• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition 2: Blessing in Disguise for Nintendo Switch Reviews

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Ah, I was on the xbox. Maybe it was better there

Oh come on, it was a nightmare on the Xbox too. If this game was polished and and ran great it would be totally ruined. I'm jealous it's not on the Xbox this time around. Just think how great those graphics would look in native 4K on the 1X :pie_roffles: :pie_roffles: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

This is one game if it ever comes to Xbox I do NOT want X enhanced, it just wouldn't be Deadly Premonition.

Last edited:

Humdinger

I really don't care about framerate. I'm interested in whether the game's characters and storyline resemble the first. On first impressions, it sounds like they do, although I haven't read the reviews carefully, and I've come to distrust reviewers' opinions in general. I'll be more interested to hear what our local DP veterans have to say about it.

Raven117

Gold Member
If it was PC or multiplatform game, everyone and their mother would be bursting in rage as how dare they to release such a crap, but since this is nintendo it's okay.
I’m really not a Nintendo fan. I’m a deadly premonition fan and can put up with a lot of jank. Some folks can’t. That’s cool

Barakov

Sounds great!

Swery just retweeted this lol

Sounds exquisite. Pre-Order placed.

VDJmuVw.png

J3nga

I’m really not a Nintendo fan. I’m a deadly premonition fan and can put up with a lot of jank. Some folks can’t. That’s cool
It's a weird game for the people with interesting/unusual tastes, I get it, what I mean is technical side is atrocious, it's like 240p@glorious 10fps.

Raven117

Gold Member
It's a weird game for the people with interesting/unusual tastes, I get it, what I mean is technical side is atrocious, it's like 240p@glorious 10fps.
Of course it is. Wish it were better, but we got what we got. The weirdness is worth it to me.

Shantae

Banned
I still can't believe the day after tomorrow I'll have a copy of a Deadly Premonition sequel in my hands. It's crazy that this even got made. I hope it's good in a Deadly Premonition kind of way, but man...fuck these reviewers lol It was never meant for them.

I am sorta curious what some of the Giant Bomb people might think about it. Even though the crew is a shell of their former selves, they do have a history with the game, and appreciated the quirkiness of the first game thanks to their Endurance Run of it.

Oh come on, it was a nightmare on the Xbox too. If this game was polished and and ran great it would be totally ruined. I'm jealous it's not on the Xbox this time around. Just think how great those graphics would look in native 4K on the 1X :pie_roffles: :pie_roffles: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

This is one game if it ever comes to Xbox I do NOT want X enhanced, it just wouldn't be Deadly Premonition.
Look, I'm old...let me remember stuff how I thought it was lol

InertKiwi

I had a feeling it was gonna be jank like the last game but damn. Still i'm looking forward to the weird and wacky story.

Hostile_18

Banned

Of the 4 versions of the original (360, PC and Switch) the 360 is generally regarded as the best version, but still far from perfect.

I can't wait for the PS4/5 version. The frame rate is shocking though on the Switch, that really needs to be addressed IMO 😊

CatLady

Of the 4 versions of the original (360, PC and Switch) the 360 is generally regarded as the best version, but still far from perfect.

I can't wait for the PS4/5 version. The frame rate is shocking though on the Switch, that really needs to be addressed IMO 😊

That's scary, it was janky as hell on the 360. It's hard to believe it could have been even worse elsewhere, but the game was still really fun, quirky and totally unique.

Even with the current bad frame rate the game will still be a lot of fun most likely, and hopefully it will get patched to have a better frame rate.

Hopefully it will eventually come to Xbox. I tried to see about buying a Switch yesterday and all that's available is the Lite or a regular Switch from 3rd parties at $500 - $600.

Hostile_18

Banned
That's scary, it was janky as hell on the 360. It's hard to believe it could have been even worse elsewhere, but the game was still really fun, quirky and totally unique.

Even with the current bad frame rate the game will still be a lot of fun most likely, and hopefully it will get patched to have a better frame rate.

Hopefully it will eventually come to Xbox. I tried to see about buying a Switch yesterday and all that's available is the Lite or a regular Switch from 3rd parties at $500 - $600.

Yeah the Ps3 version has colour reshading that doesn't always work and worse performance. Its arguable that the extra scenes make the game flow worse as well. The Switch version has badly compressed videos to make it fit on the cart size they chose. I'm not as familiar with the PC version but I believe its very buggy as well.

When Deadly Premonition 2 comes out next year for the new consoles I'm hoping they will release the original game for it as well. Maybe we can get over the low FPS simply with brute force lol. 😁

CatLady

Yeah the Ps3 version has colour reshading that doesn't always work and worse performance. Its arguable that the extra scenes make the game flow worse as well. The Switch version has badly compressed videos to make it fit on the cart size they chose. I'm not as familiar with the PC version but I believe its very buggy as well.

When Deadly Premonition 2 comes out next year for the new consoles I'm hoping they will release the original game for it as well. Maybe we can get over the low FPS simply with brute force lol. 😁

That would be awesome!

JRW

When I first saw this game being streamed live I thought there was something wrong with the stream itself but no.. this game actually runs around 10-13fps lol, how embarrassing.

MrA

Banned

When Deadly Premonition 2 comes out next year for the new consoles I'm hoping they will release the original for it as well. Maybe we can get over the low FPS simply with brute force lol. 😁
This is deadly premonition, they find away to keep that frame down even on the latest i7 or ryzen with the beSt video cards possible

Humdinger

Yeah, same here. I checked prices on amazon yesterday, and it was $485. I would need a Pro controller, too, and that's another $85. With tax, you're looking at $600. You can get a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X for less than that. I'm going to wait for the price to come down. I could afford it, but I don't feel like paying that much. I feel like I'm being gouged.

I'm assuming they have a one-year exclusivity deal, so if the Switch price continues to stay high, I'll probably just wait and pick up DP2 on the PS4 next year.

CatLady

Yeah, same here. I checked prices on amazon yesterday, and it was $485. I would need a Pro controller, too, and that's another $85. With tax, you're looking at $600. You can get a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X for less than that. I'm going to wait for the price to come down. I could afford it, but I don't feel like paying that much. I feel like I'm being gouged.

I'm assuming they have a one-year exclusivity deal, so if the Switch price continues to stay high, I'll probably just wait and pick up DP2 on the PS4 next year.

Yeah I'm just going to wait for it on the Xbox too. Sadly there aren't really many Nintendo games I'm interested in, but this would be one, plus BotW2.

I love the Switch. It is just so damn cool. I think I was looking any excuse to get one but NOT at $600. I can probably get an XsX for that price or maybe even less. I've got a ton of games backlogged due to Game pass anyway, Plus Halo infinite, CP2077 and Valhalla are all coming soon, so yeah I think I'll wait and forget my dreams of becoming a Nintendrone again. :messenger_crying:

Kindjal

That happened a lot with disc drive consoles years ago. Reading noise spoiled every single AI encounter, it was crazy on loud consoles like Dreamcast.

I remember anticipating random enemy encounters on Skies of Arcadia on my Dreamcast because of the disc drive noise. I always made sure to be in good fighting condition that way.

Humdinger

Yeah I'm just going to wait for it on the Xbox too. Sadly there aren't really many Nintendo games I'm interested in, but this would be one, plus BotW2.

I love the Switch. It is just so damn cool. I think I was looking any excuse to get one but NOT at $600. I can probably get an XsX for that price or maybe even less. I've got a ton of games backlogged due to Game pass anyway, Plus Halo infinite, CP2077 and Valhalla are all coming soon, so yeah I think I'll wait and forget my dreams of becoming a Nintendrone again. :messenger_crying:

I've been on a fun/lighthearted gameplay kick lately. Played SpongeBob Squarepants and now I'm replaying Ratchet and Clank. Nintendo seems to specialize in the lighthearted, fun gameplay I'm interested in, so I've been leaning toward a purchase. I'm sure I'd like Zelda, and there are a few other Switch games I'd like, too -- Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8, Xenoblade Chronicles, maybe Luigi's Mansion, now Deadly Premonition, and then there would be BotW 2 soon as well.

I'm probably more likely to buy a Switch than a next-gen console at this point. I'm going to wait until I'm out of games to play on PS4 first, though. Especially with Switch prices so high. No rush.

CatLady

I've been on a fun/lighthearted gameplay kick lately. Played SpongeBob Squarepants and now I'm replaying Ratchet and Clank. Nintendo seems to specialize in the lighthearted, fun gameplay I'm interested in, so I've been leaning toward a purchase. I'm sure I'd like Zelda, and there are a few other Switch games I'd like, too -- Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8, Xenoblade Chronicles, maybe Luigi's Mansion, now Deadly Premonition, and then there would be BotW 2 soon as well.

I'm probably more likely to buy a Switch than a next-gen console at this point. I'm going to wait until I'm out of games to play on PS4 first, though. Especially with Switch prices so high. No rush.

Based on what you enjoy Switch sounds perfect. They'll be back in stock at a reasonable price if this pandemic ever ends hopefully by the time the PS5 launches so it's easier to decide which one or both.

Tiamat2san

I kinda liked the first game (except the music...) but the frame rate on this one is not justifiable at all.
Don’t say it’s on purpose.
What’s the point of ruining the gameplay of your game?
The graphics are shitty , ok, that’s the trip but the gameplay.
I’ll wait for another console version.

mcjmetroid

I think it's absolutely appalling a game like this could get a 7/10 from sites like Nintendolife. You cannot trust them at the best of times but this is taking the piss.

Have you seen the game like? It deserved a 2 for a frame rate that bad at least for the Switch port.

No excuses and shameful reviewing.

Kreen101

Swery has caved in to the LGBT lobby and said he would rewrite the game in an upcoming patch to change the way a transexual character is dealt with. Beware of installing any future patch if you want to play the un-self-censored game!

Top Bottom