• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deals with Gold: Titanfall - $25, Titanfall Season Pass - $8.25 (Xbox One)

Oct 28 - Nov 3. Xbox Live Gold required.

Titanfall

Titanfall Season Pass

Pretty good deal. With the big update they just put out it seems like a good time to jump in. Season pass is pretty cheap too, the maps have been quite good in my opinion for those interested in that.

Ape

Banned
Holy shit, perfectly timed. Its almost like Respawn read my mind! They knew I was thinking about buying the game digitally!

Thanks Respawn! Looks like ill pick these up tomorrow. ♡♡

Pudge

That seems like the right price. I already have the game on PC, but I imagine the XBONE servers are more populated then the Origin ones, so I'll double dip.

Chris1

I bought the Titanfall bundle that came with a download code so I assume my code was UK region, can I buy the season pass from the US marketplace or do I have to buy it from the UK?

Hatchtag

Banned
Pretty tempted to get that season pass at that price. But I might not bite, Titanfall hasn't really sucked me back in yet.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'd been thinking about jumping in, I really wish the game had been $20 instead of $25. That $5 is a big difference for me right now, I guess.

Izuna

Banned
THE DLC MAPS ARE IN THE STANDARD PLAYLISTS. DLC PLAYLISTS ARE ONLY EVER USEFUL FOR COLLECTING ACHIEVEMENTS.

Pudge

THE DLC MAPS ARE IN THE STANDARD PLAYLISTS. DLC PLAYLISTS ARE ONLY EVER USEFUL FOR COLLECTING ACHIEVEMENTS.

I hope everyone buys the DLC then, because if that's the case then one cheapskate will prevent everyone from using the content they paid for.

Are there still enough people playing to justify paying $33.25? I really don't want to spend the money if this game's already near the end of its lifespan

Kolgar

Triple dipping!

PC, then 360... Now my most-played game of the year shall be played on my new 'bone!

Thanks for the heads-up.

Izuna

Banned
I hope everyone buys the DLC then, because if that's the case then one cheapskate will prevent everyone from using the content they paid for.

Afaik it will throw them out into new groups.

When I play Attrition or HP, I get DLC maps far more often than I personally would like. It seems completely random though, and with 9 DLC maps it makes sense.

Zenner

$8.25 for all the DLC maps? I'm in, then.

I love the gameplay & atmosphere of Titanfall, even though I'm quite atrocious at it. :)

Rayme

SHILL MODE OMEGA: ACTIVATE

You can also use all DLC maps (and all the original maps) in the coop mode that we added last week. They'll show up randomly in quick match, or you can specifically choose them via coop's Custom Match option.

(If you do a Public custom match, it'll find players to play with you.)

They're cool maps, too.

SHILL MODE OMEGA: Hibernate.

Izuna

Banned
Are there still enough people playing to justify paying $33.25? I really don't want to spend the money if this game's already near the end of its lifespan

Here is how it has worked for me since Update 8.

Frontier Defense (Horde?) -- you will always get a full group, or at least start off with one at any time.

Attrition/Hardpoint --

EU is active around 10AM GMT to about 11PM GMT during the week. Afterwhich I personally rarely get 6v6, but that may be my rank.

East US is active throughout. I play on this when I am at ungodly hours such as now.

CTF/Pilot Hunter --

EU is only really good during peak times, and US, you can find groups always, but you will probably be fighting the same bunch of dudes. Pilot Hunter sucks however.

Variety Pack --

I don't know if DLC maps are in this one, probably yes or probably no, but it has always been less active since release here. Bring a full team and you will be okay however.

SHILL MODE OMEGA: ACTIVATE

You can also use all DLC maps (and all the original maps) in the coop mode that we added last week. They'll show up randomly in quick match, or you can specifically choose them via coop's Custom Match option.

(If you do a Public custom match, it'll find players to play with you.)

They're cool maps, too.

SHILL MODE OMEGA: Hibernate.

Any word on when Titan MFD will come? Where the Mark gets a Titan as soon as they are marked or spawn with it? And no one else?

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Gonna have to jump on this. Got the xbone sunset bundle earlier today so I'm gonna need a second game. Great deal

Man I bought Titanfall for 60 bucks on launch day, what a rip off that was.

I mean no single player because they want to focus on multiplayer, OK fine. But then the multiplayer has less weapons, maps, modes, and features than even annual Call of Duties! No local multiplayer to boot.

I mean the game was well made but man it should have been 40 bucks.

Izuna

Banned
Which one sucks?

Because you may be a lurker from Respawn, I don't feel at libety to say. =P

sounds like an okay deal, but Halo is right around the corner.

What better way to traverse around the corner than momentum increasing parkour?

Man I bought Titanfall for 60 bucks on launch day, what a rip off that was.

I mean no single player because they want to focus on multiplayer, OK fine. But then the multiplayer has less weapons, maps, modes, and features than even annual Call of Duties! No local multiplayer to boot.

I mean the game was well made but man it should have been 40 bucks.

I never shipped with a deficit of maps, it released with 15. They have rebalanced the weapons so now it isn't wise to stick with one (coughcarbinecough), and modes were slimlined for the ones that were best with Titanfall. The problem was that there are so many things to do in standard TDM that having a slightly different variation wouldn't have changed much over having a new strategy. Attrition/Pilot Hunter proves this, where the only difference is that people never bothered protecting their Titans.

No local is a shame, but Private Matches made it in. There are a decent amount of customisable things now and generation challenges have all but been normalised so they aren't with a strange difficulty curve anymore.

That being said, I love Titanfall, but I couldn't get into CoD. They are very different games in terms of style. If it was variety that is most important, why not play a bit of Titanfall alongside the two other huge shooters coming out this year?

JayEH

Might pick up season pass. Hopefully this will get some more people in the game. There really is almost no one playing this game.

//ARCANUM

I need to get gold. Can anyone point me to a reputable site where I can get a discounted gold code with email delivery?

Also - can you get this discount with a 3 month or 1 month (does that exist?) gold membership?

Top Bottom