• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Remake - First 18 minutes

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I think I'm too old for this shit. I don't find any of it scary. It's silly. I legitimately burst out laughing at 10:43.
Thanks man. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Here We Go Eye Roll GIF

You filthy gif posters, fight me with actual arguments. You can't. :messenger_sunglasses:

Hugare

Looks disapointing as fuck

People are so easily pleased by a beautiful, new coat of paint

As I said before Isaac doesnt look scared at all. And this is a serious fuck up in an horror game.

He walks straight, doesnt look around anxious while walking, doesnt tilt his head sideways when aiming, doesn't react to his friends getting killed right in front of him (dont remember old Isaac also reacting, but it was 2008)

Videocalls look 4K with pristine audio. Old videocalls looked grainy af, with terrible audio, to make it look like comunications could drop at any minute.

Also, adding voice to Isaac is something thats gonna bite them in the ass. It works in the 2/3 games because they were more action oriented. They also had more sidecharacters, so naturally, Isaac would talk.

But the first game is extreme isolation. That's where the tension comes from. Dont know if its gonna be the same now, and everything points do a decrease in tension.

Also: you have to be mad to think it looks better than Callisto with all the RT features.
It looks good, but honestly, it doesnt come close to Callisto.

Just like it was with Cyberpunk before, its cool to hate on Callisto now. But at the end of the day, I bet that Callisto will do many things better than the Dead Space remake.

Last edited:

I think I like the first fight in remake more than in original. Lots of things make sense in remake such as the security officers scan the area for suspicious sounds, etc when in original they were mostly... emotionless.
It also shows you that Hammond is trying to kill the necromorph in the wrong way (body mass instead of limbs). He later learns how they can be killed.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Zero interest in a remake. The first one still looks good at higher resolutions. Doesn't feel necessary at all.
But is there a way I can play original Dead Space on my PS5? I don’t have issue with remaster/remake of games I can’t play on modern systems like Crisis Core, GrimGrimoire and now Dead Space.

Skifi28

Love everything except for the new cast. Hammond looks too young and Nicole looks 20 years older than she should.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
But is there a way I can play original Dead Space on my PS5? I don’t have issue with remaster/remake of games I can’t play on modern systems like Crisis Core, GrimGrimoire and now Dead Space.
No idea, but it's easily accessible on Xbox. All 3 are.

OZ9000

Banned
First minute:
-Isaac talks lol
-The lady says "yeah I would like to talk to my girlfriend too"
-You emerge and there is no wow. ohhh... that's the planet? meh
-The black guy got really pointy ears lol

YEP
Enough for me to not buy the game or support the game in any shape or form.

I can't believe they replaced Hammond's actor.

Also Isaac's wife looks like his mum. Why is she so old?

anthony2690

Banned
BUT I AM LESBIAN!

HOW ELSE DO YOU YOU EXPECT ME TO RELATE TO OTHER PEOPLE IF THEY AREN'T EXACTLY LIKE ME?!
Some people are triggered by the smallest things.

Plus pretty sure she just said she would like to talk to her girlfriend too.

It's pretty throwaway/ignorable imo.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Some people are triggered by the smallest things.

Plus pretty sure she just said she would like to talk to her girlfriend too.

It's pretty throwaway/ignorable imo.
If it doesn't matter at all... then why did they bothered putting that line in?

Add that they also made Isaac's girlfriend look older and uglier... and yeah, the writting's on the wall.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
If it doesn't matter at all... then why did they bothered putting that line in?

Add that they also made Isaac's girlfriend look older and uglier... and yeah, the writting's on the wall.
They probably should've just went with partner to avoid any potential triggering tbh 🤷‍♂️

As it's universal and people can assume whatever gender she is dating then, even though I find it all trivial.

Can we get a comparison of Issac's girlfriend between games? (I can't really say on that, as I haven't seen her/played the games)

Last edited:

Sneeder

Banned
Looks disapointing as fuck

People are so easily pleased by a beautiful, new coat of paint

As I said before Isaac doesnt look scared at all. And this is a serious fuck up in an horror game.

He walks straight, doesnt look around anxious while walking, doesnt tilt his head sideways when aiming, doesn't react to his friends getting killed right in front of him (dont remember old Isaac also reacting, but it was 2008)

Videocalls look 4K with pristine audio. Old videocalls looked grainy af, with terrible audio, to make it look like comunications could drop at any minute.

Also, adding voice to Isaac is something thats gonna bite them in the ass. It works in the 2/3 games because they were more action oriented. They also had more sidecharacters, so naturally, Isaac would talk.

But the first game is extreme isolation. That's where the tension comes from. Dont know if its gonna be the same now, and everything points do a decrease in tension.

Also: you have to be mad to think it looks better than Callisto with all the RT features.
It looks good, but honestly, it doesnt come close to Callisto.

Just like it was with Cyberpunk before, its cool to hate on Callisto now. But at the end of the day, I bet that Callisto will do many things better than the Dead Space remake.
Callisto honestly had all the attention to details like old Isaac had, looking around him scared, stretching his arm, neck, blocking lights with his hand when they shine on his face, the way he walked looked tense
It's absolute pathetic that after all the shilling EA did with this remake it ended up inferior than the Callisto Protocol regarding animations, graphics, lighting etc

Inb4 all the fanboys saying "graphics don't matter" the DS remake is banking on the next gen visuals and tech, and when you have a new studio first game blow your next gen remake out of the water that should say something

EA is lucky DS is such a well paced game and has tons of varied enemy encounters that it will get good reviews anyway, the only part they had to change, they fucked up, now imagine if this team composed of hacks that worked on mass effect andromeda, battlefront got to make a new dead space game, imagine the disaster they would've shat out lol

TintoConCasera

They probably should've just went with partner to avoid any potential triggering tbh 🤷‍♂️

As it's universal and people can assume whatever gender she is dating then, even though I find it all trivial.

Can we get a comparison of Issac's girlfriend between games? (I can't really say on that, as I haven't seen her/played the games)
I think no remake should ever touch the writting of the original game. But that's just my opinion.

anthony2690

Banned
I think no remake should ever touch the writting of the original game. But that's just my opinion.
I assumed it was newly added dialogue? I'm sure I read in the past Issac didn't talk, could be wrong though.

Maybe I should check out the original game (I own them all, just never played them)

Do the games have fps boost does anyone know?

Mr Hyde

Looks awesome. Torn between this or Forspoken. They drop literally at the same date. Huge fan of Dead Space but I played it quite much on PS3 (and can still play it if I want) and Forspoken is a new IP which I want to support. However Forspoken looked kinda rough in the stream I watched yesterday, framerate all over the place. Dead Space on the other hand looks polished af and is a safe bet.

Okay, I can understand the complaints about the girlfriend, whilst her original model doesn't look the best, she doesn't look old enough to be Issac's mum atleast 😭😂

It's 2022 and Issac just wants to give some cougars some loving 😬
or maybe she's gone from 'isaac's girlfriend' to 'isaac's former middle school science teacher'?...

Sneeder

Banned
Modern game devs really hate boobies huh? They gave Kendra a jacket because her original design had way to much boobies LOL

Last edited:

peronmls

Why do the Necromorphs sound like generic zombies or specifically a smoker from l4d2? They are supposed to have a low squelching tone to them as well. Sounds like people in the studio.

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
Why do the Necromorphs sound like generic zombies or specifically a smoker from l4d2? They are supposed to have a low tone to them. Sounds like people in the studio.
I’m hoping it’s unfinished because yeah, sounds like a guy in a booth trying to sound sp00ky.

The lesbian line wouldn’t be so annoying if it wasn’t so obviously forced, but this is EA Motive…

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Modern game devs really hate boobies huh? They gave Kendra a jacket because her original design had way to much boobies LOL
Have you watched this....

Trigger had to fight with CD Projekt Red in order to keep their character design attractive, so yeah for some reason most western devs hate attractive characters in their video games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom