• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Official Teaser Trailer

Really speaks to how trash and creatively bankrupt this industry is. Remakes after remakes.
EA originally said a few years back that they had no interest in remakes or remasters. Then, everyone started making $$ on them and EA quietly commissioned several of them. Mass Effect, Command and Conquer, Dead Space, no telling what else they have going on. I heard rumors of a Battlefield 3 remaster.

Last edited:

shubik

Never played the original so I´m kind of pumped to get a proper remake. I´ve read a couple of times that the gameplay is a little bit dated. Hope they will work on that and bring some QOL changes

EDMIX

EA originally said a few years back that they had no interest in remakes or remasters. Then, everyone started making $$ on them and EA quietly commissioned several of them. Mass Effect, Command and Conquer, Dead Space, no telling what else they have going on. I heard rumors of a Battlefield 3 remaster.

I agree, but EA since has many many, many changes though. I'd assume this is one of em.

We can't just be like "EA doesn't listen to fans" and beg for a remaster or remake and then get mad when they listen and make remasters and remakes.....

Keep in mind, many more made money on REMASTERS then full on, expensive, NEXT GEN ONLY remakes in different engines. If this was all for the $$$ EA could have just did a remaster and not a remake as that is what the majority does btw and been like "remasters, 60fps 4k, on 14 platforms" lol That makes more sense if its JUST for the $$$, it wouldn't be a remake, wouldn't be next gen only etc

EA originally did a lot of things when last gen started, many of which they reversed and changed which I feel is for the better.

I posted some article on what they said in 2015 on that thread about Skate.

edit.

If EA was ONLY about the money at all times, why do this? Think about it, when you say "everyone started making $$ on them" you make it seem as if EA didn't now remasters made money... last gen was not the first generation for ports or remasters though, so nothing in that really makes sense.

They know remasters exist and make money, they make waaaay too much money to even argue otherwise, more like EA felt their attention was better focused on new games. Keep in mind, as much as I'd love a update of many games as remasters, a collection etc, I actually agreed with what EA stated at this time.

I'm also ok with them changing their minds and doing those collections, remake Dead Space etc. So I don't see it as a "they learned remasters can make money" lol They already knew that when they made that choice to focus on new content vs just ports last gen and I Think it was wise they did. I'm ok with this happneing right now as now it can be a NEXT GEN remake vs a last gen one.

I'm sure many gamers would agree with that mind you.

Last edited:

Gaelyon

Gold Member
I did play it back in the time. It was a good game, but not a classic cult or anything to me. Good creepy ambiant and some neat ideas (the dismenbering weapons, the hud display actually on the back on your suit). The narrative was ok, more Doom III style than Bioshock style, and the level design was a bit too linear and constrained, but overall still a good game. Never played the sequels though.
However i would prefer a reboot with some fresh take than just a remaster.

Last edited:
Needs to be a 1:1 remake. There’s literally nothing wrong with the first Dead Space game so only the graphics should be updated. But this is EA so they’ll probably fuck it up.

Nickolaidas

Banned
? So feed back is now bad?

When its no feed bad its "WOW EA, they don't care about consumers"

EA- "Ok, we have feed back open in caus-"

"PRETTY SURE THIS IS JUST PURE PR EVERYONE"

Keep in mind, they've had feed back for many, many games. They've had many betas where feed back is open and you can tell the team about issues or fixes etc. To try to argue this is "pure PR" is BS bud. I think some gamers can't be pleased and would have just goal posted a new fake outrage thing.

Imagine getting mad that they want feed back to make the game better.
I have no idea what you are talking about and how it is related to what I said.

Xeaker

200.gif

The first game is a masterpiece, why remake it? Rather make Dead Space 4 you money hungry lazy retards.

EDMIX

200.gif

The first game is a masterpiece, why remake it? Rather make Dead Space 4 you money hungry lazy retards.

? The first game being a masterpiece is a logical reason to remake it.

They can still make Dead Space 4, did you read something where a remake means Dead Space 4 can't be made based on a new law or something? lol

Lazy? I'd argue something remade like this still cost a lot of money, lazy would be a bare bones port and if they wanted a shitload of money they have it on all platforms, not simply next gen.

HotPocket69

Banned
See EA?

You scratch my back, I suck your DICK!

I'll be buying Jedi Fallen Order now *out of respect*.

Any other games you want me to buy EA 😀 ?

Yes! Thank you EA! Thank you for completely murdering the franchise, murdering the dev team and pretending the series didnt exist anymore until you suddenly needed a nostalgic cash cow to milk.

Thank you, EA, indeed!

Everyone hates EA until they start milking their favorite dead franchise for a few extra consoomer bucks.

Gamer amnesia is real bitch, huh

Last edited:

dotnotbot

? The first game being a masterpiece is a logical reason to remake it.

They can still make Dead Space 4, did you read something where a remake means Dead Space 4 can't be made based on a new law or something? lol

Lazy? I'd argue something remade like this still cost a lot of money, lazy would be a bare bones port and if they wanted a shitload of money they have it on all platforms, not simply next gen.

I agree, remake and the fact how they announced it in a spotlight means they care. Now if EA Motive is capable of delivering a good remake is another story, but as long as they don't decide to make radical changes it should be fine I hope. We already know that sound effects will be faithful to original.

Last edited:

dotnotbot

My greatest fear about Dead Space now is EA likely ruin the original.

I think they're gonna go the safe route, similar to Demon's Souls remake. Remember DeS was also claimed to be reenvisioning and turned out to be pretty much the same game.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
? So feed back is now bad?

When its no feed bad its "WOW EA, they don't care about consumers"

EA- "Ok, we have feed back open in caus-"

"PRETTY SURE THIS IS JUST PURE PR EVERYONE"

Keep in mind, they've had feed back for many, many games. They've had many betas where feed back is open and you can tell the team about issues or fixes etc. To try to argue this is "pure PR" is BS bud. I think some gamers can't be pleased and would have just goal posted a new fake outrage thing.

Imagine getting mad that they want feed back to make the game better.

Yeah and they havent made a decent game in years lmao.

" Beta's " for feedback. Do you even believe that? Its not even a beta if the game is out the next month.

And no, they want feedback because they obviously have no clue why people liked the original games. If they did they wouldnt have created 3.

MMaRsu

Banned
I agree, but EA since has many many, many changes though. I'd assume this is one of em.

We can't just be like "EA doesn't listen to fans" and beg for a remaster or remake and then get mad when they listen and make remasters and remakes.....

Keep in mind, many more made money on REMASTERS then full on, expensive, NEXT GEN ONLY remakes in different engines. If this was all for the $$$ EA could have just did a remaster and not a remake as that is what the majority does btw and been like "remasters, 60fps 4k, on 14 platforms" lol That makes more sense if its JUST for the $$$, it wouldn't be a remake, wouldn't be next gen only etc

EA originally did a lot of things when last gen started, many of which they reversed and changed which I feel is for the better.

I posted some article on what they said in 2015 on that thread about Skate.

edit.

If EA was ONLY about the money at all times, why do this? Think about it, when you say "everyone started making $$ on them" you make it seem as if EA didn't now remasters made money... last gen was not the first generation for ports or remasters though, so nothing in that really makes sense.

They know remasters exist and make money, they make waaaay too much money to even argue otherwise, more like EA felt their attention was better focused on new games. Keep in mind, as much as I'd love a update of many games as remasters, a collection etc, I actually agreed with what EA stated at this time.

I'm also ok with them changing their minds and doing those collections, remake Dead Space etc. So I don't see it as a "they learned remasters can make money" lol They already knew that when they made that choice to focus on new content vs just ports last gen and I Think it was wise they did. I'm ok with this happneing right now as now it can be a NEXT GEN remake vs a last gen one.

I'm sure many gamers would agree with that mind you.

You cant make a remaster and implement F2p practices.

You cannot make it a live service game.

Reason enough for EA not to dabble in remasters.

Untill their eggs got broken ( Anthem, BFV, Andromeda ) then they started scrambling for some new money

chinoXL

word i haven't played any of these games so i'll def pick this up for the 5. not sure why the hate. these remakes are a safe way for companies to get familiar with the new hardware as well as get some coin in the bank. as long as they aren't keeping companies from making new IP's i dont see what the problem is

8bitpill

Gold Member
I'm psyched this is getting a remake for a newer generation.

The Developer ( Motive ) and Publisher ( EA ) are things to think about. This could go a number of ways due to EA. Motive is a fairly new studio and hopefully this is the title that makes them, even though they're riding on the coat tails of a IP that is well established.

Don't change a thing about it expect quality life improvements ( If you played the first title than the second and third you will see how they improved gameplay). The story was solid, and the over all atmosphere made you feel a part of the game.

Do what RE2 did, they didn't change the look of the main characters, the mechanics were improved, and they set a atmosphere that felt like it was within a real world.

In other words, please don't make Dead Space...
tumblr_or94zlKBqF1r9hf1uo1_540.gif

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Yes! Thank you EA! Thank you for completely murdering the franchise, murdering the dev team and pretending the series didnt exist anymore until you suddenly needed a nostalgic cash cow to milk.

Thank you, EA, indeed!

Everyone hates EA until they start milking their favorite dead franchise for a few extra consoomer bucks.

Gamer amnesia is real bitch, huh

Meh. You're trying too hard.

Kuranghi

So I can't do the 4K mod on PC GP yet with this?

If you mean does Windows Store/Gamepass allow mods yet? Then no, thats the main reason I don't use it.

The game still looks amazing at 4K with some MSAA/transparency OGSSAA added from the control panel anyway. Just make sure to turn off antialiasing in the settings as its just a simple blur and disable v-sync in-game and use driver v-sync because its locked to 30fps with the in-game v-sync.

Kuranghi

Will Lance Reddicks character be replaced with a White Woman though? It's the only part of the remake that really matters to me

I fucking hope not.

BTW, its not Lance Reddick, its this guy:

I also thought that for a second but thought it wasn't quite his voice, I assumed it was just him being younger but turns out its not him. You can even see that the likeness in-game is based on the VA.

Love the guys performance, its one of the best ever in games let alone for the time, it beat out most other performances at the time, must've had great direction/context given to him. It just fits the tone of the game so well.

Gamerguy84

If you mean does Windows Store/Gamepass allow mods yet? Then no, thats the main reason I don't use it.

The game still looks amazing at 4K with some MSAA/transparency OGSSAA added from the control panel anyway. Just make sure to turn off antialiasing in the settings as its just a simple blur and disable v-sync in-game and use driver v-sync because its locked to 30fps with the in-game v-sync.
Thanks for the info. I was thinking I could basically play it for free with the 4K mod.

I thought xbox just enabled "some" mods recently though. Dead Space isn't on the list though. Is this actually work?

I'm not much of a PC gamer at all but occasionally I dip. I actually have a decent setup because my daughter likes PC gaming.

Sinfulgore

There's like 0 AAA space horror games being made, so this is very welcome

I guess DS4 would have been optimal
I think the most optimal thing would be for EA to make a brand new game and pay some independent developer to make this remake. As far as I'm concerned remakes like this are the video game equivalent of what Disney does in the movie industry, making live-action versions of their old popular animated films.

dotnotbot

By people who were probably toddlers back in 2008

I'm pretty sure most of them are older than you. You obviously have no clue who did they pick but you're gonna shit on them anyway.

And that tweet you posted comes from a salty nobody also streaming on twitch:
UqejvWK.png

Lobos is a great guy and big DS fan. He's not super popular so it's not like they just went to Fortnite tab and picked up whoever will promote their game the best.

Last edited:
Absolutely amazing news!!!One of the best games series ever,absolutely deserved and needed a remake.I hope the darks are really dark and that the light barley brightens the spot,will be so intens especially with a good sound system.

Ristifer

I’ve never played Dead Space 3 before, but know that it’s the lame duck of the series. Was it still the original team behind the development of that game at the time, with EA overdoing it with all the bad decisions/microtransactions? Or was the original team already splintered off at that point?

Top Bottom