• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear USA....

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Most europeans don't know Jack about American politics in fairness. All they do is share "racist funny orange man" tweets and Facebook posts and judge everything at face value and that's their entire basis. Plus European news sources are very left leaning and biased.
If it’s anything like the typical Australian’s understanding of US politics it amounts to “hurrr guns and god LOL”

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Dear Europe...

Please stop worrying about the US while almost your entire continent has collectively decided that fucking is too much work, and that instead you'll just import warm bodies to boost the standard of living for your last generation of Europeans.

Dear Future Europe...

لذا ، ما الذي يجب أن نتحدث عنه عندما تتولى اللاعبين؟​

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Dear Europe...

Please stop worrying about the US while almost your entire continent has collectively decided that fucking is too much work, and that instead you'll just import warm bodies to boost the standard of living for your last generation of Europeans.

Dear Future Europe...

لذا ، ما الذي يجب أن نتحدث عنه عندما تتولى اللاعبين؟​
When at first you don't succeed, try try again.

DV27

Jun 14, 2010
The irony here is this:

Trump has been a better president than I expected. The Democrats have been a worse opposition than I expected.

Disclaimer: I am from the UK, so my views are about as disposable as you can get given I have no everyday life experience of living anywhere near the US. But politically I lean more towards the Democrats than the Republicans, if my limited and albeit flawed sense of both the UK and US's political spectrum are when converged.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Dear America, Enjoy paying for healthcare :) the world has been laughing at America for even longer. kbye
Dear European Resident,

If we cut our aid 100% from the UN and European countries, as well as military protection, and you are forced to pay your well behind payments to the UN... good luck with your social programs as you have to increase your military budgets and payments; where the first place those cuts are made, are ... ;)

Last edited:

USMC43

Mar 6, 2017
Please vote Trump into office again, we Europeans want something to laugh about for the next 4 years again.

K thx bye,

PS: he's still a better president than your two previous ones but overall, a clown
Dear Europeans, you're all weak cowards. Enjoy complete Sharia Law in 10 years, lololololololol. It would be happening sooner if it wasn't for our tax DOLLARS protecting your soft asses. I'll be laughing from my heated swimming pool.

Last edited:

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
i dont mind paying more taxes, i really never understood the problem, the more you earn here, the more taxes you pay, unlike the states where they are taking from the poor and giving to the rich. enjoy the country.
Receipts needed!

Reactions: Oner

Texas Pride

Feb 27, 2018
Texas
Believe it or not the vast majority of Americans give zero fucks what the world thinks of us. Especially Europeans. We ought to leave you motherfuckers to the wolves and to fight it out amongst yourselves which is what the end result would be in Europe. You do you we'll do us thanks.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
What can I say, thanks to saving all the money on education and healthcare we actually can afford to visit other countries and laugh at their Leaders.
You are paying for health care and education. Your government just decided that you also would be paying for everyone elses through higher taxes. Your share will get bigger and bigger as costs rise.

Also lower/middle class Americans have it pretty damn good in terms of healthcare, wage, standard of living, home ownership etc. We just don't think you get to earn these things by simply existing.

appaws

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2008
Taylorsville, Ky!
i dont mind paying more taxes, i really never understood the problem, the more you earn here, the more taxes you pay, unlike the states where they are taking from the poor and giving to the rich. enjoy the country.
God I wish this were true. My wife and I are solidly upper middle class, a doc and lawyer, and you should see the amount of taxes we pay. It is a myth that Americans are so undertaxed. When you add in our state and local taxes, we get pretty damn close. The big difference we benefit from is the lack of a VAT, which is reflected in lower consumer prices. Food is also relatively cheap here becuase of heavily subsidized agribusiness and the bountiful soil of the central plains states.

And of course, we have much cheaper housing by and large, at least in the middle of the country. My cousin lives in Denmark. They have a beautiful little house....but it is like 800 square feet and you could get a 5000 sq foot mansion in America for less $.

Last edited:

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
The big difference we benefit from is the lack of a VAT, which is reflected in lower consumer prices. Food is also relatively cheap here becuase of heavily subsidized agribusiness and the bountiful soil of the central plains states.
Which, ironically per the European argument, means that Europeans are taxing their poor more for basic commodities.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
What a shock. Europeans know fucking nothing

Reactions: Oner

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
You don’t think taxes take from the poor and give to the rich?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: DKehoe

DKehoe

Jun 19, 2007
You would leave Hawaii for Alaska?
I don’t live in Hawaii? Not sure if you are mixing me up with someone else.

By “looking at places” I didn’t mean properties to buy. Just that I was looking at pictures of some of the beautiful wilderness there and thinking it would be nice to visit.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I don’t live in Hawaii? Not sure if you are mixing me up with someone else.

By “looking at places” I didn’t mean properties to buy. Just that I was looking at pictures of some of the beautiful wilderness there and thinking it would be nice to visit.
Are you from Hawaii originally? I could’ve sworn it was you.