• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition PC port locked to 720p, no gfx options (nm, Durante fixed it)

untitled-1c4ay6.png

I can confirm that this one will not "just work".

Also, there should be some manner of controller support, just not for the 360 controller.

Yep, looks like Deadly Premonition.

Durante

untitled-27aeac.png

Better? Somewhat better.

If we're lucky, that's the top left 1280x720 of a 1920x1080 render.

Still looks pretty insane/broken, hope it's just the game, no idea what it's supposed to look like.

Still looks pretty insane/broken, hope it's just the game, no idea what it's supposed to look like.

That's Deadly Premonition, all right. Nice progress, though!

Still, having to bust out XPadder or JoyToKey for a newly released port makes me get an angry twitch in my eye. No DirectInput usage on a Windows port, Jesus Christ on a goddamn stick.

Guri

Thank you for your efforts, Durante!

My other question for this port remains: what's the chance of mods appearing? Even if they don't have mod support.

Gbraga

Thank you for your efforts, Durante!

My other question for this port remains: what's the chance of mods appearing? Even if they don't have mod support.

I hope we get tons of mods, specially x360 controller mods. I really don't want to play it on a keyboard, I want to use my DS3 :/

Marjar

Banned
I had a bad feeling about this.

Oh well, it's Deadly Premonition. Still having no graphical options is a goddamn joke.

Parsnip

Oh by the way, if you haven't played the game before and don't want spoilers, steer away from the soundtrack. Some of the track titles combined with the music might give away some stuff about the plot.

Their programmers need put down the crack pipe. This game released on Xbox 360, for which the standard input API is XInput. For proper 360 controller support, they had to do minimal porting work.

By the way, what did the new patch from them fix?

This is the same team that released the PS3 'Director's Cut' with a vastly inferior frame rate and non-customisable driving controls as accelerate / brake on R1 & L1, with handbrake on R2.

yeah don't really feel comfortable in putting money down for swery's shit on day one anymore, horrible ps3 port, a horrible pc port and they've shown no inclination of fixing things.

Durante

dp_2013_10_29_19_47_4fzbvw.jpg

Main menu and movies are borked, DoF and shadows are still low (unchanged) resolution, but still: 1 hour and 19 minutes after the steam download finished, we have a 2560x1440 render.

Syf

Banned
Durante you're the best man. This is now the second horribly lazy port by Swery. Will be avoiding their games in the future.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Main menu and movies are borked, DoF and shadows are still low (unchanged) resolution, but still: 1 hour and 19 minutes after the steam download finished, we have a 2560x1440 render.

Amazing. Fantastic. Time to have your tag changed to "Swery to ME!"

Durante

How do you do that?
  1. Check which dll's the game uses, find one suitable for injection.
  2. Replace that dll, inject my code, log all the relevant DirectX calls
  3. Run the game a bit
  4. Browse the log file (with search, it's several 100 MB), try to figure out the relevant calls
  5. Replace those you think affect rendering resolution

At this point you get the totally broken result shown first in this thread. Now you start a loop.
  1. By a combination of log reading, intuition and wild guessing, try to figure out what's wrong.
  2. Adjust the things that need adjusting to fix what presumably went wrong.
  3. Run the game and check if it helped.
  4. If it's still broken, start again at 1.

I'll probably have to continue the loop above for a few hours now.

Top Bottom