• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool Boxart revealed. Disappointed

Salsa

ibcKKhdBu2paFm.jpg

I always knew in the back of my head that they were gonna use a "fake review phrase" gag, but I was expecting a parody of something like this:

no balls activision!

Salsa

I just think it's a tremendous wasted opportunity for meta-humor. Everyone knows and complains about those "BEST GAME EVER EDITION" type things so I think they could have used the chance to poke fun at something like that

it's what deadpool would do

Calvarok

Banned
Expecting the arkham thing is expecting too much, but everything about this is perfect. The dumb power pose at the bottom... so good.

EDIT: Holy crap, there are no visible guns! That's basically not allowed in boxarts!

That boxart is kinda... eh, yeah.

Never thought about doing some full-on parody like the Arkham City GOTY edition boxart, now THAT would have been great.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Kinda surprised marketing didn't push to make Wolverine more prominent.

Ryce

I just think it's a tremendous wasted opportunity for meta-humor. Everyone knows and complains about those "BEST GAME EVER EDITION" type things so I think they could have used the chance to poke fun at something like that

I'm pretty sure putting 10/10 on the box or something would be skirting on illegality. False advertising and all of that.

Courage

It also perfectly conveys what Deadpool's schtick is without making him seem annoying, as he is most of the times.

Salsa

I'm pretty sure putting 10/10 on the box or something would be skirting on illegality. False advertising and all of that.

sure, they could have been a bit more ambiguous about it, not necessarely "10/10 - fake games site"

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

it's scary to think that maybe this boxart is a level of subverted humor that Deadpool is playing at. Having clean and neat box art that looks actually decent and not the usual action game boxart.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
They could have had giant 10/10's labeled - me, another labeled - also me, etc.

Would have been pretty funny.

Salsa

So is this game going to be good?

dunno

Transformer devs are cool, but although I like Deadpool's humor in the (old) comics something about the game looks like its trying waaaaaaaaaaaay too hard and that it's gonna come across in a big bad way

we'll see

Grayman

dunno

Transformer devs are cool, but although I like Deadpool's humor in the (old) comics something about the game looks like its trying waaaaaaaaaaaay too hard and that it's gonna come across in a big bad way

we'll see
I do like the older comics, not Way's as much, I usually stay away from licensed action games though as it seems like a genre that is very easy to turn out bad.

Calvarok

Banned
Actually kind of cool, Deadpool showing some emotion beyond "brooding and angry". That's nice

What? Deadpool is rarely ever brooding and angry in his modern times. If all you've seen is Origins Wolverine I can see how you'd think that, though.

By the way, yes, this game is trying too hard. That's what Deadpool is. That's perfect.

Top Bottom