• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death of George Floyd by Minneapolis police sparks protests and riots

Danny Dudekisser

Formerly 'Chacranajxy'
Oct 13, 2008
The Bartels guy works at Amazon!

Lots of good info in this article, including the quick Amazon part.

Around 10:30 p.m. that night, police said they received a call from someone who requested anonymity and claimed to recognize Mr. Bartels, a co-worker at Amazon, from social media as the rioter who damaged the police SUV.
It's true, but he's just a seasonal worker.

V4skunk

Nov 20, 2018
Have you ever heard of a book?

Calling people low IQ isn't clever dumbass. You believe any nonsense you see on Facebook, so I wouldn't talk much, if I were you.
Fucking clown what have i posted from Facebook?
You are just a gender confused leftist.
So when are the proud boys gonna take back these streets again? :messenger_grinning_smiling:
It was great watching them beast the shit out of skinny gender confused white communists. :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_ok:

Last edited:

MajimaEverywhere

Formerly 'wienke'
Sep 2, 2007
The pearl clutching has begun!
I’d be interested to know where likely R and independent voters stand on this issue because I have a feeling they’re losing patience with these riots. I imagine liberal “centrists” won’t be too far behind.

I just don’t understand the alarmism at this juncture when we’re a week into this.

Reactions: Teletraan1

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
This Bartels dude is soon up for a rude awakening when he finally understands that life doesn't let you save scum your way out of this. It's on a permanent mode now. Didn't realize the actions he did also activated permanent hard mode on his life too.

Piku_Ringo

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2015
My FB has been cancer. Dunno if this has been shared yet but a person actually wrote this and presumably believes what they wrote.
White Folks Guide to Protesting

I saw a lot and I learned a lot this weekend. If you are a white person considering joining a protest this week, here is a list of rules I’ve put together for you. Friends of color, if I have forgotten anything, please add.

1. FOLLOW CALLS ONLY. Do not initiate or lead calls. Your job is to follow and add your voice when it is called for.
2. DO NOT TAKE SELFIES. Ask permission to take pictures or videos of individuals. You are there to witness only. Film the police as much as possible. Your goal is documentation to ensure that the true narrative is told.
3. BE HELPFUL. Hand out water and snacks. Make sure protest leaders are hydrated and fed. This is exhausting work, help keep their energy up.
4. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. If a black person tells you to do something, you do it immediately without question. You respect the authority and the decisions of the black protesters at all times.
5. STAY IN THE BACK UNTIL YOU ARE CALLED FORWARD. If you hear “White people to the front” or “Allies to the front” step forward and link arms with other white people to form a human shield.
6. WHEN YOU ARE AT THE FRONT, YOU ARE SILENT. Your job is to be a body. You are there to support only. The only voices on the police line should be black voices.
7. REMAIN CALM AT ALL TIMES. This is difficult. You will be emotional and your system will be flooded with adrenaline. Remember this is life and death for the protesters. Save your emotions for home. DO NOT AGITATE.

This is not a game. Joining a protest is a serious decision. Make sure you are there for the right reason. Support the safety of black protesters at all times.
Number 4 is my favorite:
“4. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. If a black person tells you to do something, you do it immediately without question. You respect the authority and the decisions of the black protesters at all times.”
Aka Become a cuck ;) :messenger_ok:

Riven326

Would place his sister in the spank bank.
Mar 25, 2019
United States
I’d be interested to know where likely R and independent voters stand on this issue because I have a feeling they’re losing patience with these riots. I imagine liberal “centrists” won’t be too far behind.

I just don’t understand the alarmism at this juncture when we’re a week into this.
Republican here. I want large deployments of U.S. infantry in the places where the riots and looting are the worst. Apparently liberals think this is fascism. But they think everything to the right of Stalin is fascist.

Reactions: Ememee

Soleil rouge

May 17, 2010
These white liberals who treat blacks as if they're dumb, defenseless rabbits are the fucking worst. Their white savior delusions know no bounds. They'll jump in a hungry lion's den if they think it'll paint them as NOT RACIST.

Just look at the way the white woman immediately begins whimpering as her delusions were shattered by reality.

redfirm

perm warning for wishing death - massive hypocrite
Mar 12, 2012
And that is actually a problem. I mean it basically means that any hostile power will ignite the protests, the government has its hands tied to do anything with that because it's "their" citizens...
Huh, Fuck no. It's THEIR GOVERNMENT. THE GOVERNMENT OF THE PEOPLE. not the fucking other way around. the goal of the military should always be about protecting its citizens not a fucking orange turd shitface.

Kagey K

Gold Member
Dec 18, 2013
My FB has been cancer. Dunno if this has been shared yet but a person actually wrote this and presumably believes what they wrote.

I saw a lot and I learned a lot this weekend. If you are a white person considering joining a protest this week, here is a list of rules I’ve put together for you. Friends of color, if I have forgotten anything, please add.

1. FOLLOW CALLS ONLY. Do not initiate or lead calls. Your job is to follow and add your voice when it is called for.
2. DO NOT TAKE SELFIES. Ask permission to take pictures or videos of individuals. You are there to witness only. Film the police as much as possible. Your goal is documentation to ensure that the true narrative is told.
3. BE HELPFUL. Hand out water and snacks. Make sure protest leaders are hydrated and fed. This is exhausting work, help keep their energy up.
4. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. If a black person tells you to do something, you do it immediately without question. You respect the authority and the decisions of the black protesters at all times.
5. STAY IN THE BACK UNTIL YOU ARE CALLED FORWARD. If you hear “White people to the front” or “Allies to the front” step forward and link arms with other white people to form a human shield.
6. WHEN YOU ARE AT THE FRONT, YOU ARE SILENT. Your job is to be a body. You are there to support only. The only voices on the police line should be black voices.
7. REMAIN CALM AT ALL TIMES. This is difficult. You will be emotional and your system will be flooded with adrenaline. Remember this is life and death for the protesters. Save your emotions for home. DO NOT AGITATE.

This is not a game. Joining a protest is a serious decision. Make sure you are there for the right reason. Support the safety of black protesters at all times.
Number 4 is my favorite:
“4. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. If a black person tells you to do something, you do it immediately without question. You respect the authority and the decisions of the black protesters at all times.”

Danny Dudekisser

Formerly 'Chacranajxy'
Oct 13, 2008
These white liberals who treat blacks as if they're dumb, defenseless rabbits are the fucking worst. Their white savior delusions know no bounds. They'll jump in a hungry lion's den if they think it'll paint them as NOT RACIST.

Just look at the way the white woman immediately begins whimpering as her delusions were shattered by reality.
Well, and just the notion of "hey, you're black - you must want to break shit and steal" is fucking insulting.

Reactions: Ememee

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
So the news for LA County said that rioters and looters when arrested are being let go on no bail with just a citation.

Shit isn’t going to end like that. All by design.

Reactions: cryptoadam

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Mar 1, 2017

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
Why do you think its right wing? What hallmarks do you have of right wingers here?

Heck if it was right wing they would be shooting people up. Right wingers don't do this petty BS, they go for mass shootings.

And saying its not coordinated I don't know maybe you aren't looking. How do bricks show up everywhere? How do people know where to go to loot and which route the protest will take? How are the same looking people doing the same thing dressed the same way all showing up across the country?

And the worst part is that the protest for Floyd have been coopted by marxists, criminals, oppurtunists, and now corporate America. Floyds already being commodized and sold to make a buck.
There is zero proof that conservatives are leading, or participating in any these riots. We know who is doing this. We know who supports it.

I'm not going to say Republicans are burning down cities and assaulting people, because you can't handle facing the truth.
Ok y'all misunderstood me because I, admittedly, used wrong terminology.

When I say right wing, I don't mean ordinary people or politicians. I mean extreme right wing, just like most of y'all say it's the extreme left wing.

That said, think about it: what better way to lay all the blame at the feet of black people, BLM and (even though they don't need the help) Antifa by pushing peaceful protests into full blown riots. Like that 20 yr old kid. All it took was one act to get things started...

Not to mention cops in some instances provoking actual peaceful protests into a fight (like what happened in LA and Beverly Hills)...

Is Antifa the cause of many of these riots? Absolutely but I can't help but think there's a mix of agent provocateurs fanning the flames. And yes, many of these riots were planned. I agreed on all of that in this thread.

We all know that almost all of these riots started out as peaceful protests but then you have criminals and gangs joining in on the chaos, taking advantage of the confusion, compounded with agitation by cops, Antifa and whoever else.

Whipping people into even more anger than they already felt... That brought everything into a fever pitch and created the crap show we have now.

I'm just saying look at the possibility of more than JUST Antifa and the extreme left.

I'm probably the only one thinking this and that's ok. I'll take the unpopular opinion and live with it. That's how it usually is.

I ain't got no beef with anyone here. Just my thoughts.

B-universe

Mar 23, 2020
Huh, Fuck no. It's THEIR GOVERNMENT. THE GOVERNMENT OF THE PEOPLE. not the fucking other way around. the goal of the military should always be about protecting its citizens not a fucking orange turd shitface.
The Secret Service protects the president.

The military is being called in because the thugs you support are ransacking and vandalizing with such frequency and intensity the local police cannot handle the situation. It's been explicitly stated that the goal is not , is not , to supress the right to peacefully protest, on the contrary.

Do not spread lies.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
I'll say this, though. The governor's and mayors need to authorize, at least, the use of tear gas and more non-lethal tactics (I know they have the methods and equipment) to get people to disperse MUCH earlier than 9pm. Get people to protect businesses and communities ... And you can do that with non-lethal tactics and weapons. Deputize the NG to arrest folks.

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
Man, I shouldn't have checked LinkedIn today. Just a stream of bullshit virtue signalling from people trying to score woke points from their colleagues and show how committed they are to progress and fighting injustice.

No one ever says in exact terms what the fuck progress looks like, though. Just a bunch of empty words that seemed designed to excuse inaction.

Last edited:

Halo is Dead

May 20, 2018
I'll say this, though. The governor's and mayors need to authorize, at least, the use of tear gas and more non-lethal tactics (I know they have the methods and equipment) to get people to disperse MUCH earlier than 9pm. Get people to protect businesses and communities ... And you can do that with non-lethal tactics and weapons. Deputize the NG to arrest folks.
Soon you will see headlines like "peaceful protesters are being GASSED". Tear gas is one of the safest and least forcible tactics you can use which is why law enforcement around the world have been using them for decades. It's much less destructive than rubber bullets cause that shit hurts

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
Ok y'all misunderstood me because I, admittedly, used wrong terminology.

When I say right wing, I don't mean ordinary people or politicians. I mean extreme right wing, just like most of y'all say it's the extreme left wing.

That said, think about it: what better way to lay all the blame at the feet of black people, BLM and (even though they don't need the help) Antifa by pushing peaceful protests into full blown riots. Like that 20 yr old kid. All it took was one act to get things started...

Not to mention cops in some instances provoking actual peaceful protests into a fight (like what happened in LA and Beverly Hills)...

Is Antifa the cause of many of these riots? Absolutely but I can't help but think there's a mix of agent provocateurs fanning the flames. And yes, many of these riots were planned. I agreed on all of that in this thread.

We all know that almost all of these riots started out as peaceful protests but then you have criminals and gangs joining in on the chaos, taking advantage of the confusion, compounded with agitation by cops, Antifa and whoever else.

Whipping people into even more anger than they already felt... That brought everything into a fever pitch and created the crap show we have now.

I'm just saying look at the possibility of more than JUST Antifa and the extreme left.

I'm probably the only one thinking this and that's ok. I'll take the unpopular opinion and live with it. That's how it usually is.

I ain't got no beef with anyone here. Just my thoughts.
I just don't see the evidence for right wing or far right wing influence in these protests/riots. I see ANTIFA and blacks front and center. So that's what I'm going with. Is your theory possible? Sure. But it doesn't really hold much weight without evidence.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
Gassed... This isn't the gas chamber... No one is dying from this unless they have some health problem ... Hyperbole by the press... I know it's coming.

Soon you will see headlines like "peaceful protesters are being GASSED". Tear gas is one of the safest and least forcible tactics you can use which is why law enforcement around the world have been using them for decades. It's much less destructive than rubber bullets cause that shit hurts

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
I just don't see the evidence for right wing or far right wing influence in these protests/riots. I see ANTIFA and blacks front and center. So that's what I'm going with. Is your theory possible? Sure. But it doesn't really hold much weight without evidence.
And hey... It's just my thoughts. At least we can have different opinions on things without getting banned like that other place.

MajimaEverywhere

Formerly 'wienke'
Sep 2, 2007
Especially since far right wing or white nationalist groups are typically incapable of being subtle about doing really anything. Literally no one has ever been confused if white nationalists were part of a protest or not.

If they were out there in any meaningful amount, they’d be all over the news because it’d be incredibly obvious.

Piku_Ringo

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2015
People keep saying that this is about the 'black race or black lives'. I highly disagree, this is exclusively about BLACK MEN

Not black women or girls, this is about Young Black Men, Black Boys, and Black Men in general. Cannot emphasize this enough.
And letting everybody know that Black Men Don't cheat!

• LOL
Reactions: DeafTourette

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Noticing a lot of supremacy attitudes in these protesters with wanting everyone to take a knee around them, even chanting it.

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
Especially since far right wing or white nationalist groups are typically incapable of being subtle about doing really anything. Literally no one has ever been confused if white nationalists were part of a protest or not.

If they were out there in any meaningful amount, they’d be all over the news because it’d be incredibly obvious.
Yes. We're very fortunate that their brightest mind is Richard Spencer.

Somnium

Apr 1, 2016
art-of-vlad.com

Number 4 is my favorite:

• LOL
Reactions: Dacon and Kev Kev

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
This is what you always say when you can't back up your hot takes. Weren't you dipping out of the thread a few pages back because people were being too calloused for your tastes?
Yes I did back out. Is that wrong? Am I going to internet jail?

I've always been honest here. If I feel like doing something or not doing something, I say it. I left but came back because I felt that I should.

And I wasn't basing anything done any evidence. Which is why I said "hey my thoughts and only my thoughts".

And I am not angry nor coming at anyone angry. I'm truly tired and don't have it in me right now to do a back and forth about my opinion and trying to defend it. I said what I said. That's it.