• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Deal) Forza Horizon 3/Dead Rising 4 $30 @ Best Buy ($24 GCU)

outsida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUUUz3DG8BE&feature=youtu.be
1440 ultra, it takes me a lot longer than 10 mins to upload ;P

How do we know that you aren't a Dev who fixed his build of the game with the goal of deceiving everyone into buying this unplayable windows store version of the game? I need a video recording of a monkey sitting on your desk eating a banana whilst a seal is juggling 4 copies of Unreal Tournament at your side as you play the game at 8K resolution. You have 5 minutes or this is smoke and mirrors.

BHK3

Banned
How do we know that you aren't a Dev who fixed his build of the game with the goal of deceiving everyone into buying this unplayable windows store version of the game? I need a video recording of a monkey sitting on your desk eating a banana whilst a seal is juggling 4 copies of Unreal Tournament at your side as you play the game at 8K resolution. You have 5 minutes or this is smoke and mirrors.

You didn't see the stutters in that video or that he mentioned that the games sweet spot for him is 55fps?

outsida

You didn't see the stutters in that video or that he mentioned that the games sweet spot for him is 55fps?

Reread all of my posts. I never said the game was 100% stutter free or 100% smooth. I said I don't have massive stuttering or gigantic frame drops. I also said I'm perfectly fine with the way the game plays on my system. I chose my words very carefully. If anyone can look at that video and say the game is unplayable I just can't understand that. I've been PC gaming for damn near 2 decades and I've owned and played games that were unplayable with terrible performance. What I get in Forza Horzion 3 on PC is no where near shit or unplayable. I know some other people are having worse problems then the video the other gentleman posted and I feel for them they have every right to be upset but the game is generally smooth and very playable on my system.

its not gonna win any awards or anything but id say its a fair bit better than the 4k vid. i wish they would magically fix it and make it a vr title but i cant ever see that happening.

id rather play at a properly vsynced 30 than whats in your video, but the input lag makes that a non option

mrobbo

Neo Member
To buy digital copy you need to create a Best Buy account. I'm in Aus and it won't let me sign up so looks like a no-go. :(

Neo_Geo

Banned
Damn...so all my day one purchases will be in the first half of the year I see. Anything September or later I'll just wait until the dealzzzzzzzz

Yep. Case in point that games are priced too fucking high. $30 MSRP for new digital games should be the norm going forward.

Damn it. Redeemed the FH3 digital code on the wrong account (stupidly did it while logged into my secondary account via my chrome browser window).
What's my recourse gaffers? The code is supplied by Best Buy and not MS. fml

roytheone

I haven't tried and I don't know if this website actually blocks you, but I'd bet it checks your IP if it does so a proxy should be enough. That's probably against the TOS though

Using a proxy made it possible to create an account, but unfortunately it blocks my paypal since it is registered in the Netherlands :(

If someone here has GCU, I could technically paypay them $ 30, they buy the game, send me the code and keep the $6 difference, right?

Using a proxy made it possible to create an account, but unfortunately it blocks my paypal since it is registered in the Netherlands :(

If someone here has GCU, I could technically paypay them $ 30, they buy the game, send me the code and keep the $6 difference, right?
GCU does not work on digital items unfortunately. You'd have to PayPal 29.99 plus state tax (if any).

how does the PC version hold up?

With the blizzard mountain patch two-three weeks ago or so, I've had every problem taken care of. Though the main one was random crashes after leaving a multiplayer game but that has ceased. Then again I'm on a reformatted windows 10 so not sure if that helped.

SaiyanRaoh

Is the fact that I'm using Nvidia drivers from July the reason I get random crashes back to the desktop? It happens 10-20 min into a okay session. Without fail.

If so, then I guess I'll play on the One. Nvidia drivers were shit most of the year and that one is the only stable one I've encountered.

Bubba77

Some people have problems others don't. I have the play anywhere version and I've been playing almost exclusively on PC. I haven't had significant problems outside of the first few weeks before the patches. Others still have serious stuttering and low FPS problems.

Same here. I playeda few hours on my xbox one and 30 plus hours on PC. For me the best experience is on PC. I havent had issues. The stuttering went away for me at first patch. This has been the case on my main PC with sli 1080s and my new laptop with a gtx1060. Its been just fine.

No matter what platform you play on, technical issues aside. FH3 is an incredible experience. Maybe game of gen for me.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I just checked the eu microsoft store.
69,99 euro's that's 73.67 US Dollar. (for the standard edition)

Go fuck yourself microsoft srsly.

So how can a european get into this deal ?
I would love the digital since i own a pc and a xbox one.

Top Bottom