• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death of George Floyd by Minneapolis police sparks protests and riots

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Believe it about as much as 2 men in Chicago shouting this is MAGA country, or someone hanging a noose in a NASCAR garage, or a bunch of 16 year olds about to kill a native man.

But maybe this time it will be true, there is the small chance so lets see if anything comes of it.

Now if it was signed, From Karen then you would know its 100% legit.

DeafTourette

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2018
Signing it doesn't make any sense. Racists are cowards. They thrive on anonymity. Plausible deniability.

If it's real, i hope they find who did it and let them know they aren't invited to any neighborhood function.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
Signing it doesn't make any sense. Racists are cowards. They thrive on anonymity. Plausible deniability.

If it's real, i hope they find who did it and let them know they aren't invited to any neighborhood function.
lunatics also thrive on anonymity and plausible deniability, not sure where you are going with this

maybe it's real, maybe not

we'll see

DeafTourette

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2018
I don't know where to put these videos as I don't think anything I put up in PoliGaf will be well received if it has anything to do with BLM. But they do a great job at echoing my thinking of BLM... Even debunking that BLM doesn't care about "black on black crime"...

If your familiar with ComicsExplained, then you know this guy... Rob.

And he does a great job explaining Defunding the police better than most news outlets do... Even the people who came up with the concept.

I do want to add something onto what he says about BLM not learning from the CRM of the 50s and 60s: the NAACP and the SCLC created their protests on the notion of showing the brutality instead of talking about it. They trained each other to not react defensively to violence thrown their way... Whether it was a cigarette burned into their skin or a brick thrown at them as they marched. Let the idiots tell the American people who they are.

Also, Rob is right .. MLK wasn't popular back then. He didn't have America behind him. He was a pretty polarizing figure, even by today's standards.

Dec 15, 2011
BLM, even in superficial form, showed how power-hungry and controlling they were too quickly. Against an ongoing mountain of events they should have acknowledged but chose to stay silent on. The poster above is, like BLM, notably guilty of this selective outrage, as are his cohorts.

People who have critical thinking ability won't be shamed and guilted into empowering a supremacist movement.

Deeper, there is considerable evidence that BLM has some questionable connections and outright dangerous motives.

A known race-agenda driven poster whom I have personally witnessed endorsing racist practices telling me "no, uh, this is what it's about" is spectacularly unconvincing.

People have eyes. People have ears.
Don't expect people to ignore them when it isn't convenient to your manipulative agenda.

Last edited:

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
DeafTourette DeafTourette if a 3 word slogan requires a video explaining that x means y, then it’s dishonest. The whole enterprise is full of dishonesty of course, Trojan horse for communism that it is.

This dishonesty and claimed loose organisation allows them to say “not us” when something goes too far and loses them support, lets them sell conflicting messages to different groups of people (ah but this is what we really mean) and if you add to that intimidation of anyone who disagrees through cancellation or outright violence you have a truly disgusting organisation that does nothing positive for black lives.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Eveyone killes in NYC bloodbath a minority. A black man killed by another black man walking thr street with his 6 year old daughter.

BLM members killed a 19 16 8 year old black kids. And countless others.

Not they lock arms with a group that ambushed and killed a black man.

Anyone supporting them is clearly being used.

Blacks shouldnt be discriminated against or face police brutality. Everyone can work to get that number to as close to 0 as possible.

3 innocent kids murdered and not even 1 100th of the care or outrage put into Floyd a POS career criminal. Says it all. Candance Owens was 100% right.

DeafTourette

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2018
I was just putting something out there. I still believe that stuff needs to be done about better accountability with the police, better transparency, etc. Reducing funding and redirecting it isn't enough. My mom always put "education first" in our heads when I was growing up. I don't know everything and sometimes I get overwhelmed by too much information. I'm also a sensitive person so things affect me more than most people... I'll cry if something is sad or uplifting... I believe in what *I* consider to be BLM ... What I've thought it means all this time. I don't care about clowns who try to change that message. I care about crime and gang violence. But I'm just one person with a 10-12 hour a day job. Also... Y'all have no idea how much I appreciate y'all speaking with me the way y'all do. This whole year is just... I'll just say I feel I need therapy.

cryptoadam cryptoadam I read that link you shared with me about the little girl... I'm still angry and don't know what to do.

DeafTourette

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2018
Addendum: I feel if there was an All Lives Matter organization... There'd be marches and protests every day everywhere non-stop. But most people don't want to do that ... And I mean of every color since all lives are supposed to matter.

If they did that, politicians would HAVE to listen... Far more than they do now.

SOME change is happening but I don't think half of them know what they want to do. Not Seattle, not Chicago, not Los Angeles, not Detroit, CERTAINLY not NYC...

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Addendum: I feel if there was an All Lives Matter organization... There'd be marches and protests every day everywhere non-stop. But most people don't want to do that ... And I mean of every color since all lives are supposed to matter.

If they did that, politicians would HAVE to listen... Far more than they do now.

SOME change is happening but I don't think half of them know what they want to do. Not Seattle, not Chicago, not Los Angeles, not Detroit, CERTAINLY not NYC...
Perhaps you'll use this as a chance to self-reflect and to not emotionally leap face-first into causes. You were more than happy to browbeat people about not caring about black lives and not caring about George Floyd and not listening to the plight of the black community, but now you see all those early predictions coming true.

The skeptics saw the deception weeks/months before you did and they pointed it out.

DeafTourette

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2018
Perhaps you'll use this as a chance to self-reflect and to not emotionally leap face-first into causes. You were more than happy to browbeat people about not caring about black lives and not caring about George Floyd and not listening to the plight of the black community, but now you see all those early predictions coming true.

The skeptics saw the deception weeks/months before you did and they pointed it out.
I don't think it's deception. I think it's not having a central figure and message. Right now the message isn't one message, it's 100 different messages with 100 different leaders. Some overlap doesn't matter if the rest of the message is all over the place.

There's a lot of people who are speaking up about black lives mattering now (you know as well as I do how the media has demonized black people as all being criminals). Chicago and Los Angeles and, to some extent, NYC have a gang problem and SOME black groups are addressing it but they are only SOME.

And I don't browbeat. I pushback and defend my position or thinking. I don't cancel either... I have one person on ignore because of their superiority complex and never admitting when they're wrong. There's a lot of comments/posts in the Rayshard Brooks thread that give me pause Because they sound like they're taken straight from StormFront... But I'm not cancelling them either. Not reporting them. None of that.

My point about the cities... When it comes to police reform, they're giving conflicting stories on what they want to do. NYC said they're redirecting (defunding) their police system by redirecting 1 billion dollars from them... When that wasn't true. Truth be told, police need pay raises but they also need to set the bar higher for entry into the dept and to have more transparency and no more qualified immunity. And no longer having the ability to turn off their body cams and dash cams.

I'm rambling but truly, I want a world as envisioned in the Bible... Book of Revelations... When we no longer are being lead by man and follow Jehovah/Yahweh and love each other as ourselves.

But we're not there yet and I see so many examples of why (the influence of the enemy).

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I don't think it's deception. I think it's not having a central figure and message. Right now the message isn't one message, it's 100 different messages with 100 different leaders. Some overlap doesn't matter if the rest of the message is all over the place.

There's a lot of people who are speaking up about black lives mattering now (you know as well as I do how the media has demonized black people as all being criminals). Chicago and Los Angeles and, to some extent, NYC have a gang problem and SOME black groups are addressing it but they are only SOME.

And I don't browbeat. I pushback and defend my position or thinking. I don't cancel either... I have one person on ignore because of their superiority complex and never admitting when they're wrong. There's a lot of comments/posts in the Rayshard Brooks thread that give me pause Because they sound like they're taken straight from StormFront... But I'm not cancelling them either. Not reporting them. None of that.

My point about the cities... When it comes to police reform, they're giving conflicting stories on what they want to do. NYC said they're redirecting (defunding) their police system by redirecting 1 billion dollars from them... When that wasn't true. Truth be told, police need pay raises but they also need to set the bar higher for entry into the dept and to have more transparency and no more qualified immunity. And no longer having the ability to turn off their body cams and dash cams.

I'm rambling but truly, I want a world as envisioned in the Bible... Book of Revelations... When we no longer are being lead by man and follow Jehovah/Yahweh and love each other as ourselves.

But we're not there yet and I see so many examples of why (the influence of the enemy).
you need to read your bible more closely. Even among the Jehovah's Witnesses, they believe God's kingdom comes through Watchtower.

Revelations does describe a kingdom that rises via political action, but it ain't the one you want.

DeafTourette

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2018
you need to read your bible more closely. Even among the Jehovah's Witnesses, they believe God's kingdom comes through Watchtower.

Revelations does describe a kingdom that rises via political action, but it ain't the one you want.
From what I read, it's not politics in God's kingdom. Because Jesus is King. The only law that matters is God's law.

Bruh ... I didn't know you knew about Watchtower?! Yo!

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
From what I read, it's not politics in God's kingdom. Because Jesus is King. The only law that matters is God's law.

Bruh ... I didn't know you knew about Watchtower?! Yo!
I've talked with Jehovah's witnesses for many years and always welcome them on to my porch to talk, so I've learned quite a lot about the church over time.

To your first point, according to Revelation the earth needs a Babylon before the antichrist can rise. God's kingdom doesn't come from within secular, earthly gov'ts. Go ahead and ask your minister. I'm pretty certain the goal is for the Watchtower to usher in God's kingdom and will eventually be The Gov't, sure, but this isn't necessarily to be done via secular governments and secular political movements. Jehovah's Witnesses are fairly apolitical / "be in the world but not of the world" based on what I know but I'm happy to be corrected if this is a misunderstanding.

• Love
Reactions: DeafTourette

DeafTourette

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2018
I've talked with Jehovah's witnesses for many years and always welcome them on to my porch to talk, so I've learned quite a lot about the church over time.

To your first point, according to Revelation the earth needs a Babylon before the antichrist can rise. God's kingdom doesn't come from within secular, earthly gov'ts. Go ahead and ask your minister. I'm pretty certain the goal is for the Watchtower to usher in God's kingdom and will eventually be The Gov't, sure, but this isn't necessarily to be done via secular governments and secular political movements. Jehovah's Witnesses are fairly apolitical / "be in the world but not of the world" based on what I know but I'm happy to be corrected if this is a misunderstanding.
I'll have to re-read but I'll definitely come back here!

Technically it's called a Kingdom Hall and we don't have ministers ...we have elders. And no central figure like in churches. The elders give discourses (like a sermon) but without the theatrics of most churches... They're also on a rotating schedule with some visiting elders from other KHs. Each discours is based on specific Bible principles and relating to the current time we're in.

You're right in how it's apolitical. I'm in here just to share my thoughts and debate as best I can (I know I fall short on that part but I try). Sometimes it can be draining which is why I put that one person on ignore. Just him/her. But yeah, I will re-read the latter half of Revelations and consult my watchtower or the JW app.

You just made my morning with that post! So many people get on Witnesses and boast about slamming the door in their faces and and laugh about it. I find that disheartening... But what you said made me smile!

Edited to add in additional information about the discourses and elders.

Last edited:

joe_zazen

May 2, 2017

glad you are here.

it is so weird that “all lives matter” gets you fired. I want that organization; the one that says everyone’s life is of equal value and we should engage and be part of the same movement.

I wonder what would happen if someone started a competing org based on tolerance, hope, and love for all people.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

another person dead thanks to these "protests"

the guy who did it
Thank god they caught the white supremacist. Did he drop his MAGA hat in the flames?

Another Nazi taken of the street, Black Lives are finally safe, phew.