• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Remasters detailed; U$19,99 each or U$49.99 for the collection

Gren

Deference between the OG PC version of DR2 and this?

The DR2/OTR remasters are only for console. DR1 is the only new game coming to PC.

EDIT: Now I get what you were asking. The console ports are 1080p/60fps with all DLC. No other additions/changes have been mentioned. So no feature-related reason to multi-dip if you already have it on PC.

Brophy

Neo Member
Capcom i want this to be an unlockable outfit you hear me!
ia6rkjz.jpg

Definitely in for DR1 physical, and I might bite on DR2 as well. I'm far more likely to impulse buy a remaster if it's priced accordingly and isn't a shit port.

Take notes, Activision. Remasters may be making up a majority of Capcoms output this gen, but at least they're doing it right.

pa22word

It would legit shock me if they get og dr2 running at 60fps on consoles. My old i7 960 gets hammered by that game and it runs circles around the CPUs in the consoles.

pa22word

Timer still there, will pass. I couldn't stand the timer.

tumblr_inline_o09knzZcom1qjnusu_500.gif

Get it on pc and mod out the timer :p

Can't. Both modded 360 and DR2PC mods have shown the best you can do is pause it or slow it down, both of which are pointless in the long haul as you still have to be at X location at Y time to do things.

I don't know why "the game is designed around the clock" is so hard to understand. It's been 10 years; get over it.

I know there is a thread about Dead Rising beeing up on the PC, but this details the other ones too, on all platforms

EDIT:

Dead Rising, Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record will be available to purchase as individual download titles on September 13th for EUR 19.99 / GBP 15.99 / USD 19.99. All three titles are also available as a “Dead Rising Triple Pack” preorder bundle for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 for EUR 49.99 / GBP 39.99 / USD 49.99.

Capcom also said that as of now, it has no plans to bring Case Zero and Case West to current gen

EDIT:

More info on the release, thanks to Saint of Killers

feel free to close or merge if not worthy

IE8WNvA.gif

I knew it! I figured there was a reason RE4 was hitting before September! Thanks, based Capcom for physical versions!

Perfect example of voting with your wallet done right.
(Did my part and bought PS4/XBO versions of both RE5/6)

Any reason why OTR wasn't given a physical release? Not a complaint, but just curious...

pa22word

Any reason why OTR wasn't given a physical release? Not a complaint, but just curious...

Just a guess but it's probably to due both with them not wanting to do a separate version of the two DR2 games with a built in UI to change between them for a single disc release and OTR being the worst selling and reviewing game in the series.

It would legit shock me if they get og dr2 running at 60fps on consoles. My old i7 960 gets hammered by that game and it runs circles around the CPUs in the consoles.

I was able to get 60 on it with a 2600k OCd and a 680 a few years back. Pretty sure the consoles should be fine.

PC versions still don't seem to work with anything other than an Xbox 360 controller though which is kind of lame. I only use Xbone and DS4 now. Hopefully DR1 doesn't have that problem.

Grief.exe

I was able to get 60 on it with a 2600k OCd and a 680 a few years back. Pretty sure the consoles should be fine.

2600k is far, far beyond either of the console CPUs and the 680 is comparable.

PC versions still don't seem to work with anything other than an Xbox 360 controller though which is kind of lame. I only use Xbone and DS4 now. Hopefully DR1 doesn't have that problem.

Run DS4 Windows for your DS4, otherwise you are just using Direct Input which is compatible with a minority of modern releases.

Wbacon from Capcom explained why earlier in this thread:

Sorry, OTR retail disc version is not happening. Crunching numbers, COGS of a physical product at a $19.99 price point vs. expected sales volume (relative to DR1 and DR2) just did not work out. Europe region in particular is even more challenging at that price point, and it leaves *very* little margin to make it worthwhile unless we jack up the price. At the end of the day, we are a publicly traded company and need to ensure products are still profitable while reaching as many users as possible . :)

dlauv

This is so good. I've been stealth begging for a PC port of 1 for years and years.

None of the others are quite like it.

Grief.exe

This is so good. I've been stealth begging for a PC port of 1 for years and years.

None of the others are quite like it.

I remember talking with Wbacon about the viability of a Dead Rising port years ago.

This is as good of time as any to port the series as they will piggyback off marketing for Dead Rising 4's release. Perfect timing, and fits right in with modern Capcom's business strategy.

Grief.exe

Gamersyde have more screens and a high bitrate trailer, but it just looks YouTube quality, wastefully inflated like those lossy PNGs.

Something is up with these shots. No AF, lack of AA, blurry from a distance. I'd guess these aren't the PC version, possibly sub-1080p render, bad image hosting, and/or some kind of filter.

YEWbWoi.png

Makes sense that the PC version is CPU bound. I was getting drops to about 90 FPS, I think, with my 5820k and GTX 1080

Wanna see the New DR and maybe DR3 on PS4 before I support these remasters, support me if you want me to support you back Capcom.

Pissed me off to no end PS3 didn't get the intro to DR2, so I never bought it.

Ridley327

It's weird they just didn't bundle it together for one 40 dollar physical edition.
All of these remasters that Capcom have put out have gone straight to bargain bin assortments. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for them to price themselves out of it.

Gren

It's weird they just didn't bundle it together for one 40 dollar physical edition.

Another reason is that a more-expensive bundle being the only option would probably turn off PS-only owners potentially interested in just the first game.

wbacon

Capcom USA
Something is up with these shots. No AF, lack of AA, blurry from a distance. I'd guess these aren't the PC version, possibly sub-1080p render, bad image hosting, and/or some kind of filter.

https://i.imgur.com/YEWbWoi.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Those were from standard 1080p screenshots. They're actually quite clean looking and fluid in motion on Xbox One and PS4 as they'll be running in native 1080p/60fps mode.

For PC specifically, jacking up AA, render resolution, and anisotropic filtering will obviously improve image fidelity.

Sample screenshots with MSAA8X and 16X AF settings enabled:
[url]http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/448492202382615584/2D73445B03072535CD474FB77931A3EE933A6F91/[/url]

[url]http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/448492202382615730/0A977D66E00E29C37CAAFF594AFE7E6FBBE69B4B/[/url]

They're masterworks all, you can't go wrong with any one of them.

EDIT: Given it's an HD re-release and there's not much to spoil, I'll likely do some sample video captures closer to release.

Shin-Ra

The trailer doesn't look clean (it's a jaggy eyesore) or fluid in motion if that's 'console' (which console?) footage.

Dead Rising originally had 4xMSAA on Xbox 360 so any step backwards from that, like RE5, would be extremely disappointing. Especially if the framerate isn't stable.

BBboy20

I'm curious on the PC performances and other customization that are possible. Adding even more zombies and potentially mods would be off the chain.

wbacon

Capcom USA
The trailer doesn't look clean (it's a jaggy eyesore) or fluid in motion if that's 'console' (which console?) footage.

Dead Rising originally had 4xMSAA on Xbox 360 so any step backwards from that, like RE5, would be extremely disappointing. Especially if the framerate isn't stable.

YT trailer quality, even at 1080p/60, is still compressed, and yes, sample cuts aren't the best showcase of DR1 with the occasional odd stutter in there (don't know what happened there). It's actually '60fps fluid' on the local console. I'll do my best to capture sample footage closer to release. Will make it one of my weekend projects now that I have an Elgato HD60 Pro capture card.

Those were from standard 1080p screenshots. They're actually quite clean looking and fluid in motion on Xbox One and PS4 as they'll be running in native 1080p/60fps mode.

For PC specifically, jacking up AA, render resolution, and anisotropic filtering will obviously improve image fidelity.

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...584/2D73445B03072535CD474FB77931A3EE933A6F91/

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...730/0A977D66E00E29C37CAAFF594AFE7E6FBBE69B4B/

EDIT: Given it's an HD re-release and there's not much to spoil, I'll likely do some sample video captures closer to release.

So just captures without AA enabled? Consoles will have some form of anti-aliasing and AF, right?

Lucifon

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...584/2D73445B03072535CD474FB77931A3EE933A6F91/

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...730/0A977D66E00E29C37CAAFF594AFE7E6FBBE69B4B/

Thanks for chiming in, it's really appreciated. Especially when companies like Activision are just crapping out terrible 'remasters'/ports left right and centre with zero communication. It's not hard to communicate, but it makes a huge difference. Will definitely be grabbing the triple pack on console.

wbacon

Capcom USA
So just captures without AA enabled? Consoles will have some form of anti-aliasing and AF, right?

I honestly wouldn't know under what conditions they were captured in as they were done quite some time ago.

Either way, a raw, high bitrate footage is probably the best example. I'll try to capture a short clip this weekend and have the video file hosted on a file sharing site. Stay tuned! :)

And a quick disclaimer -- I can only do this for re-release titles since the content is not new. This is more of an unofficial community effort on my part to keep you guys engaged from a technical standpoint.

Top Bottom