• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear USA....

duhu1148

May 18, 2018
i dont mind paying more taxes, i really never understood the problem, the more you earn here, the more taxes you pay, unlike the states where they are taking from the poor and giving to the rich. enjoy the country.
Many taxes hurt the poor the most.

They are hurt the most by sales tax because it is a larger percentage of their income compared to everyone else.

They are hurt the most by gas taxes, since they tend to have older, lower mpg cars and longer commute times on average.

They gamble, drink, and smoke more, thus paying more sin taxes.

They are hurt the most by specific inner city income taxes, because they can't afford to leave whereas the rich can easily move.

They divorce at higher rates, which is very expensive. And since they aren't married at as high of a rate, they don't get the same tax breaks as higher income families.

They tend to enter the workforce earlier and leave it later, thus paying more into Social Security. They also die younger so they end up receiving less, despite paying more.

They have a harder time holding onto property because of property taxes.

If young and healthy (the poor tend to be younger) then they will rarely- if ever- use medicaid services...but they sure as hell still have to pay for it.

It is the biggest sham in politics. Taxes fuck the poor.

Whitesnake

Jan 31, 2018
ITT Europoors trying to talk shit while ignoring the fact their governments actively want to strip away their rights and want to sweep under the rug any issue that harm the “intersectional” agenda.

Enjoy your rape gangs and state-enforced face-scanning surveillance, cucks. Maybe when you’re imprisoned for 30 years for the crime of owning a boxcutter your state-mandated re-education will teach you that making fun of other cultures is the worst sin a person can commit.

You talk shit now, but when push comes to shove you’re gonna be begging for our help while sucking our dick and thanking us for it, as always.

betrayal

Feb 2, 2018
I would be interested to hear from people who live in the USA what has actually gotten worse in their own lives since Trump became president. I thought about it for a while, but in the end I couldn't find anything after filtering out all sorts of things that have to do with a victim mentality, which objectively could have been true way before Trump became president.

The question is quite serious, although I do realize that this is just a simple scientifically proven effect, where you project your dissatisfaction onto other people or other areas because you are not able or just too stupid to deal with the real problem (yourself).

Mar 28, 2017
Sheffield, UK
mixer.com
Reactions: hariseldon

Thabass

Jun 9, 2008
With the split in voting for the Dems, Trump won't need luck, he just needs time.

Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA
I would be interested to hear from people who live in the USA what has actually gotten worse in their own lives since Trump became president. I thought about it for a while, but in the end I couldn't find anything after filtering out all sorts of things that have to do with a victim mentality, which objectively could have been true way before Trump became president.

The question is quite serious, although I do realize that this is just a simple scientifically proven effect, where you project your dissatisfaction onto other people or other areas because you are not able or just too stupid to deal with the real problem (yourself).
Not quite what you were asking, but I've seen a $15,000 raise about half a year ago. I am also quitting my $65k job to start my own small business within a few months.

I'm scared as hell, but exhilarated at the same time.

SpartanN92

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2012
US
Not quite what you were asking, but I've seen a $15,000 raise about half a year ago. I am also quitting my $65k job to start my own small business within a few months.

I'm scared as hell, but exhilarated at the same time.
That’s awesome man! Good for you! I wish you the best of luck!

I had a similar situation happen in the past year and a half as well. In 2017 I made $35k in 2018 I made $50k and in 2019 I made $65k. I’m hoping I continue the +$15k per year momentum this year too 💪🏻 This income increase was due entirely to the Trump tax cuts.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

Things got much, much better for me as a business owner, as well as my employees tax wise, pay rate and job security.

Last edited:

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

I have a theory that he’s a figure of masculinity for people who grew up without one to project their insecurities onto. Essentially he’s a human personification of the patriarchy for people infected with the feminism mind virus to blame all of their problems on.

Hado

Aug 13, 2015
Damn so much salt In here.

Dear deers, please continue staying so damn tasty!

Texas Pride

Feb 27, 2018
Texas
Europeans are like the fat girl at the party. They want attention so bad they'll take getting pity fucked if it means they don't go home alone with a box of cookies.

Reactions: Ikutachi
Oct 2, 2017

Just wanted to add it was awesome seeing your leaders bend over and kiss the feet of Trump regarding Iran. You are Murica's spineless bitch and we are all laughing at you, lololololololol.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

Oh, you returned to your honeypot thread. Sorry we could not make it take off to 50+ pages like one usually hopes with these types of gaslighting.

Dear Hado Hado ,

Stay sweet, we will provide you with the savory and salt.

On some real shit though, I think we are all just having fun and ribbing each other, having a laugh.

Last edited:
Reactions: hariseldon

Swauny Jones

Oct 30, 2013
Trump is gonna pull the ultimate troll move once he's re-elected and do what Putin is trying to do and what Xi Jinping has done. Remove any restrictions that can remove him from office and go full dictator mode and stay top dog till his dying days. The shit show that will cause will be mindblowing and fun to watch at a semi-safe distance over here in Canada

Last edited:

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Trump is gonna pull the ultimate troll move once he's re-elected and do what Putin is trying to do and what Xi Jinping has done. Remove any restrictions that can remove him from office and go full dictator mode and stay top dog till his dying days. The shit show that will cause will be mindblowing and fun to watch at a semi-safe distance over here in Canada
The minute that happens in the US is when Canada becomes an official vassal of the US. You'd be laughing for a very short period of time.

Thankfully the levers of power in the US make that scenario all but impossible for a president to do. It would take like a literal apocalypse to get enough support to make changes like that.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014

Naw, we will purge heresy from this world if that happens. Leaves will be raked.

Oct 2, 2017
The minute that happens in the US is when Canada becomes an official vassal of the US. You'd be laughing for a very short period of time.

Thankfully the levers of power in the US make that scenario all but impossible for a president to do. It would take like a literal apocalypse to get enough support to make changes like that.
No way, their mighty military will keep their homeland safe from invaders

Swauny Jones

Oct 30, 2013

Oh I know Canadians won't be safe for long if this came to fruition. Canada would be annexed in within 10 years and I'd have probably moved well before then LOL!!!

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
Can't tell if serious or taking the piss.

• LOL
Reactions: SLoWMoTIoN

Vicetrailia

Mar 12, 2019

Nothing is really better or worse. The economy is good so I make more money via 401k and investments, but I still have to deal with the healthcare bullshit and my greedy ass fortune 40 corporation making moves against bonuses and raises. But I'll job hop to Amazon or Microsoft in 2021 I'm thinking and earn big money.

Those things affect my life the most. I'd imagine that if I were in the military or green energy sector I would have a more impacted opinion, but it has been business as usual in good times.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: matt404au

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
As long as my taxes remain low, the sales volume stays high, and I still have my 1A. Doesn't sound so bad.

Reactions: Texas Pride

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008

pork_gamete

Jun 3, 2014
Half? That's a bit generous, don't you think?
Not really. Huge chunks of Brazil are not populated and, although misery spreads throughout the country and poverty is a big reality, the working class is the majority, specially from the central part of the country down to the south.

If you mean by race, than around 30% of the population is composed by whites and mediterranean whites, then around 50% of pardos (mixed) and then 20% of blacks and other races... that said, people are generally mixed... so people considered white here generally mean they have light skin color.

I'm a mix of german, italian, portuguese and native south american, each part from each of my grandparents... my wife is a mix of italian and spanish, so my son is I don't know what... his skin is very light but he has very black eyes and hair. Does that make him white according to the american standards? I don't know, probably not...

If it's a matter of development, check cities like São Paulo, Curitiba, Florianópolis...

Brazil is not Rio de Janeiro and it's not covered by jungle and favelas and brown people, you know, although maybe that's all you see in the news or whatever.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: matt404au