• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadline (Wii) tiny screens

Avrum said:
I think this may have the upper hand though. We actually have a box art and screens at least. :p
I agree with this. also you've got the fact that these guys seem to have actually released a game before. but wow, it really didn't take much to outdo sadness did it. hehe

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
intriguing. i'd like to see it in motion before i make any further comments, but looks like a possible buy for me.

also, i still believe in nibris... :(

The Hermit

Sorry, but except from the shotgun and grenade that looks like a rip-off from HL2 ,I can't see shit from this screenshots.

To me they could be PSP or 360 pics and I couldn't tell the difference.

Zenith

Banned
Matt said:
I don't understand what your arguing here. The game is clearly one for Wii. Why are you trying to say otherwise?

the models look exactly the same quality as HL2 (wonder why...). even those tiny-ass shots don't look possible on Wii. PS360 sounds more plausible. remember these are BUDGET developers. you really think their game is going to top all else on the Wii graphically?

hellclerk

Zenith said:
the models look exactly the same quality as HL2 (wonder why...). even those tiny-ass shots don't look possible on Wii. PS360 sounds more plausible.
pffft, you really are grasping for straws here aren't you. i will admit it looks nice, but the screens are miniscule and you can tell they're using alot of fog effects to hide the probably terrible draw distances. could be a good thing for atmosphere, but you can tell that grass is ass and the character models could end up really shitty too. i mean, EVERYTHING looks good at 288x173.

Matt

Zenith said:
the models look exactly the same quality as HL2 (wonder why...). even those tiny-ass shots don't look possible on Wii. PS360 sounds more plausible. remember these are BUDGET developers. you really think their game is going to top all else on the Wii graphically?
Oh please, it doesn't look nearly as good as you're making it out to.

Fact is, the game is in development for Wii. Stop arguing this point, you don't have a leg to stand on.

Zenith

Banned
deadline.gif

This is from 2003. Another PS2 port?

Zenith

Banned
Kandogames.com said:
Deadline is an action/adventure game which provides the player with a unique film-like playing experience.

Everything that is “mise-en-scene” is playable and everything that is playable is “mise-en-scene".

The hero, at the head of a small team of highly trained agents and armed with powerful means, is thrown into an adventure full of twist and turns and in which no one really is who they seem to be.

For those that don't know mise-en-scene means everything on screen. oh, and replace "Deadline" with "Metal Gear Solid" and you get something that fits the description and the pic. what's next?

EDIT: I was right, it's a PS2 port. don't know why they're showing pics of HL2.

Kandogames.com said:
The First Storyboard Simulator?

Kando Games, a small developer french founded notably by former figures Darkworks (Alone in the Dark - The New Nightmare), simultaneously produces two titles for the PlayStation 2. Deadline, which its authors hope to make one of the big surprises of E3 2004, is the largest project under construction. What's wrong tunes Metal Gear Solid do not cheat, Deadline will be a very different kind. Based on the staging increasingly cinématiquedes games today Kando Games hopes to offer players a relatively unique experience in organizing the handling of the title with a script and a set of modular cameras, which would not yet not threaten maneuverability, through a process they jealously kept secret for the moment. Basically, the game is truly a film (by virtue of its scenes and framing) playable. Hopefully they will take their goals and to come back in that capacity in a few months for a more successful and practical concept so special.

MACHINE: PlayStation 2
DEVELOPER: Kando Games
RELEASE DATE: Winter 2004 / Early 2005?

babelfished from http://www.kandogames.com/press/P29-NeP-G005.pdf . A bunch of storyboards and 2 tiny screenshots at that link. Thank you and goodnight.

hellclerk

wait, did this PS2 Deadline game ever come out? if it still is in that first person perspective from the screens, i doubt this is the same game they showed off back in '04. they may have retooled the game into an FPS for the Wii. i'd like to hear more about this...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It's at the least interesting. I'm intrigued.

So it used to be a MGS2 ripped game for the PS2, and now it's a HL2 ripped game for the Wii?

At least the developers have good taste in video games.

EDarkness

GDGF said:
So did this game ever come out for the PS2? Should be easy enough to find out.

I've been looking for more information, but can't find anything on the PS2 version. Makes me wonder if they started it on the PS2 and later decided to change systems to something else. Hard to tell what to think about the game without more information.

Linkup

The screens are nothing more than mock-ups, but I'll let you guys jump around and continue to believe they actually represent the game.

Thunder Monkey said:
Can't decide anything about the game based on those screens.

Will even if the screens are just mock-ups we can still tell that they are planning on a darker mood than most wii games, though the boxart could tell you that also. Maybe it will be an fps, maybe they didn't bother to take the hud out of the screens. We shall now refer to this game as That Dark Game.

hellclerk

oh, and funny thing about the shotgun guys, the HL shotgun is a real one called the Franchi SPAS-12. they have it in games like R6V. if this is anything military related, then having the SPAS-12 in there wouldn't be too far out of the ordinary...

Linkup said:
Will even if the screens are just mock-ups we can still tell that they are planning on a darker mood than most wii games, though the boxart could tell you that also. Maybe it will be an fps, maybe they didn't bother to take the hud out of the screens. We shall now refer to this game as IGN Dark Game.
I get that...

I just didn't want to say anything about a game when we don't even have a game to say anything about yet...

Did that make sense?

Linkup

Thunder Monkey said:
I get that...

I just didn't want to say anything about a game when we don't even have a game to say anything about yet...

Did that make sense?

This is Neogaf, feel free to pass final judgment on first sight even if it doesn't exist.

swoon

they aren't really using the term mise-en-scene correctly. unless they really just want it to mean, everything on the screen which would be strange.

hellclerk

swoon said:
they aren't really using the term mise-en-scene correctly. unless they really just want it to mean, everything on the screen which would be strange.
they probably re-tooled the game for the Wii as an FPS

bdouble

doomed1 said:
wait, did this PS2 Deadline game ever come out? if it still is in that first person perspective from the screens, i doubt this is the same game they showed off back in '04. they may have retooled the game into an FPS for the Wii. I'd like to hear more about this...

No the PS2 one never came out to my knowledge and I agree. I highly doubt this is the same exact build they had planned to release on the PS2 three years ago.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
renegade_of_funk said:
bigger boxart
deadlinebox.jpg

Reminds me of The Dig , dont know why.

A man can hope it will be like the Dig.

DID ANYONE NOTICE SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA LISTED ON THE PAGE!!!!!

I hope it is like Mad Maestro but with the Wiimote and maybe not as cartoonish.

Zenith

Banned
the PS2 one never saw release.

doomed1 said:
oh, and funny thing about the shotgun guys, the HL shotgun is a real one called the Franchi SPAS-12. they have it in games like R6V. if this is anything military related, then having the SPAS-12 in there wouldn't be too far out of the ordinary...

WOW. really? tell us more, o great one.

hellclerk

Zenith said:
the PS2 one never saw release.

WOW. really? tell us more, o great one.
jeeze, only saying. i thought i've seen the model somewhere before that isn't HL. anyway, it's not unreasonable to assume that they've rebuilt the game since they pseudo-canned it back in the ps2 era. wouldn't surprise me too much if it ended up being that "IGN dark game" either. deadline is a rather interesting title. wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that the only thing that this and the PS2 MGS rip-off has in common is the title. course i'm skeptical since Rebel Raiders isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread, but hey, Geist wasn't that bad of a game, it just lacked the proper tech behind it. this could end up pretty cool too in the end.

NoirYuki

doomed1 said:
jeeze, only saying. i thought i've seen the model somewhere before that isn't HL.

The SPAS is, like, everywhere. I'm guessing you mean "model of gun" and not "in-game model" because no way they would be allowed to copy that without some cash flowing out.

It's basically the shotgun to use when you need something "cool" looking. The question is, how long before they discover the Pancor Jackhammer for that role?

Until then, everyone loves the SPAS.
spas.JPG

laserbeam

Banned
EDarkness said:
I've been looking for more information, but can't find anything on the PS2 version. Makes me wonder if they started it on the PS2 and later decided to change systems to something else. Hard to tell what to think about the game without more information.

from what i found they canceled the PS2 game in favor of making a Wii version

wsippel

Banned
NoirYuki said:
The SPAS is, like, everywhere. I'm guessing you mean "model of gun" and not "in-game model" because no way they would be allowed to copy that without some cash flowing out.

It's basically the shotgun to use when you need something "cool" looking. The question is, how long before they discover the Pancor Jackhammer for that role?

Until then, everyone loves the SPAS.
Max Payne had the Jackhammer as far as I remember. I wonder, though, why we don't see the HK CAWS, though. Maybe because it never entered mass production...

hellclerk

naw, as awesome as they both are, i doubt either of them would make the game seeing as this has a level of realism. however, the USAS-12 wouldn't be too far out of the picture.

my point was with the spas is that there can only be so many ways to represent the same thing in a video game. if the HL SPAS looks just like the Deadline SPAS, well, that makes sense :lol

Lobster

Banned
They're also making Rebel Raiders for Wii..It looks pretty ugly..draw distance of like 5 metres...

Their games have gotten pretty mediocre reviews too..

Lobster

Banned
RiZ III said:
tiny screens are tiny. more shovelware for the win.

I wouldn't call this shovelware..I'd call this a developer that tries its best..but just plain sucks..They've only made flight combat games..lets see how they go with adventure.

Top Bottom