• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Remake New Development Videos Released

It's always interesting to look behind the scene.
It's unusual for EA ta make such a WIP videos.
EA's been.. weird for the past year where they seem to be just cutting off last gen consoles for some reason? I'm legit surprised they are not trying to force this as a XBoxOne/ PS4 game , same goes for the next Jedi game. Really interesting decisions, maybe a lot of feedback from their internal teams was that they do not want to handle undercooked hardware anymore? Fifa and the sports games will obviously be the exception but im surprised how lenient they are .
One thing i can think of is how Anthem bombed massively probably due to Ambition not being in line with Hardware scope so who knows, they might want to get games released more smoothly

Last edited:

CamHostage

These videos were great. I wish all game development was this transparent

Agreed, although maybe to a point? This is a remake (albeit not a 1:1 work, so we wouldn't be surprised by what happens, so they can show more than usual. A normal game tries to keep under wraps for the sake of the audience, although I don't know how much that's really necessary, and then just tech-wise, they could show things without them being revealing of the final game.

That said, I agree, and very much appreciate open access to game development and game production history.

they seem to be just cutting off last gen consoles for some reason?

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Arachnid

I hope the Splinter Cell remake and rumored MGS remake get half the love this seems to be getting.

I also hope they do switch up some areas. Make it at least a little new.

Top Bottom