• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death of George Floyd by Minneapolis police sparks protests and riots

Oct 12, 2005
i don’t get it ....guy was under control.. not moving.. unarmed
did the main cop with the knee on his neck think he was bluffing?
straight racist trying to murder him?
the released video is extremely incriminating and looks like a failure in protocol

i feel for the guy and his family... so tragic

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
May 9, 2016
h*ck
“Straight racist trying to murder him?” Yeah that’s really likely, a cop just wants to commit a murder during an arrest while he’s being filmed.

liberal media, and people like you, love this shit because it furthers your belief that America is a racist cesspool that needs a good tear down and rebuild.

TaySan

Dec 16, 2018
“Straight racist trying to murder him?” Yeah that’s really likely, a cop just wants to commit a murder during an arrest while he’s being filmed.

liberal media, and people like you, love this shit because it furthers your belief that America is a racist cesspool that needs a good tear down and rebuild.
I mean if you watched the whole thing he didn't even bother checking his pulse at all while suffocating him for 10 straight minutes. That's pretty much an open shut case for murder. They still continued to do it EVEN after he was clearly unconscious.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2005

honestly dude - look at my post history.... you will not find a bigger champion of cops than me.. i cannot understand why he doesn’t lift his leg after hearing the guy say he can’t breathe .. especially when two other cops are restraining him..
i’m trying not to jump to conclusions and there are still the cops cams that have to be looked at.. but this video is so damning and hard to watch

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
The cop pushing with his knee was clearly enjoying it, that police department should be disbanded for producing thugs like these.
The police department didn't produce them, their parents did. The department trained them. What they do with that training stems from what is in their hearts and minds. They've been fired, we'll see if they get prosecuted.

lukilladog

Feb 6, 2018
The police department didn't produce them, their parents did. The department trained them. What they do with that training stems from what is in their hearts and minds. They've been fired, we'll see if they get prosecuted.
I thinkt it´s mostly the training and work enviroment that produce violent, dishonest, power tripping, corrupt, arrogant, and unlawful gangs of cops. Which may affect some people more than others, but still, people that were not criminals become criminals there.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
I thinkt it´s mostly the training and work enviroment that produce violent, dishonest, power tripping, corrupt, arrogant, and unlawful gangs of cops. Which may affect some people more than others, but still, people that were not criminals become criminals there.
If anything I think the work does more than the training. But I think the majority of it is bad people are bad before they became cops and then good people get fucked up by becoming cops because of what the work does to an individual. Most people become cops because they want to make a difference. There really isn’t a reason to get into the force otherwise. It’s dangerous and it doesn’t pay a lot. And it’s an absolute grind. So I think the bad ones who were bad before wanted to make a difference but also likely had an inferiority complex as well and abuse it when they become cops,

Then others are really fucked mentally by the work and the PTSD. Much like military coming home from overseas and not being the same kinda person. PTSD changes people, can make them violent and hostile and angry. John Allen Muhammad was said to be a normal guy before he joined the military. People don’t talk about it a lot, but it happens in the police force as welll they see violence everyday and for some it changes them and people and they’re never the same. They are violent, damaged, hold anger and need help and they don’t have anywhere to get it really.

Aug 11, 2019
I'm far from anti cop. I feel the same way about the "fuck all cops" crowd as I do the crowd that defends cops no matter what though

I don't see any legit excuse to why this was necessary. I've seen plenty of officer involved shootings where it looks egregious to the average Joe watching but you have to realize they're making split second decisions that sometimes go wrong, but with this I can't even try to come up with anything logical as to why you need to have your knee on a mans neck AFTER being handcuffed with 2 other officers holding him down while the officer has his hands on his hips? That's exactly what I do when I'm in a physical struggle, I put my hands on my hips.

Then the officer continues to have his knee placed on his neck after he's clearly out for another few minutes.

C'mon

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Feb 19, 2014
Irrelevant
What on earth is racist about asking why they need to riot about this but not their own peoples actions?
No no. We're not playing this game. You don't get to make racist statements like "any excuse" and then play dumb afterwards. You know exactly what you said. Grow a pair or keep feigning ignorance like a coward. Your call.

King of Foxes

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
Latvia
What a scary and misled display of whataboutism.
How so?

I am speaking from personal, first hand experience. My country was occupied by soviets, we didnt achieve freedom and keep our culture alive by rioting, we came together and got through it together. We didnt bitch and moan about how unfair it was and how we deserve this and that.

I have no time for perpetual victims when i, my family, people and country have survived worse.

King of Foxes

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
Latvia
No no. We're not playing this game. You don't get to make racist statements like "any excuse" and then play dumb afterwards. You know exactly what you said. Grow a pair or keep feigning ignorance like a coward. Your call.
I'm not a native speaker so please tell me where this subliminal msg is because i dont see it

Reactions: Shaqazooloo

Stiflers Mom

Apr 27, 2012
How so?

I am speaking from personal, first hand experience. My country was occupied by soviets, we didnt achieve freedom and keep our culture alive by rioting, we came together and got through it together. We didnt bitch and moan about how unfair it was and how we deserve this and that.

I have no time for perpetual victims when i, my family, people and country have survived worse.
I give you all these points.
Still, that display of force that lead to this man's death was uncalled for and in no way appropriate for a police officer, whose job it is to serve and protect his fellow citizens, regardless of social background or race.

That dude lying on the ground was no danger whatsoever anymore.

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA
I wish this wasn't national news.
This was a pretty sad display of what should have been standard procedure.
But this story will be weaponized for all the wrong and right reasons.

King of Foxes

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
Latvia
I give you all these points.
Still, that display of force that lead to this man's death was uncalled for and in no way appropriate for a police officer, whose job it is to serve and protect his fellow citizens, regardless of social background or race.

That dude lying on the ground was no danger whatsoever anymore.
i agree it was too much force, the police in my country are corrupt as fuck, most people keep 50 euros in their wallet to get out of a speeding fine or drunk driving fine here.

I understand corrupt cops but not aggressive ones like americans. I dont even fully understand the need to carry guns as only special cops do it here and not your average cop.

i also dont understand the black peoples response of always rioting because they achieve nothing

Reactions: appaws

TaySan

Dec 16, 2018
How so?

Sounds like someone is ignorant of their own history. Maybe your right they should stand up to opression and call for arms.

Last edited:

King of Foxes

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
Latvia

Sounds like someone is ignorant of their own history.
I'm not Lithuanian and we were willing to joined the Nazis to fight the Soviets
*edit* i see you are talking about the forrest brothers, you will find they were all killed and wiped out by the 70's, we gained freedom in 91. so yes, their struggle was for nothing

also

"The Baltic Waffen SS Units (Baltic Legions) are to be considered as separate and distinct in purpose, ideology, activities, and qualifications for membership from the German SS, and therefore the Commission holds them not to be a movement hostile to the Government of the United States."[14]

Last edited:
Reactions: Hayfield

TaySan

Dec 16, 2018
I'm not Lithuanian and we were willing to joined the Nazis to fight the Soviets
*edit* i see you are talking about the forrest brothers, you will find they were all killed and wiped out by the 70's, we gained freedom in 91. so yes, their struggle was for nothing

also

"The Baltic Waffen SS Units (Baltic Legions) are to be considered as separate and distinct in purpose, ideology, activities, and qualifications for membership from the German SS, and therefore the Commission holds them not to be a movement hostile to the Government of the United States."[14]
Okay, but honestly that still doesn't really change my point.

SlaughterX

Banned
Jan 12, 2007
Alsip, IL
SlaughterX.1up.com
Protest does not equal riot. Protests can turn into a riot when police shoot tear gas into crowds and show further abuse of power. This doesn't happen when white folks protest stupid shit like vaccines and face masks, even when they use tactics like intimidation by bringing guns to state capitals.

I don't really give a fuck about where you come from because your ignorance lets you turn a blind eye to the shit that has been going on for hundreds of years here.

Protesting against random killings will do little good, but protesting against a corrupt government and legal system that continues to wrong us is absolutely necessary, so fuck you.

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018

Some people get off on controlling others in a negative way. It's a thing. I see it in nursing all the time, from women, from men.

Some people just lack empathy. Someone repeatedly saying they can't breathe is a red flag.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: onewingedhoneybee