games behind a $60 product.

Not sure if you can spread the word, but a physical copy of OTR would be nice ;)

Also, as has been said here numerous times, no Case 0 or West is a big disappointment.

At the same time, I'm very glad you guys are making this bundle available, it'll be nice to play them again!

wbacon

Capcom USA
Not sure if you can spread the word, but a physical copy of OTR would be nice ;)

Also, as has been said here numerous times, no Case 0 or West is a big disappointment.

At the same time, I'm very glad you guys are making this bundle available, it'll be nice to play them again!

Sorry, OTR retail disc version is not happening. Crunching numbers, COGS of a physical product at a $19.99 price point vs. expected sales volume (relative to DR1 and DR2) just did not work out. Europe region in particular is even more challenging at that price point, and it leaves *very* little margin to make it worthwhile unless we jack up the price. At the end of the day, we are a publicly traded company and need to ensure products are still profitable while reaching as many users as possible . :)

Loudninja

+ Jeffery Simpson on August 9th, 2016 at 9:26 am said:

We currently have no plans to bring Dead Rising 3 to other platforms. Sorry.
+ Jeffery Simpson on August 9th, 2016 at 9:23 am said:

Hey Chazzy:

DR4 is coming out on two systems in December. We haven’t announced yet what might follow afterwards.

There’s currently no plans to bring DR3 to any additional systems.

Hope that answers your questions.

– Jeffery
+ Jeffery Simpson on August 9th, 2016 at 9:42 am said:

Dead Rising 4 is launching on non-Sony platforms in December, but we haven’t announced future plans for the game yet.

The earlier Dead Rising games are great, though I am biased, and we’re happy that Sony fans get a chance to get into the series with this release. If you’re not wanting to get invested, that’s fair.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/09/dead-rising-triple-pack-coming-to-ps4-on-september-13/

Sorry, OTR retail disc version is not happening. Crunching numbers, COGS of a physical product at a $19.99 price point vs. expected sales volume (relative to DR1 and DR2) just did not work out. Europe region in particular is even more challenging at that price point, and it leaves *very* little margin to make it worthwhile unless we jack up the price. At the end of the day, we are a publicly traded company and need to ensure products are still profitable while reaching as many users as possible . :)

Hey appreciate the info! I guess digital 3 pack it is for me then.

Now, as for that avatar of yours. Hint Hint, Dragon's Dogma Online in the West, hint hint! ;)

Yazuka

A shame it didn't work out, but glad the games are coming.
I'm sad we don't get physical versions in EU, so I'll be importing DR 1 and DR2. Need my physical fix.

wbacon

Capcom USA
Wbacon you're great.

How are the mouse controls? I will probably play on a controller but might mess around with a mouse and keyboard.

There is a separate camera sensitivity settings for the mouse and analog stick. I've been playing on a game pad, but mouse control seems okay as far as I can tell. Though it may feel a bit floaty compared to a typical third person action shooter, controls are smooth and you can still draw tiny circles with the aim reticle. The game polls for all connected input devices, so switching to and fro between mouse+KB and game pad is seamless like all modern MTF-based games.

wbacon, will there be any changes made to Infinity Mode, such as a way to disable hunger or some form of temporary save (so that you don't have to leave your game running for hours to get the achievements)?

Would like if DR1 had configurable controls, or even right-stick/shoulder-button aim and shoot. Very happy that it's getting ported in any case

wbacon

Capcom USA
Would like if DR1 had configurable controls, or even right-stick/shoulder-button aim and shoot. Very happy that it's getting ported in any case

Yes. Both keyboard and gamepad buttons can be remapped through the in-game controller option menu. For example, I currently have the attack function assigned to the right trigger.

EDIT:

wbacon, will there be any changes made to Infinity Mode, such as a way to disable hunger or some form of temporary save (so that you don't have to leave your game running for hours to get the achievements)?
There are no changes to the core gameplay system. That being said, you now have five save slots to work with.

Is that why Case Zero and West weren't included in DR2? Any chance of them becoming BC titles for Xbox One at least?

CamHostage

Is there any word yet on who did the conversion? Blue Castle?

DR2 and OTR should be pretty well archived (and they have PC versions) but DR1 might have taken some real work to bring out again. Hopefully they've got a decent conversion team on it even at these prices.

Ridley327

Is there any word yet on who did the conversion? Blue Castle?

DR2 and OTR should be pretty well archived (and they have PC versions) but DR1 might have taken some real work to bring out again. Hopefully they've got a decent conversion team on it even at these prices.

It's already been confirmed that QLOC is handling the PC port of DR1. Good hands doesn't begin to describe their work in the past.

DOWN

Banned
I didn't have much desire to replay 2 or OTR but at this price, maybe I should jump on that co-op

Pretty good pricing

With my backlog being what it is, I don't know what game(s) I want to get out of these, but the idea is kind of exciting. I never did beat DR1, but it has a horrible save system.

Mr Swine

Banned
Wbacon, any improvements to the graphics like shadow resolution, better textures and ambient occlusion or is it just a straight up port? Either way I cannot wait to play this gem again :)

Steam Controller works just like any other Xinput-based game pads. Similar implementation to DDDA PC port.
Has the PC version of off the record been updated to support wireless Xbox one controllers? I had to download a 3rd party program to get that working a few months ago.

microtubule

Just pre-ordered Dead Rising PC and really looking forward to replaying this!

I can't believe it's been 10 years already since the release of DR - so many emotions. It only feels like yesterday that I experienced the RROD on a launch 360 with no warranty in August 2006 (luckily MS eventually repaired it for free months later). I got to the DR menu screen for the first time and pressed start - instead the console died. I had to run out and get a 360 Arcade unit from Gamestop and played DR well into the night.

Nope. That's what I'm doing.

May as well wait until I can get it on Steam at least.

Has the PC version of off the record been updated to support wireless Xbox one controllers? I had to download a 3rd party program to get that working a few months ago.

That didn't work for me on DR2, but if I plugged in a wired 360 controller as player 2 it worked. Super weird.

Also co-op doesn't work on either for me at all. I really wish they would fix the PC versions.

Bizzquik

Tangent Question:
Which is the better quasi-open world, semi-serious game?
Dead Rising 2 or Yakuza 5....?

* combat?
* story?
* character skill progression (i.e. role-playing mechanic)?
* interesting environments to explore?
* worthwhile side content?
* just plain more fun?

My backlog is looking for a winner.

Ridley327

Tangent Question:
Which is the better quasi-open world, semi-serious game?
Dead Rising 2 or Yakuza 5....?

* combat?
* story?
* character skill progression (i.e. role-playing mechanic)?
* interesting environments to explore?
* worthwhile side content?
* just plain more fun?

My backlog is looking for a winner.

I think I can safely say that you won't find a whole hell of a lot of serious in Dead Rising 2, semi- or otherwise.

Shin-Ra

Dead Rising screenshots are:

1920x1176
Scaled with sharpen filter
Lossy captures recompressed as PNGs

And whichever version they're showing is seriously lacking in the AA department. The HUD and everything doesn't look stretched so I don't think they're 1080p console pics stretched.

28765882472_7f6fea3246_o.png

28765882442_dd1dfe92a6_o.png

28255564763_aee64a2443_o.png

Framerate and image quality look bad in the trailer.

https://youtu.be/dVKvHE2-eFA

Justinh

For the love of god, as someone that got the Saint achievement....PLEASE use the DR2 AI for survivors in DR1.

Or remove the damn ledge leading to the safe room.

Lmao, that ****ing ledge. One at a time guys, just... dammit! I'm in a hurry!

I still gotta give another go at that damn Saint achievement. Hoping to get it this month, because I plan on being deep in the "new" game afterwards. I doubt they'd update the AI though, would be nice....

Even though I would play these with an Xbone pad on PC, I really like that they've added DS4 support with matching icons.

Yeah, I'm really hoping the Case DLC games get rereleased too.

edit: Screw it. Pre-ordered a gift copy on steam of 1 and sent it off. Will probably get myself physical copies of what I can when I can, then digital later (because I'm lazy...)

Grief.exe

Just pre-ordered Dead Rising PC and really looking forward to replaying this!

I can't believe it's been 10 years already since the release of DR - so many emotions. It only feels like yesterday that I experienced the RROD on a launch 360 with no warranty in August 2006 (luckily MS eventually repaired it for free months later). I got to the DR menu screen for the first time and pressed start - instead the console died. I had to run out and get a 360 Arcade unit from Gamestop and played DR well into the night.

Essentially forgotten all of the secrets, so it will be like playing a new game.

The good news is you won't have to destroy your Xbox to get 100% of the achievements too, assuredly some of these 24 hour achievements exacerbated the Xbox's heating failures.

Essentially forgotten all of the secrets, so it will be like playing a new game.

The good news is you won't have to destroy your Xbox to get 100% of the achievements too, assuredly some of these 24 hour achievements exacerbated the Xbox's heating failures.

I'm really excited about this. Hopefully the game is alt-tab friendly, but at the very least I can just have a Youtube video on my other monitor. Didn't have the setup for it 10 years ago lol

wbacon

Capcom USA
I'm really excited about this. Hopefully the game is alt-tab friendly, but at the very least I can just have a Youtube video on my other monitor. Didn't have the setup for it 10 years ago lol

Yes, it is alt-tab friendly. It includes full screen, windowed, and borderless window modes.

Human_me

I just pre-ordered with GMG.
I'm soo looking forward to this.
Last time I played this it was when I first bought an Xbox 360.

I never completed it.

I plan to complete it this time round, in glorious 4k 60fps goodness (hopefully).

Top Bottom