• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death of George Floyd by Minneapolis police sparks protests and riots

Somnium

Apr 1, 2016
art-of-vlad.com
Is that really James Woods?

And did he go massive red pill or something? Figures he would be a blue Hollywood liberal
James Woods has been pretty red pilled for a while.

Think about it, when was the last time you've seen him casted in a significant role in any film or series?
It's safe to say he's been blacklisted, but he's so based he doesn't give a damn.

Last edited:

DryvBy

May 10, 2009
USA
www.youtube.com
To be fair I live in the burbs and local news regularly shows people from those neighborhoods protesting and demonizing the gang violence that goes on there. And a lot of those news segments are tough to watch; lots of people losing loved ones in the crossfire. It just doesn't get coverage on a national level because it's not sexy enough. People do speak out about it a lot though, it's just that no one cares about them or what they have to say.
After an event like Father's Day in Chicago, I haven't seen the tears from celebrities and virtue signaling Twitter/Instagram posting blacked out images over the lives of people in Chicago. I haven't seen my friends posting how "[race] needs to stop being silence. Silence is violence." over these shootings. And since the disgusting death of George Floyd, check out the number of shootings and black deaths just in Chicago alone. The lack of an outrage is in itself an outrage. Where are your tears, virtuous and caring celebrities, politicians and internet? Where are the paintings and protests for our American families dying in Chicago?

I don't personally have a problem with the phrase "Black Lives Matter". They absolutely do matter. But the reason I also don't care about the phrase is because the phrase is associated with politics and pushing racial division in the United States. If you stand for black lives and think they matter, and I hope you do, call out this kind of gang related violence. Speak out against it, celebrities. Do another black and white video and talk about how killing blacks is not okay. Cops killing innocent blacks is wrong, but so is this crap. I do care about black lives (and everyone else) and I think this stuff needs to get under control. There's lots of good people in bad places and it sucks they can lose their life but it's not worthy of talking about because there's nothing political to gain from it. You can't make some "Orange Man Bad, Check America Now" commercials with footage of Chicago for the political season.

It's amazing how virtue signaling shows how uncaring people are about matters and how ultimate racist they appear for not caring.

Cravis

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2006
Look at all those upstanding and productive members of society.

They must all work night shifts to be able to do all that protesting while I’m working in the day.

Bahahaha. These are like the bottom of the barrel of society. They’re lazy, entitled, and easily manipulated. If we ever went to war with another country we’d refer to these folks as cannon fodder.

TearInto5th

Mar 8, 2020
You guys are so frakking disingenuous it's hilarious!

Drugs are bad... Yes.

And them (presumably WSs) adding in that woman's pic and saying she was pregnant was to make it seem MORE heinous than it was.

It was still bad but he wasn't the complete monster y'all painted him as.

Y'all were calling him a lifelong violent criminal... When the ONE time he was actually violent, he held a gun to someone's torso and all the other times he didn't do anything violent.

But continue to move those goal posts.
Oh okay, so his rapsheet is completely normal behaviour? Stop acting like these people don't have an equal reaction coming their way from their actions in the first place.

No, he didn't deserve to die the way he did, NOBODY does. But he was no upstanding citizen.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
Oh okay, so his rapsheet is completely normal behaviour? Stop acting like these people don't have an equal reaction coming their way from their actions in the first place.

No, he didn't deserve to die the way he did, NOBODY does. But he was no upstanding citizen.

Where did I say it was normal behavior? Never did I say it nor imply it.

His last arrest before this was 7 years ago.

And he was a drug user... Drugs are illegal.

So is pot in many states... It's still federally illegal. And many people here smoke it. Are they upstanding citizens despite doing something that can legally get them locked up?

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
I follow these protests and didn't hear about this:

A Colorado protester was charged Monday with attempted murder for allegedly shooting a disabled veteran in the head during a Black Lives Matter demonstration spurred by the death of George Floyd.

James Edward Marshall, 27, a defense attorney, was charged formally with attempted second-degree homicide, first-degree assault, reckless endangerment and other counts stemming from the June 4 shooting of 49-year-old Danny Pruitt at a protest in Alamosa.

Why are all these lawyers shooting people and throwing molotovs?

Seriously, something is very fucked up with that.

The Scrivener

Oct 21, 2014
I was playing SteamWorld Dig 2 and there's this cult in the game and you can read their "Doom Cult To-Do List" and one of their to-do things is decapitate old statues. Made me chuckle.

Can we please stop tearing down old statues.

Mar 23, 2013
This video restored a little faith in humanity for me.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com

Quippy answer: Democrats have been comfy with lawyer-types (usually congregate in big cities) since at least Vietnam. College could be used to dodge the draft. One of the lengthiest degrees a senator's son can aim for without actually being intelligent. Combine this with their penchant for pushing policy through the court system by abusing "precedence" and you have a winning recipe.

It should be taken as evidence that it's all collapsing for the Dems. Once your lawyers break rank and have to play footsoldiers in the field, you're looking a lot like late-war Germany who sent boys and old men to the battlefield to die.

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018

Man the press report there was really done through gritted teeth. Really looking hard for negative things to say there.

• Fire
Reactions: MetalAlien

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Why would Ellison think it would make situations tense and intimidate witness?

I mean you would think this is a slam dunk case and the only intimidation would be to be pro-Floyd if anything. No one is rioting to get Chauvin off.

Really makes you wonder what they really have.

Reactions: Tell_men

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018

my sister caught the mind virus at law school

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX

Some of the most fucked up people I've ever known have been defense attorneys, I'm not lying.

Reactions: UncleMeat

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I think all lawyers are sociopaths, honestly. They are actors with power over people, and most of them get off on it.
I saw Danny Dudekisser Danny Dudekisser at a gamestop store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet a true lawyer like him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, Oh, like you're doing now?

I was taken aback, and all I could say was Huh? but he kept cutting me off and going huh? huh? huh? and shoving a controller bag full of pizza in front of my face

Danny Dudekisser

Formerly 'Chacranajxy'
Oct 13, 2008
I saw Danny Dudekisser Danny Dudekisser at a gamestop store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet a true lawyer like him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, Oh, like you're doing now?

I was taken aback, and all I could say was Huh? but he kept cutting me off and going huh? huh? huh? and shoving a controller bag full of pizza in front of my face
Fucking cuntrag

Hey, all intelligent people are like that. I just manipulate physical processes to do my job, and lawyers have to manipulate people to do theirs. All high level work in the world is engineering in one form or another.
I dunno how much you buy into Myers-Briggs personality stuff, but I'm the type that is incredibly manipulative, which can results in one either being super altruistic or a complete sociopath. So... there's that working firmly against me.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX

Seriously, I’m running out of words to describe 2020. Reality is seeming more unreal every day.
TBH, stripclubs are pretty nasty these days. Social media pretty much scared off all the normies after the late 00's because women don't want it to interfere with their life outside of the club.

The days of some hot chick in her mid 20s doing some dances on the weekend for extra money are long gone. Back in the 00's though there were some legitimate really good looking women working at strip clubs.

With phones these days and social media, it's just not worth the risk anymore.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Oct 13, 2014

My hood :)

It's refreshing to live in a pocket of very blue city where people haven't completely lost their minds, despite every attempt by de Blasio and Cuomo to break the morale of sensible, working-class people. We had a BLM protest here a couple of weeks ago as well, but that turn out paled in comparison - it was also very clearly filled with plants from other neighborhoods.

Dec 15, 2011
I see this type of abrasiveness as rising from the cult of identity. As with intersectionality, it starts by arguing that everyone has a common enemy. Then the factions start to splinter into more and more fractious banal groups.

The constant is the us-vs-them mentality. The target just changes.

Perpetual grievance. Perpetual projection.

Two legs good..

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Fucking cuntrag

I dunno how much you buy into Myers-Briggs personality stuff, but I'm the type that is incredibly manipulative, which can results in one either being super altruistic or a complete sociopath. So... there's that working firmly against me.
I'm always INT and borderline J/P by the tests, and that matches me pretty well to even a pathological extent (schizotypal and schizoid tendencies). I think it is more of a label that created intentional dichotomies, but it does fit.

I think lawyers have to be manipulative sociopaths to some extent to be good at their jobs. If you are a criminal defense attorney then you are going to end up representing someone you know did something potentially horrible at some point, and almost always you will take their money and smile in a courtroom and lie. If you are a prosecutor you are going to end up with a case against someone you know is innocent, and almost always you will go to court and smile and tell a jury that they deserve to go to prison. Big corporate lawyers are the sleaziest of all IMO. They all have to know how to manipulate people to an end for their benefit even when they know what they are doing is not right, which is sociopathic by definition. Of course, some are good people lol

The only ones I really respect are low-level civil attorneys (e.g. estate planners) or pseudolawyers like accountants who can give advice and guide people through the overly complicated legal system.

Stouffers

Oct 17, 2017
TBH nigerians ghanese and cameronians are some the hardest working and nicest people i have meet or worked with.
I think it all boils down to faith. If you have faith your hard work is going to be rewarded, you’re more likely to be a better cog in the system.

A lot of people because of very real historical grievances, broken promises and real/perceived inequities never had that faith.

JSoup

Jun 20, 2013
California

TBH, stripclubs are pretty nasty these days. Social media pretty much scared off all the normies after the late 00's because women don't want it to interfere with their life outside of the club.

The days of some hot chick in her mid 20s doing some dances on the weekend for extra money are long gone. Back in the 00's though there were some legitimate really good looking women working at strip clubs.

With phones these days and social media, it's just not worth the risk anymore.
While I agree, the one hang up here is Portland has more stripclubs than any other city in the country. It accounts for a pretty big chunk of revenue. That gives the strippers an edge, in theory.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
I almost cussed someone out for saying that the recent riots were just like the riots in Tulsa a century ago. She said it was the same thing and that the blacks were at fault... I left before I hurt her feelings... All I said was... "You're dumb as rocks and so is your ugly kid." And just walked away ...

I don't like talking with strangers in Walmart.

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
I almost cussed someone out for saying that the recent riots were just like the riots in Tulsa a century ago. She said it was the same thing and that the blacks were at fault... I left before I hurt her feelings... All I said was... "You're dumb as rocks and so is your ugly kid." And just walked away ...

I don't like talking with strangers in Walmart.
JFC, man... Wow.

You know I'm firmly against the riots that are happening this time, but I guess it just shows that, for some people, no matter how justified, black people using violence will never be acceptable.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
The massacre began over Memorial Day weekend after 19-year-old Dick Rowland, Derek Chauvin a black shoeshiner, white cop was accused of assaulting Sarah Page, Killing George Floyd. He was taken into custody. After the arrest, rumors spread through the city that Dick Rowland, Derek Chauvin was to be lynched not going to be arrested. Upon hearing reports that a mob of hundreds of white men had gathered around the jail where Dick Rowland was being kept, a group of 75 black men, some of whom were armed, arrived at the jail with the intention of helping to ensure Dick Rowland would not be lynched. The sheriff persuaded the group of black men to leave the jail, assuring them that he had the situation under control. As the group of black men was leaving the premises, complying with the sheriff's request, a member of the mob of white men attempted to disarm one of the black men. A shot was fired, and then according to the reports of the sheriff, "all hell broke loose". At the end of the firefight, 12 people were killed: 10 white and 2 black.[20] As news of these deaths spread throughout the city, mob violence exploded.[2] White rioters Black rioters rampaged through the black neighborhood that night and morning killing men and burning and looting stores and homes, and only around noon the next day 3 days later did National Guard troops manage to get control of the situation property damage amounted to more than $1.5 million 100 million in real estate and $750,000 a lot in personal property

I don't know seems a little similar to me. A horrible incident that exploded followed by rioting and massive property damage and deaths.

Except this time you had blacks helping the whites destroy and set fire to the black community, progress I guess?

What happened in Tulsa was gross, but not any less gross then what the BLM rioters did. The only difference is that 50% of the rioters were black this time instead of being all white. In the end you still got dead black people and destroyed black business and black communities.

Tulsa riots were wrong and racist. BLM riots are wrong and racist too.

I mean if we use BLM logic, the white people were actually right in this situation. This man assaulted a women, remember 1. Believe all women and 2. accusations are enough no evidence is needed, and guilty until proven innocent. So with the accusation from a women that we must believe there is finally the proof of systemic assault on whites by blacks. Then the black people went and killed 10 whites, with only 2 blacks dying. That means a white person was 5 times as likely to die at the police station than a black person, and that clearly proves like all statistics do that black people hunt down white people and that there is systemic racism in the black community. So just like BLM, armed with these facts, the truth that Dick assaulted a girl who we must believe, and the statistics proving that whites are more likely to die then blacks at police stations, the white people had no choice but to peacefully protest to get the change they needed. Now its not the fault of those proetesters a few bad apples had to vent their furstrations, Dr King said violence is the voice of the voiceless. In reality these protesters in Tulsa were just following MLK's words. Show me where it says in the constitution that protests have to be peaceful? They were just exectuing their 1A rights.

If you disagree with me you disagree with BLM then.

Sounds dumb, but this is what BLM and lefites will be saying to justify the 20+ murders and 100's of millions of dollars of property damage, mainly in black communities.

Reactions: MetalAlien
Oct 26, 2018
Look at all those upstanding and productive members of society.

They must all work night shifts to be able to do all that protesting while I’m working in the day.

Bahahaha. These are like the bottom of the barrel of society. They’re lazy, entitled, and easily manipulated. If we ever went to war with another country we’d refer to these folks as cannon fodder.
No kidding.

Only the biggest losers have the time and effort to protest all day yelling at cops at barricades. Who knew some people's goal in life is to stand toe to toe screaming at cops in riot gear. I thought it was going through all the hoops to make a living and get through life. Guess I'm wrong.

Too bad they don't put the same kind of effort into getting a decent education and job. If they did, they'd have other things to worry about like paying off a house and even doing menial tasks (but you got to do it whether you like it or not) like me mowing the lawn and spending a bit of time trimming some plants this afternoon . All in the fucking heat too and it's scorching hot in Toronto now (this area has that god awful humid heat where 25 C feels like 35 C).

With so many of these people looking like drop outs and under 30 years old, I bet most of them still live at home with zero job and responsibility.

COVID laws are slowly being dropped. Businesses will be ramping up jobs and the kinds of jobs all these losers fit are the low end jobs which were mostly banished the past few months.

They should be spending time contacting businesses the past month or two looking to be a candidate to fill a role when things open up. Yet I bet most of them did nothing the past 3 months.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cravis

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
The massacre began over Memorial Day weekend after 19-year-old Dick Rowland, Derek Chauvin a black shoeshiner, white cop was accused of assaulting Sarah Page, Killing George Floyd. He was taken into custody. After the arrest, rumors spread through the city that Dick Rowland, Derek Chauvin was to be lynched not going to be arrested. Upon hearing reports that a mob of hundreds of white men had gathered around the jail where Dick Rowland was being kept, a group of 75 black men, some of whom were armed, arrived at the jail with the intention of helping to ensure Dick Rowland would not be lynched. The sheriff persuaded the group of black men to leave the jail, assuring them that he had the situation under control. As the group of black men was leaving the premises, complying with the sheriff's request, a member of the mob of white men attempted to disarm one of the black men. A shot was fired, and then according to the reports of the sheriff, "all hell broke loose". At the end of the firefight, 12 people were killed: 10 white and 2 black.[20] As news of these deaths spread throughout the city, mob violence exploded.[2] White rioters Black rioters rampaged through the black neighborhood that night and morning killing men and burning and looting stores and homes, and only around noon the next day 3 days later did National Guard troops manage to get control of the situation property damage amounted to more than $1.5 million 100 million in real estate and $750,000 a lot in personal property

I don't know seems a little similar to me. A horrible incident that exploded followed by rioting and massive property damage and deaths.

Except this time you had blacks helping the whites destroy and set fire to the black community, progress I guess?

What happened in Tulsa was gross, but not any less gross then what the BLM rioters did. The only difference is that 50% of the rioters were black this time instead of being all white. In the end you still got dead black people and destroyed black business and black communities.

Tulsa riots were wrong and racist. BLM riots are wrong and racist too.

I mean if we use BLM logic, the white people were actually right in this situation. This man assaulted a women, remember 1. Believe all women and 2. accusations are enough no evidence is needed, and guilty until proven innocent. So with the accusation from a women that we must believe there is finally the proof of systemic assault on whites by blacks. Then the black people went and killed 10 whites, with only 2 blacks dying. That means a white person was 5 times as likely to die at the police station than a black person, and that clearly proves like all statistics do that black people hunt down white people and that there is systemic racism in the black community. So just like BLM, armed with these facts, the truth that Dick assaulted a girl who we must believe, and the statistics proving that whites are more likely to die then blacks at police stations, the white people had no choice but to peacefully protest to get the change they needed. Now its not the fault of those proetesters a few bad apples had to vent their furstrations, Dr King said violence is the voice of the voiceless. In reality these protesters in Tulsa were just following MLK's words. Show me where it says in the constitution that protests have to be peaceful? They were just exectuing their 1A rights.

If you disagree with me you disagree with BLM then.

Sounds dumb, but this is what BLM and lefites will be saying to justify the 20+ murders and 100's of millions of dollars of property damage, mainly in black communities.
Dude... During that time in American history, white people claimed a black person did something and they would form a mob and lynch whoever they thought it was that did something.

AND your post is riddled with half-truths and whole lies. The black people were rioting? Over what?! Your post reads like a StormFront account of the Tulsa Massacre... Like black people were killing their own when the racist mob was the one doing it!

300 black people were killed, THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY was ran out with their Businesses and HOMES burnt to the ground by the racist mob! They NEVER REBUILT not came back! WTH man! I thought you were better than that!

Seriously... WTH?!

And what's going on recently is NOTHING like what happened then! You're BADLY comparing apples to oranges!

Last edited:
Reactions: CloudNull and Zefah