• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 3 Awakened DLC Trailer & Screens

x-Lundz-x

Loved Dead Space 3, but will have to wait on reviews and price. If it's more than 10 bucks I'll probably have to pass right now.

Risgroo

So, is this just an extra side mission or does it take place after the ending?
Bagheads look freaky.

EDIT: Right after the ending, according to the IGN video, nice!

Saty

Can you be anymore crazy?

dsawa5pjlg.gif

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Might want to note that Polygons says it comes out next Tuesday for NA and Wednesday for Europe.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/7/4029224/dead-space-3-awakened-dlc-heightens-horror

Dead Space 3: Awakened will be available on March 12 through PlayStation Network, Xbox Live and Origin for Windows PC worldwide for $9.99 or 800 Microsoft Points. The pack will be available through the European PSN the following day.

On one hand, the people talking about the previews have me a bit more excited, but why is this "style" of more horror/terror in DLC and not the main game? :/

AOC83

Banned
If you read the previews it actually sounds good. Like they took a step back and brought the Dead Space back.

No, i was just judging by the trailer, the scences look like parts of the last few ours of DS3 and that´s exactly were the game completely jumped the shark.

Estocolmo

It looks like the same enviroments they used for the 10 optional missions (that all looked practically the same...) How can they re-use the same settings over and over again?

rbanke

Name quote. Lots of people hating on the game for what...it not being a carbon copy of the first?

I definitely didn't hate it, but my biggest complaint is that it almost turns into a corridor shooter at chapter
and then proceeds to really drag on. I felt like they could have cut nearly half the game and had a better game all around. I also thought the enemy encounters were mostly really bad & boring.

I'm not sure how I feel about this DLC. I might end up just reading what happens rather than play it if reviews say it plays the same as the rest of the game.

Maedhros

I definitely didn't hate it, but my biggest complaint is that it almost turns into a corridor shooter at chapter
and then proceeds to really drag on. I felt like they could have cut nearly half the game and had a better game all around. I also thought the enemy encounters were mostly really bad & boring.

I'm not sure how I feel about this DLC. I might end up just reading what happens rather than play it if reviews say it plays the same as the rest of the game.

Corridors? First one is full of these. :p

rbanke

Corridors? First one is full of these. :p

Maybe I'm describing it incorrectly. But at that point it was basically a huge line of dudes to shoot through, which doesn't feel like the rest of Dead Space, even DS3's first half. Several chapters post that point felt like I was playing an Uncharted style third person shooter (tons of fodder enemies) rather than a Dead Space game, which I don't think does anything positive for this game.

Salz01

I'd rather get the DLC to DS2, and visit the Sprawl again. Vastly more interesting looking then the stations in 3. I looked at the trailer and ign walk through, and it just doesn't make me want to play 3 again.

Maedhros

Maybe I'm describing it incorrectly. But at that point it was basically a huge line of dudes to shoot through, which doesn't feel like the rest of Dead Space, even DS3's first half. Several chapters post that point felt like I was playing an Uncharted style third person shooter (tons of fodder enemies) rather than a Dead Space game, which I don't think does anything positive for this game.

Ohh, now I understand. That's really pretty lame. =/

Top Bottom