• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear Leader Trump has finally noticed Puerto Rico. As you would expect, he...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
You've got to be God damned kidding me.

Is it all a charade? Is Trump a "shock publicity" mastermind?
I don’t think he has any master plan at all. He is just really lacking in empathy, and he can only see the world in terms of ratings of financial value. Combine that with his rampant discrimination and his power as the President and you got a! individual out of ouch with humanity.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
He has some low ass standards of "doing well".

What would it take for Puerto Rico to be considered "doing poorly"... sink into the ocean entirely?

This is Trump’s Katrina and he will get not even half of the backlash Bush did for that. Because, sadly, mainland USA doesn’t care about Puerto Rico.

Yep. It's entirely fucked.

Numerous tragedies have already occurred during Trump's presidency, and he's handled them all in a shockingly inhumane manner.

This maniacal piece of shit needs to be dragged out for his comments.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
YO as a Puerto Rican, this shit is making me livid. I just don't understand anymore whats going on in this fucking place, and its getting harder and harder to just hold in all this damn anger.

Like, how are you going to bash someone's homeland in its time of need? How the hell did we get here? I know this shit stop being funny a long time ago, but this stuff is just, I don't know man. Already stressed out with some of my family still there, and then this dude wants to call out a states economic status WHEN IT JUST GOT HIT WITH A FUCKING HURRICANE.
I'm with you. They don't truly recognize PR or any of the other US territories and as Trump clearly outlined with his shit tweets, they only care when it's about $.

royalan

At this point...who's still waiting for Trump to NOT be a giant dick?

I am completely unsurprised by this statement, because Trump is, to his core, a terrible human being and a reflection of the people who voted for him. And he proves it every day.

remz

Heard this on the radio and I couldn't fucking believe it. are those wall street loans really more important to him than puerto rico being fucking destroyed?

he's so fucking petty

My friend's FB status right now:

Donald Trump on Twitter like, "I'm so sorry for the loss of your family. I know you're broke and hungry, but you really shouldn't have taken out all those loans with Sallie Mae. Don't know what to tell you."

I'm so glad I didn't vote in the last election. I'd practically be hanging myself right now out of guilt for supporting either one of those baboons who ran for office.

He's from PR!!!

I was like, dude, WHAT???

Not

Banned
"Both sides are just as bad" really worked last election on a lot of people who aren't educated on politics.

It's what they wanted to believe, so they wouldn't have to support a woman, especially one who believed in gender equality.

I firmly believe this. Mix that in with the whitelash over Obama, and Trump was a shoe-in. We were so dumb.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Worst part is that it took him so long to say anything. Had to dedicate a few days to being racist against athletes

Dumb fuck probably just found out about Puerto Rico's debt crisis right before he tweeted that. Like he wanted wanted to show off a new fact he just learned.

The presidency is at parody levels of being terrible and still over 30 percent support him. Is this bizarro world?

The only thing he's got going for him now is being an asshole, and sadly, that's a large reason as to why a lot of people voted for him.

Mahonay

Banned
It's what they wanted to believe, so they wouldn't have to support a woman, especially one who believed in gender equality.

I firmly believe this. Mix that in with the whitelash over Obama, and Trump was a shoe-in. We were so dumb.
Yep. Sexism played into it hard. And people that were upset that a black man was president for 8 years.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
At this point...who's still waiting for Trump to NOT be a giant dick?

I am completely unsurprised by this statement, because Trump is, to his core, a terrible human being and a reflection of the people who voted for him. And he proves it every day.

I'm not surprised by anything he does or says anymore. The only thing that does surprise me is that he hasn't said a racial slur yet. He will absolutely do it while president tho and nothing will happen like always.

Sounds like he's paying attention and helping the situation, even if he's being a bastard on Twitter: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/devastated-puerto-rico-needs-unprecedented-aid-says-governor/

JOHN YANG: Governor, are you getting all the aid you need or getting it fast enough from the states?

GOV. RICARDO ROSSELLO: First of all, we are very grateful for the administration. They have responded quickly.

The president has been very attentive to the situation, personally calling me several times. FEMA and the FEMA director have been here in Puerto Rico twice. As a matter of fact, they were here with us today, making sure that all the resources in FEMA were working in conjunction with the central government.

We have been working together. We have been getting results. The magnitude of this catastrophe is enormous. This is going to take a lot of help, a lot of collaboration. So, my call is to congressmen and congresswomen to take action quickly and conclusively with an aid package for Puerto Rico.

We are in the midst of potentially having a humanitarian crisis here in Puerto Rico which would translate to a humanitarian crisis in the United States. So, I call upon Congress to take action immediately. You know, Puerto Ricans are proud U.S. citizens.

Adaren

Sounds like he's paying attention and helping the situation, even if he's being a bastard on Twitter: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/devastated-puerto-rico-needs-unprecedented-aid-says-governor/

Twitter's where Trump lets out his real, unfiltered thoughts. His tweets give far more insight into his mind than a phone call that he was probably handed a script for. Not to mention Governor Rossello wants to paint him in the most positive light possible, since the last thing he wants to do right now is make enemies in Washington.

"Uh, Mr. President, these are American citizens you're talking about..."

"What? No, I've seen those people, definitely Mexicans"

This is incredible.
Trump is such a fascinating crazy person. Life would be better if he didn't exist. Or would this be a weord parallel case where someone else would have taken his spot no matter what?

*grinds my teeth in anger*

How dare that monster talk down to Puerto Rico like that in a time of need! Especially when it's a damn U.S. territory! It would honestly piss me off if he didn't even know that fact.

Speely

Banned
*grinds my teeth in anger*

How dare that monster talk down to Puerto Rico like that in a time of need! Especially when it's a damn U.S. territory! It would honestly piss me off if he didn't even know that fact.

I mean, he does now because it's a serious issue and his people are likely briefing him on it. Before? Not a fucking chance he knew about that.

A slur would boost his popularity at this point. IMO the only thing that could get people to turn against him is a hot mic take of him slagging off his supporters or calling them stupid or something.
trump_could_shoot_somebody_by_digi_matrix-daje1kw.gif

Top Bottom