• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition PS3 launch trailer leaked

Persona7

Banned
According to EU PSN the release date is today?

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/games/detail/item597251/Deadly-Premonition™-The-Directors-Cut/

Youtube version

It was supposed to be released on April 26th, 2013 in that region. Says that at the end of the trailer, I am assuming the PSN info is a error.

NA release date is still set for April 30th, 2013.

The trophy list just came out as well, but it contains major spoilers. So don't view them if you are new to the game.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1931-Deadly-Premonition-The-Directors-Cut

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Worth noting that the PS Blogcast had a tidbit about some game releasing next week but they said to check the PS Blog later

"There's another PS3 game coming that I can't confirm this time but there will be an additional title. The release date may or may have not been announced by the time you're listening. Keep your eye on the blog"

What makes this game so appealing? The trailer gave it that B rated horror movie vibe, which is fine but what about gameplay?

crying-cat.gif

In all seriousness I'm kind of disappointed in this so far. To me the gameplay improvements were talked about as if they were much more substantive than what has been shown so far. Suppose I could have just read into it though.

Will probably still buy this, didn't do many of the sidequests in the 360 version which from what I've heard actually make the game a lot more enjoyable to play.

What makes this game so appealing? The trailer gave it that B rated horror movie vibe, which is fine but what about gameplay?
The appeal is the story and colorful cast. Perhaps even the kind of janky nature of the overall B-level production. There are some slow RE4-like TPS sections which have better mechanics in this version though the overall composition of these sections is weak. I didn't think it was as bad as others did; its not broken or anything. Think of the shooting as being made by a two person indie team way over their heads.

I can't emphasize how enjoyable the quirky cast is. It's such a strangely charming game.

So is this game fully open world? Like GTA/SKYRIM?

Can you drive around?
Yep. It's not the scale of Skyrim or anything and there are times when you can't roam freely (important story traveling) but generally you are given a time frame you can do the main quest in and if you miss it you just do it the next day.

I didn't really stop to smell the coffee so someone can correct me if I'm wrong,

You should concentrate on the former and not on the latter like the rest of us.

So is this game fully open world? Like GTA/SKYRIM?

Can you drive around?

Yep. You can drive around anywhere you like. Just note that some missions are clock-based, meaning if you miss the appointment, gotta wait until the next day.

it's quite possible that with the revamped controls that the gameplay will be marginally passable compared to the castrophically terrible level it was at in the original games

maybe we don't even need to grind for infinite weapons this time

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Worth noting that the PS Blogcast had a tidbit about some game releasing next week but they said to check the PS Blog later

"There's another PS3 game coming that I can't confirm this time but there will be an additional title. The release date may or may have not been announced by the time you're listening. Keep your eye on the blog"

Wasn't that God Hand Mode? They didnt mention it on the cast at all but the blog post with the release date for next Tuesday went up today.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So as an ignorant ps3 fan, how is this game

I got somewhat far in it but thought the gameplay was legit horrid. But some people insist you can get infinite flamethrower super weapons to make the combat less awful. I never did that but should have. I have this preordered cause I want to finish it.

daveo42

Banned
Well, this looks trippy enough for me. I think there is a serious lack of truly 'batshit insane games' games that just fuck with the player.

"Zack, do you remember what the coffee said?" No clue wtf that is all about and it makes me kind of giddy thinking about how absurd it sounds.

I'm in.

TriGen

Having the trailer start by York mentioning that his coffee speaks to him is the right way for a Deadly Premonition trailer to begin.

Izick

I have a 360 and a PS3, so are the changes worth waiting for and paying twice as much? I can get it for the 360 for 20$ while the DC looks to be 40$. Advice?

Robot Pants

I have a 360 and a PS3, so are the changes worth waiting for and paying twice as much? I can get it for the 360 for 20$ while the DC looks to be 40$. Advice?

Yes I'd say it's worth the extra 20.
If the controls are that much better it's worth it for that alone, because the original is downright awful.
AWFUL.

Plus updated graphics, extra stuff, I'd say get it on PS3.

Izick

Yes I'd say it's worth the extra 20.
If the controls are that much better it's worth it for that alone, because the original is downright awful.
AWFUL.

Plus updated graphics, extra stuff, I'd say get it on PS3.

I'm so confused about this game...but I guess I'll wait. I think I get the appeal a bit more after watching through all of Twin Peaks this past Winter (amazing show), but I still am not sure what the fuck this game is, and I'm not sure if I want to know until I play it....

Expected Delivery Date: 29th April 2013 - 2nd May 2013

Game looks weird, I'm gonna cheese my way through the combat if it's really that bad. If someone could put together like a few tips and tricks for new comers that'd be cool. Gonna look into this flame thrower.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
a5910cbb62cc0a79c77400bccfee9f99.jpg

Got a press release in the email. The game has gone gold today.

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut Goes Gold

The Open-World Horror-Mystery Masterpiece from Hidetaka "Swery" Suehiro
set to Release April 30 Across North America*

LOS ANGELES, CA - April 19, 2013 - Rising Star Games Inc, a leading
publisher of interactive entertainment is pleased to announced that "Deadly
Premonition: The Director's Cut," has gone gold, and will be available
April 30, 2013 across North America, exclusively on the PlayStation®3
computer entertainment system and PlayStation®Network.

"Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut", the award-winning game from the
creative mind of Hidetaka "Swery" Suehiro, gives players an open-world
experience featuring detailed interactions with Greenvale locals, as well
as numerous side quests and mini games to help solve the murders and
uncover hidden town secrets.

Playing as special agent Francis York Morgan (just call him York - everyone
else does), players must investigate the brutal murder of a young local
beauty. Amidst the backdrop of soaring mountains and a small American town,
York must solve the mystery of the Red Seed Murders and stay alive in a
place where supernatural creatures and a killer seek to end his
investigation.

New Features for Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut:
- *New Scenario* - Surprising new scenario from the game's director,
Hidetaka "Swery" Suehiro that will please new and hardcore fans alike
- *HD graphics* - complete graphic overhaul with new HD textures
- *Improved Controls* - reworked control system and mappable controls
allow for an even better combat experience
- *Downloadable content* - Expand the mystery beyond the original game
and let Agent York (and Zach) live it up in Greenvale - *PROFILING START*

I hope that screenshot isn't an example of the new textures :D

The dlc worries me as well in its vagueness. And given the game costs 20 more dollars than the orignal version already it seems a bit much to charge for dlc but we shall see.

Game looks weird, I'm gonna cheese my way through the combat if it's really that bad. If someone could put together like a few tips and tricks for new comers that'd be cool. Gonna look into this flame thrower.
I never needed any of that. On 360 you had auto aim. I usually auto-aimed then slide my aim up for head shots or just auto-aim and shoot if they are coming at you walking backwards bent over (you'll get some easy head shots this way too).

Generally stayed away from melee weapons because they left you open and screwed you over of you missed. They are very strong though and I think there are some particularly powerful ones to be collected.

I played on normal and the enemies could be a bit bullet-spongey but this version has one difficulty and its easier than the 360 normal so I don't think anyone needs to worry and go out of their way to collect super weapons.

Do a sidequest for George during chapter 2 to get the radio item, it will allow you to fast travel and save a lot of time. Get the infinite wrench and machine gun as early as you can too, they'll last you until midgame.

After that, all you need is the infinite magnum for bosses, infinite flamethrower for the wall enemys and grecotch guitar for normal enemys (don't give it back to the shop guy, you'll miss out on the gold discount but you don't really need that). You can get all these before chapter 13, I believe.

Also, black coffee is the best e item for tiredness (thats easily available).

By the way - you don't actually need any of this, the game isn't hard and can easily be beaten with the default handgun, those weapons will just make the combat sections go by quicker

Perfect thank you! I like exploring so if that is rewarded I'll skip the fast traveling. I'll go into it open but if it annoys me I'll take heed.

Izick

Why would they even release this on the 360 in the first place? I'm so confused by every facet of this game and I love it.

I'm so confused about this game...but I guess I'll wait. I think I get the appeal a bit more after watching through all of Twin Peaks this past Winter (amazing show), but I still am not sure what the fuck this game is, and I'm not sure if I want to know until I play it....

it starts off as twin peaks the game but the last act gets 100x weirder

Top Bottom