• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition PC port locked to 720p, no gfx options (nm, Durante fixed it)

AkuMifune

Banned
Thank you so much. And I didn't know you lived in Innsbruck. I am from Salzburg but went to the University in Innsbruck. For DSfix I owe you a free beer (beverage of your choice). Make that two now. Next time I am in Innsbruck I am gladly paying.

Man, the Augustiner Brewery is one of my favorite places on Earth.

MaxiLive

Amazing job :D

Working fine for me so far but don't set your refresh rate to 120hz if you have a 120hz monitor! = super speedy gameplay

Now we just need someone to mod in 360 controller support ^.^

Gbraga

Amazing job :D

Working fine for me so far but don't set your refresh rate to 120hz if you have a 120hz monitor! = super speedy gameplay

Now we just need someone to mod in 360 controller support ^.^

So the animation is framelocked like Naruto? If so that's really interesting, cause the consoles versions were not 60 at all, so they actually had to work quite a bit on the port, and it makes it even weirder why there's no resolution and controller support.

Nillansan

Yo Durante

DavidPR said:
Wow! I am floored by Durante's skills! I just shot him a message. Hopefully I am able to put him in direct communication with RSG so we can have an official patch or get something worked out. :)

Hope Durante is rewarded for his efforts in fixing this mess.

I am pleased to see that Durante's hard work is getting recognition from the publisher.

MaxiLive

So the animation is framelocked like Naruto? If so that's really interesting, cause the consoles versions were not 60 at all, so they actually had to work quite a bit on the port, and it makes it even weirder why there's no resolution and controller support.

Setting it to 60hz in the config didn't help either :p Going to try with my monitor set to 60 now. This also happened due to crazy animations going on?

MbYTNDE.jpg

Super York away! *Tie cape wafts in the wind*

EDIT: With my monitor set to 60hz it works fine it looks like the config might not be enforcing refresh rates. Or it is just my system being crazy :D

Gbraga

Man I really can't wait to play this, I've been excited for this game since its Rainy Woods days, please add controller support soon, publisher/devs

Durante will you be my tutor for computer science?

Seriously though, I didn't know much about the PC port but this has made me want to purchase it immediately. Thank you for your hard work!

Durante

Someone posted this on my blog, might be relevant for those reporting low FPS:
I’d post all this on GAF, but I don’t have an account there. If you wouldn’t mind letting people know, the “FPS” issue people have been getting is a strange case where you need to actually restart your entire PC and then everything is super smooth. It’s been discussed on the Steam forums and appears to have a 100% success rate. No one knows why.
Also, it appears that some things later in the game (e.g. a map) are broken.

Durante will you be my tutor for computer science?
If you study in Innsbruck, you can actually go to my lectures :p

Miguel81

Anybody tried the Dualshock 4 with this game? Does it allow custom mapping. Since it doesn't have Xinput I'd figure 360 pads are fucked, yes?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Someone posted this on my blog, might be relevant for those reporting low FPS:

This happened in the Jet Set Radio port as well - people would have low FPS until they restarted and then BAM, fluid framerate. Seems to have something to do with the way it handles watching system uptime to handle some systems. When the clock gets too high, the game will start bugging out until the system time is reset. Don't think there's a way to fix it beyond restarting, unfortunately.

Zafir

Wait, it doesn't have 360 controller support?

Improved controlling my arse, lol.

Good job Durante though. Will give the game a try with it. That said I do want to be able to play it with a controller... I dunno what possessed them to remove a feature...

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Wait, it doesn't have 360 controller support?

Improved controlling my arse, lol.

Good job Durante though. Will give the game a try with it. That said I do want to be able to play it with a controller... I dunno what possessed them to remove a feature...

They didn't it is just broken apparently since the b button functions at the start screen.

Nishastra

Banned
I've noticed two problems with DPfix so far.

The minimap when out in the world is not where it should be and the zombie "teleportation" effect is similarly not where it should be.

They're up and to the left, like they're rendering at the original resolution.

I've noticed two problems with DPfix so far.

The minimap when out in the world is not where it should be and the zombie "teleportation" effect is similarly not where it should be.

They're up and to the left, like they're rendering at the original resolution.

Just about to post the same problems.

Didn't get screenshot of the zombie spawn issue though.

I also want to thank Durante for his efforts, and I hope he can iron out some of the little problems (e.g., zombies shifted to the upper left).

Apart from that, playing DP with keyboard and mouse really feels quite good. The aiming feels completely different from the console versions - strangely enough a little bit like a light gun shooter. It's almost a bit too easy now though. Too bad they took out the higher difficulty settings.

Marjar

Banned
Holy shit, it works perfectly with that fix. Durante is a saint.

It's weird that they managed to make it run at 60 fps, yet neglected graphics options.

So, port issues aside... what's the deal with this game? I never played it, but what I heard is confusing. It's apparently completely broken... but awesome if you can look past that? I'm not sure I understand. :)

In any case, good work Durante!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Wait, there is no game pad support at all?

Seriously... what???

Well, I just wasted $22...

Thanks Steam page for saying "partial controller support" under features.

Top Bottom