• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Remake - First 18 minutes

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Have you watched this....

Trigger had to fight with CD Projekt Red in order to keep their character design attractive, so yeah for some reason most western devs hate attractive characters in their video games.

Blessed be those japs for not bending the knee to the woke crowd.

nkarafo

Some people are triggered by the smallest things.

Plus pretty sure she just said she would like to talk to her girlfriend too.

It's pretty throwaway/ignorable imo.

But they did bother to write it, voice act it and animate it.

It's important to them, that's why it's bothersome.

Edit: Seems like they did many other similar changes to cater to the woke crowd. So, it's a hard pass for me.

Last edited:

samoilaaa

Isaac's girlfriend looks old now
Miss Daniel's is lesbian now
Dr.Kyne is a black female...
Edit: Johnston is female now too
Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF
because we have evolved , we are more open minded :)))
ffs , change the color of skin or gender and call it improvement , thats how worse things have gotten

Last edited:

skneogaf

I hate the new stuff like more talking, monster screaming ahhhh walking past window 💩, Isaac doesn't look like Isaac when he was sat in the cockpit, walking animations especially going through door a few times as he changed directions.

I've played Dead space at least once per year since it came out so maybe I'll notice too many differences and it will be too annoying.

The last time I played the original I played in 8k and the graphics were still amazing after all these years.

But I'll buy this as I want a new sequel to Dead space 2 or at least a re imagining of Dead space 3 that makes the story less about action or something.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
All of these things are so fucking minor to the actual gameplay and core of the game.
Agree, but if that's the case, then why change those things in the first place?

Doesn't make too much sense imo, unless it's to appeal to the woke crowd in which case I really wish those go buy the games in droves, because I know I won't.

Skifi28

My point is their intention behind changing those things, they didn't need an update at all, why change it?
My point is, why focus on their intentions? You don't play intentions, a character having a line about her girlfriend or a poster changing is so minor the majority of people would not even notice. Yet you make it sound as if the game has been ruined somehow and it's a disaster because of them. These are the stuff that mostly matter to those that have agendas themselves.

Do I like all the new changes? I don't, but many of those don't matter much as long as they nailed the gameplay.

Looks absolutely outstanding IMO, especially when comparing to the OG. God, I adored Dead Space so much. I bought that LRG collector's because the original game meant a ton to me. 1 and 2 are just SO damn good, even today.

I'm really hoping this jump starts the IP. I mean, I miss Visceral so much, but if this team gets familiar enough with the feel and development of the IP.... Maybe....

Yeah, honestly, a silent protagonist is great. But the idea of a character being talked to by a crew and not verbally responding would be a bit odd. Especially if they're wanting to develop the world more IMO.

- Yes, because nowadays we have more cinematic games, with more character development, dialogue, etc. Isaac is an engineer, someone who's going to be asked questions, among other things. A silent protagonist just nodding, shaking his head, or shrugging seems a little silly in a time where things are going to hell.
- Really not that important IMO. A line that's 1-3 seconds long doesn't make for an entire experience.
- I mean, it didn't feel immersive breaking to me, this isn't some crew of newbies that haven't experienced stuff like this before. It's basically a day in the life of _______.
- K.
Why can't he be a mute character? We have all these gay and lesbian characters that devs insist on puttting in games, a lot of times for no reason but then completely skip over representation of mute people.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Righhhht...so why change them?
It's a fact that they don't. As for why they made the change, I don't know. Ask them.

The changes are pointless and unnecessary, but I'm buying and playing Dead Space to play Dead Space, not to give a shit about throwaway characters or aspects of a character such as their perceived age.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
No. I will speak for the entire internet, including you. Accept this and enjoy a life of quality.
If it was as bad as people say I would have turn it off and continued with God of War Ragnarok which I was playing before CP came out
But I'm fully engaged into the game so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's obviously doing something right.... unlike TLOUII which I still haven't returned to since it came out, Might have to restart that haS it's been so long 😂
Some people liked Evil Within and some thought it was terrible.
Is what it is, they don't like it and it's as simple as that.
You know I borrowed a friend Silent Hill 2 after I finish it and he returned it back to me the very next day.
Said it was boring and shit with terrible graphics and couldn't believe I bought it.
I was like "okay....."
He still thinks that way about it now.
But he only plays open world and multiplayer games now so....yeah.
But I'll correct any bullshit I hear because there is a lot surrounding TCP.
One thing I do know is the sales for the game must be high because everyone seems to own it.

TintoConCasera

If it was as bad as people say I would have turn it off and continued with God of War Ragnarok which I was playing before CP came out
It's obviously doing something right.... unlike TLOUII which I still haven't returned to since it came out, Might have to restart that haS it's been so long 😂
You know I borrowed a friend Silent Hill 2 after I finish it and he returned it back to me the very next day.
Said it was boring and shit with terrible graphics and couldn't believe I bought it.
I was like "okay....."
One thing I do know is the sales for the game must be high because everyone seems to own it.
People should focus on enjoying the games they like, instead of giving any fucks about metascores and so on.

Arachnid

I was like "okay....."
I'm kidding dude, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I just didn't get what I want from it, but that doesn't mean your opinion has to line up with mine or anyone elses.

Same with your friend and SH2. It's a PS2 game at this point after all (probably difficult to get new players to appreciate it these days). I still hate your friend tho

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm kidding dude, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I just didn't get what I want from it, but that doesn't mean your opinion has to line up with mine or anyone elses.

Same with your friend and SH2. It's a PS2 game at this point after all (probably difficult to get new players to appreciate it these days). I still hate your friend tho
No this was back in 2004

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Now the game is $80?, I know EA are greedy but surely not.

Anyway, call it a "reimagination" if you must, or ignore it. The original won't go away. 🤷‍♂️

WoJ

I think it looks pretty good. I love the first Dead Space and want more games like this so I'll support it. I am mixed on Isaac talking. Him as a silent protagonist was a huge part to what made the original Dead Space great. Hopefully additional dialogue doesn't take away from this.

SCB3

I really dont understand how game development and QA works. Like if i test my game with HDR i can notice this shit immediately, especially in a game like this, where lighting and shadows are everything. They just doesnt care or what?
Cause most people don't understand HDR, you'd think QA would, but alas...

Sneeder

Banned
Now the game is $80?, I know EA are greedy but surely not.

Anyway, call it a "reimagination" if you must, or ignore it. The original won't go away. 🤷‍♂️
"The original won't go away" What's your point? They are bragging in all the livestreams they do they are being faithful to the original when they're not, they already botched the atmosphere, the lighting is screwed up, animations are janky, they are adding filler sidequests, changing up the dialogue, making Isaac talk to much ruining the atmosphere and sense of loneliness, adding useless "i'm lesbian" dialogue. I can only imagine the other changes they did to the remake, it's garbage

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
"The original won't go away" What's your point? They are bragging in all the livestreams they do they are being faithful to the original when they're not, they already botched the atmosphere, the lighting is screwed up, animations are janky, they are adding filler sidequests, changing up the dialogue, making Isaac talk to much ruining the atmosphere and sense of loneliness, adding useless "i'm lesbian" dialogue. I can only imagine the other changes they did to the remake, it's garbage
You know exactly what I mean, you can vote with your wallet and skip it. The original is there to be enjoyed and no one will take that away from you.

As for them bragging etc, I don't really keep up with dev news/events so I wouldn't know.

I didn't play the first, or any of the 3 rather but I liked what I saw in the vid gameplay and graphics wise.

Top Bottom