• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Remake - First 18 minutes

The Fartist

Gold Member
DswT84p.jpg

adam-sandler-holy-shit.gif

You have to wonder why they felt the need to make these woke changes to the characters. I mean its a horror game where 90% of the time you're on your own, and there are only like 4 or 5 characters in the whole game.
I bet even the most hardened sjw probably wouldnt of batted an eyelid if they had kept the characters the same, i mean its a graphical remake anyway, not a reimaginaring.

It kind of puts me off the game a bit to be honest, but alas its Dead Space, which i love.
This is why everyone should support Callisto. Because EA doesn't give a fuck obviously. So glad Callisto is just a straight rip off of Dead Space.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

Lol the first few minutes they show the impregnator turning someone into a zombie... and then they perfectly explain how they fucked it up in the remake.
And they constantly say "in our version, in our game" etc.
Motherfuckers. It's not your game. You were supposed to make graphics better. not ruin it.

You can clearly see the studio wanted to make their own game. Sad they got only remake job. it will ruin the remake and the studio.

The scene that was surprising, interactive (as you can walk around) and happened naturally, now is a loud ass cutscene and they explain "we wanted to make it more interactive"... dude, by making it a loud cutscene ?!
An this is just a first minute of this documentary.... oh boy

Lol the first few minutes they show the impregnator turning someone into a zombie... and then they perfectly explain how they fucked it up in the remake.
And they constantly say "in our version, in our game" etc.
Motherfuckers. It's not your game. You were supposed to make graphics better. not ruin it.

You can clearly see the studio wanted to make their own game. Sad they got only remake job. it will ruin the remake and the studio.

The scene that was surprising, interactive (as you can walk around) and happened naturally, now is a loud ass cutscene and they explain "we wanted to make it more interactive"... dude, by making it a loud cutscene ?!
An this is just a first minute of this documentary.... oh boy

It just seems like there is such an over-reliance on motion capture that it breaks the game.

With that gif where the necromorph crawls on the ground in the remake version, you can tell that they just had some guy crawl on the ground while completely ignoring that the necromorph has hands on its stomach that it can use to help crawl on the ground. Instead, the game just has the necromorph slide across direct from motion capture.

Last edited:
Why did they had to mention that Kendra was gay? Will it have some importance later in the story?
Pretty sure in the original she tells you that she kind of liked you

before escaping and leaving you to die, given you're becoming insane due to the marker.
She probably meant in a friendly way, but it can also be interpreted otherwise imo.

Top Bottom