• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadline (Wii) tiny screens

Jacobi

Banned
Endless said:
68685283dx0.jpg

halflife22iy3.jpg

Deadline1.jpg

12313jj3.jpg
So it was true. Or is this just a HL2 mod? Anyway, can't wait til Valve sues

And could it be that the enviroments are from STALKER? They seem familiar

Definitely the same models. However the gernade seems to have self-shadowing now and both are lit differently than the original models so they're probably just borrowing the models as placeholders and using them in their own engine.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Metal Gear?! said:
Definitely the same models. However the gernade seems to have self-shadowing now and both are lit differently than the original models so they're probably just borrowing the models as placeholders and using them in their own engine.
that would actually make a good deal of sense. paste the models in so to show what kind of game it is. there isn't even a HUD, so we can assume that it's not that far along then.

jesusraz

For those interested, the company is bringing this to all 'next-gen' consoles, but is considering focusing on the Wii version first, from what I've been told. Rebel Raiders will be first out the door for Wii, though, coming in Spring 2008.

jesusraz said:
For those interested, the company is bringing this to all 'next-gen' consoles, but is considering focusing on the Wii version first, from what I've been told. Rebel Raiders will be first out the door for Wii, though, coming in Spring 2008.

Who told you this? Did this source mention this actually being a redone, built ground-up game for the Wii or just a port of whatever they did on the PS2?

jesusraz said:
On their site, it only has the Wii version. These guys said it was canceled for PS2 and is now coming to Wii. You mind telling us where this info came from?

Zenith

Banned
jesusraz said:
For those interested, the company is bringing this to all 'next-gen' consoles

told you so.

These guys said it was canceled for PS2 and is now coming to Wii. You mind telling us where this info came from?

they're wrong. all info on this game comes from this thread.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Zenith said:
told you so.

they're wrong. all info on this game comes from this thread.
well, it is coming to the Wii too...

also, it's not necessarily wrong, its just the same kind of assumptions that we've made. fact is, the game that these guys were working on back in 04 is probably no more, and there is a game with the same name coming to the Wii, likely with a similar scenario as well. these are the facts that can be gleaned. it hasn't been said outright, but it's definitely not far from the absolute truth.

jesusraz

My information actually came from one of the game's developers. They can't talk about the project too much right now as the main focus is on finishing work on Rebel Raiders. I'm doing a Q&A with the team soon, so hopefully some answers can be squeezed out...

EDIT: BTW, it WAS for PS2 and PC originally, but cancelled.

Easy_G

If anyone cares. No chance they just photoshopped in the weapons or used them as place holders. This is barely even mod quality material. They just took some half life 2 props and made a map. They didn't use a single custom model/prop besides the enemy. I think all this proves is that the game won't ever be released (at least not in this form).

tut146_2.jpg

68685283dx0.jpg

herbes_HL2.jpg

Deadline1.jpg

Can't find a good pick of the rock face but that too has been in every half life game.

.dmc

Banned
Hey internet, remember when you were convinced that the STALKER devs stole assets from the Doom3 engine and it turned out they were all stock assets? Not that I have any knowledge at all of the project, but I think it's highly unlikely that there are devs out there who would stoop so long or act so unprofessionally as to rip assets from someone elses game and pass them off as their own. Put the tin hats away.

Top Bottom