• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death of George Floyd by Minneapolis police sparks protests and riots

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Well she's kinda right.

After slavery ended there was an additional century of forced labor from "prisoners" aka arrested black people for any "crime" at all. During and after that there was Jim Crow. And after that ended started free prison labor making corporate products, and today it's paid labor although not much better than free. Throughout all that you had real criminals going to jail, but also scores of innocent point contributing, with black people being the most represented group.
Labor alone doesn't build a "corporate product". The engineers, tool and die makers, machinists, and capital providers are far more important to producing said product than the basic labor is. Same can be said of nation building. Claiming you built a nation when someone told you what to build, how to build it, and provided all of the resources to build it is kind of like claiming you invented the automobile after someone gave you all the parts, provided a place to build it, and trained you how to build it.

EHuntingon

Gold Member
Jul 30, 2013
What happens when Trump wins in November? Do do the rioters give up and go home? Do they riot even harder?

What happens when Biden wins in November? Do the rioters give up and go home? Do the Trump supporters get to riot?

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Labor alone doesn't build a "corporate product". The engineers, tool and die makers, machinists, and capital providers are far more important to producing said product than the basic labor is. Same can be said of nation building. Claiming you built a nation when someone told you what to build, how to build it, and provided all of the resources to build it is kind of like claiming you invented the automobile after someone gave you all the parts, provided a place to build it, and trained you how to build it.
Don't even bother. This is just another myth that far leftists push

Halo is Dead

May 20, 2018
[/QUOTE]
We should not share personal information on this site. We are better than this. Not cool man

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Is Doxxing not against Twitter TOS?

I mean this guy wanted to Doxx those people so he should of be taken down. But like with the cops, with twitter standing down to the terrorists regular people are going to defend themselves. So instead of having law and order twitter now has doxxing wars going on.

Vicetrailia

Mar 12, 2019
Yes there is more than one moving part when making a product.

The point is, just like with slavery they went through great lengths in order to keep the competitive advantage that they had with these practices. And quite frankly they trampled all over people's rights to do it. And in fact it's still lingering around today but to a much different degree.

Stuff like parole deals are a fine example. That's based on class, not race, but one can easily see that it affects some groups more than others. It continues to affect completely innocent people, and it's subject to abuse by crooked people. All the keep the pipeline stocked up until recently.

Kalief Browder is a fine example of how unfair this practice can be.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Yes there is more than one moving part when making a product.

The point is, just like with slavery they went through great lengths in order to keep the competitive advantage that they had with these practices. And quite frankly they trampled all over people's rights to do it. And in fact it's still lingering around today but to a much different degree.

Stuff like parole deals are a fine example. That's based on class, not race, but one can easily see that it affects some groups more than others. It continues to affect completely innocent people, and it's subject to abuse by crooked people. All the keep the pipeline stocked up until recently.

Kalief Browder is a fine example of how unfair this practice can be.
What does he have to do with slavery? The kid stole a truck and wrecked it, got lucky enough to get probation, then fucked up again.

Reactions: cryptoadam

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
What does he have to do with slavery? The kid stole a truck and wrecked it, got lucky enough to get probation, then fucked up again.
Check your privilege buddy.

He was black, the truck was white, thats slavery right there buddy.

Now wash some feet real quick.

Last edited:

The Scrivener

Oct 21, 2014
It's like building a Lego set and having pride in your race.

"All my forefathers had was three potatoes and a Benny Spaceship. I feel a tear in my eye son. Kill whitey. Don't forget."

Reactions: Cybrwzrd

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
I was purposefully being obtuse. Yes the situation in Tusla was ugly and disgusting and yes I was making a half truth and lies.

Exactly like what we are seeing now a days. Lots of half truths and lies being spead to fuel unrest around the country that has gone past justice for George Floyd. and I am sure the rioters back then WRONGLY justified their racist and destructive actions like the mobs are doing so today.

How many of the busieness's destroyed over the last 3 weeks will be reubuilt? the 20+ lives aren't coming back either. What happened in Tulsa was much more destructive, but don't play down the riots we saw the last 3 weeks.

The whole point of what I wrote was to show the absurdity of defending Tulsa and today by using the rioters own language and half truths.

Just to be clear I think Tulsa is a stain and disgusting part of history and the people back then did not deserve what happened to them. I would outright call it a pogrom on the black community. Today's riots don't compare to the scope of the tragedy that happened back then. But if you use the logic of the rioters, then you can justify Tulsa which I 100% don't think are justified.
I appreciate you saying/explaining what you meant. And I appreciate your words on Tulsa.

I will say time and again there's a difference between protesters and rioters. Protesters aren't the ones burning down Businesses and attacking people. Those are those frakking Antifa rioters and various other hooligans. Unfortunately, actual peaceful protesters are getting hurt because of these idiot rioters/Antifa.

It's ok if I call them idiots, right? Someone took me calling people idiots as being racist a couple of months ago.

ETA:

Just FYI the Black Lives Matter movement and the Black Lives Matter organization are not the same thing. There are many who are with the movement who have no interest in supporting nor any involvement with the organization.

The Black Lives Matter MOVEMENT is very important and is something you should all be behind. That organization???? Eh.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I appreciate you saying/explaining what you meant. And I appreciate your words on Tulsa.

I will say time and again there's a difference between protesters and rioters. Protesters aren't the ones burning down Businesses and attacking people. Those are those frakking Antifa rioters and various other hooligans. Unfortunately, actual peaceful protesters are getting hurt because of these idiot rioters/Antifa.

It's ok if I call them idiots, right? Someone took me calling people idiots as being racist a couple of months ago.
I think there is a subset of legitimate protesters who are maiority black who do want to peacefully protest and bring about change. Just those people arent the leadership of BLM and sure as hell are not all the white people who are tagging along and have basically stolen this moment and movement to push their ant trump and commie ideology.

If the protesters got rid of the commies and the violent thugs then it would probably have been a beautifil thing to see people expressing their rights and collectivly grieving.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
I think there is a subset of legitimate protesters who are maiority black who do want to peacefully protest and bring about change. Just those people arent the leadership of BLM and sure as hell are not all the white people who are tagging along and have basically stolen this moment and movement to push their ant trump and commie ideology.

If the protesters got rid of the commies and the violent thugs then it would probably have been a beautifil thing to see people expressing their rights and collectivly grieving.

*Hugs you, brother*

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Did you see this thread?

I feel for this guy. And because you had the stupid CHOP that hijacked things now his son is dead. Just a 19 year old kid who had his whole life in front of him. Didnt need to happen but commies had to get involved and it lead to this.

Watch the video if you can. The mans message about family at the end is one of the most powerful things I have heard.

Reactions: Zefah and Somnium

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
Did you see this thread?

I feel for this guy. And because you had the stupid CHOP that hijacked things now his son is dead. Just a 19 year old kid who had his whole life in front of him. Didnt need to happen but commies had to get involved and it lead to this.

Watch the video if you can. The mans message about family at the end is one of the most powerful things I have heard.
I've been hecka emotional this whole week. Crying at the drop of a hat over the smallest emotional strings being pulled. That almost took me out, brother.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
I want to say one more thing before I go offline for the day and just watch my movies and such...

Any movement needs a wide swath of different voices and members to be effective. For ME, it was so beautiful seeing so many white people, Latinos, Asians, etc join in with my brothers and sisters in the protests or even attempting to protect them from rioters/Antifa and/or rogue officers. There was a pretty significant number of white people (mostly Jewish and Catholic) who marched with Dr. King and others during the fights for Civil Rights in the 50s and 60s.

I just saw a video of a young white man getting KRUNK with an older white dude tearing down BLM posters on a fence. He didn't fight him but forcefully convinced him to stop and leave.

This movement has made it clear that some black lives matter more than others. The fact that there isn't any outrage equal to the George Floyd fiasco over the CHOP murders is absurd.
This was my first time hearing about this stuff. I had no idea any of this was happening! I knew about Mr. Dorn and some others but not about the CHOP zone ... And I'm sure many others hadn't heard about it either. I'll be sharing it in my groups on FB.

I would love to see a BLM movement lead by ABL Brandon Tatum Larry Elder and Thomas Swoell. Throw in Candance Owens too.
Then they should do it! Join the folks in Chicago who are ALREADY protesting about the gang violence there. Maybe they can get more of a national spotlight on their efforts to try to curb these needless killings!

Last edited:

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
Starting to see more prominent folks catch on to what a shitty and destructive organization BLM is.

What a shrewd name for an organization, though. Plays on people's good intentions and empathy to make them unknowingly buy into a bunch of shit they would never support otherwise.

Last edited:

njr

Jan 26, 2009

So yeah now these articles are coming out admitting coronavirus spikes after protests. News is moving too fast and I can't tell what's true or false anymore. The only thing I can make out of the current sensemaking apparatus is the media provides bombastic reporting and it is on you to wait several weeks for the retractions to come out. This and HCQ have boggled my mind for the past month.

Oh and BLM is my go to Motte & Bailey example now. If someone asks me if I support BLM, I now respond with "I don't know what you mean when you say BLM". It's a masterfully crafted phrase that allows bad faith actors to hide behind it and suggest much more than it should be, and they can always retreat to the standard sentiment if needed.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
Last edited:

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
This is why I said what I said

”The Santa Clarita group is improperly using our name,” the spokesperson said. “We intend to call them out and follow up.”

How the fuck do you lay claim to a name "Black Lives Matter?" and say that another group is stealing from you? The hubris...

Reactions: cryptoadam

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
This is why I said what I said

You should actually read up on the guy. He started this charity in 2015 and wants to bring police and the community together. The most salary he ever took was 30K from it even though he raised 300K. If he was grifting he would of taken all the money. One of his ideas was having communities BBQs with the cops. Bringing people together and to see each other as humans.

To me that guy is legit he wasn't trying to grift of BLM. And if anything I support his message more than BLM because he doesn't mix in the commie and LGTBQXYZ nonsense.

This guy is actually being screwed over. Buzzfeed is giving coverage to target a black man raising money for black lives to reform the police by bringing the communities together. And basically his charity has been destroyed after 5 years because BLM decided that it has a monopoly on black lives mattering.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
You should actually read up on the guy. He started this charity in 2015 and wants to bring police and the community together. The most salary he ever took was 30K from it even though he raised 300K. If he was grifting he would of taken all the money. One of his ideas was having communities BBQs with the cops. Bringing people together and to see each other as humans.

To me that guy is legit he wasn't trying to grift of BLM. And if anything I support his message more than BLM because he doesn't mix in the commie and LGTBQXYZ nonsense.

This guy is actually being screwed over. Buzzfeed is giving coverage to target a black man raising money for black lives to reform the police by bringing the communities together. And basically his charity has been destroyed after 5 years because BLM decided that it has a monopoly on black lives mattering.
Hmm... Thanks. I'll read up on him.

So this is a hit piece? Smh... I remember the community BBQs in a few news bits a while back. Guess I have some research to do later on. I finished a Avatar TLA rewatch earlier along with new episodes of Doom Patrol and Agents of SHIELD, so I'm in a good mood.