• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death of George Floyd by Minneapolis police sparks protests and riots

Scotty W

Sep 29, 2019
Let’s unpack this.

As an argument you have the conclusion followed by 3 premises. If rearrange it:

Premises:
-One human life is worth more than all the property in the world
-Property can be replaced.
-Human life is more important than
property.

Conclusion:
Rioting and looting isn’t evil.

You can see the premises and conclusion are unrelated. The premises talk about ‘value’ in the use or exchange value sense, whereas the conclusion talks about the ‘moral value’ of an action which is not even mentioned in the premises.

We might ask some follow ups:

- Who is permitted to loot, who not?
-Can anyone loot anything? Can I steal the phone that was used to make this tweet?

Pure nonsense, as always.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Ok y'all misunderstood me because I, admittedly, used wrong terminology.

When I say right wing, I don't mean ordinary people or politicians. I mean extreme right wing, just like most of y'all say it's the extreme left wing.

That said, think about it: what better way to lay all the blame at the feet of black people, BLM and (even though they don't need the help) Antifa by pushing peaceful protests into full blown riots. Like that 20 yr old kid. All it took was one act to get things started...

Not to mention cops in some instances provoking actual peaceful protests into a fight (like what happened in LA and Beverly Hills)...

Is Antifa the cause of many of these riots? Absolutely but I can't help but think there's a mix of agent provocateurs fanning the flames. And yes, many of these riots were planned. I agreed on all of that in this thread.

We all know that almost all of these riots started out as peaceful protests but then you have criminals and gangs joining in on the chaos, taking advantage of the confusion, compounded with agitation by cops, Antifa and whoever else.

Whipping people into even more anger than they already felt... That brought everything into a fever pitch and created the crap show we have now.

I'm just saying look at the possibility of more than JUST Antifa and the extreme left.

I'm probably the only one thinking this and that's ok. I'll take the unpopular opinion and live with it. That's how it usually is.

I ain't got no beef with anyone here. Just my thoughts.
I know you dont think black people are so easily manipulated that a right winger can push them to anything dont be patronizing.
Are there some people in the protest who like Trump or watch FOX? Maybe a few. Protests are a day out in the sun with your buddies and you arent cool if you dont go protest.

But the violence and that stuff that is all hallmarks of leftist groups. Look at the clothing the graffiti the actions and their words. Its all leftist.

I wont close the book that they might find a right winger or two but so far its been dummy anarachist and brooklyn lawywers not exaclt the alr right.

These protest are giant left wing protests. BLM is a left wing movement. Its like me blaming the broken glass and slight damage done in Michigan during the back to work protests on BLM and saying it makes sense they would infilitrate and make white people look bad.

So far to me its a bunch of dumb kida who should be finishing their semester being manipulated by social media leftist groups to go out and be stupid and dumb.

Sucks for the legitimate black protesters who just want to make a point and get a message across that they have these white leftist destorying that and making them look bad.

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
twitter: where you don’t need an IQ or basic knowledge of history to get a blue check mark, can just state total fiction as facts, and other low IQ individuals will just believe it because you said falsities with confidence.

I’ll try my stab at one:

Guns were in fact not invented to kill, but were invented by an astronaut to try and get a small projectile into space and then grapple himself up there without the use of a rocket ship.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
People keep saying that this is about the 'black race or black lives'. I highly disagree, this is exclusively about BLACK MEN

Not black women or girls, this is about Young Black Men, Black Boys, and Black Men in general. Cannot emphasize this enough.
Oh I'm sorry. Korryn Gaines, Atatiana Jefferson, Breonna Taylor and others aren't black and weren't killed by police? Not to mention 3 out of 4 were unarmed.. and one baby was shot in the arm in Gaines' home.

So yes... It's black PEOPLE!

wordslaughter

Apr 17, 2019
I hope to see tens of thousands of arrests in the coming days.

There just so much video evidence of people committing serious crimes. With facial recognition tech it must be easier than ever to just run the videos through an algorithm and get names. And that's just the low hanging fruit for starters.

Good time to invest in private prison stocks. They're gonna get filled up real soon 👌

I'd like to see entire prisons devoted to Antifa terrorists.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Aug 19, 2007
Im not following along tonight, too stressful. My town is preparing for rumors of houses being looted and our small local business area. My only post is...

Someone explain to me that all these people are reacting as if Trump and the police is telling them they cant protest? He literally is trying to stop the violence not the protest. I think so many people are having such hard time seperating the two. Protest all you want, but knock the other shit off.

Danny Dudekisser

Formerly 'Chacranajxy'
Oct 13, 2008
twitter: where you don’t need an IQ or basic knowledge of history to get a blue check mark, can just state total fiction as facts, and other low IQ individuals will just believe it because you said falsities with confidence.

I’ll try my stab at one:

Guns were in fact not invented to kill, but were invented by an astronaut to try and get a small projectile into space and then grapple himself up there without the use of a rocket ship.
...Would that work?

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
To that idiot in the tweet:

Looting is stealing. Stealing is one of the sins we're supposed to abstain from as it's one of the Ten Commandments: do not steal.

Idiot

Reactions: Airola

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Video of the Pittsburg AntiFa Brian Bartels trashing the police cruiser, before turning himself in:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Im not following along tonight, too stressful. My town is preparing for rumors of houses being looted and our small local business area. My only post is...

Someone explain to me that all these people are reacting as if Trump and the police is telling them they cant protest? He literally is trying to stop the violence not the protest. I think so many people are having such hard time seperating the two. Protest all you want, but knock the other shit off.
Its only stupid lefitst that think these riots is going to lead to trump resining or getting assinated. So they want this to go on foever.

Also they support the riots since there being done by leftist.

Mass Shift

Jun 12, 2019
Wow, what a showman! What a tough guy he is!

All that just so the big bad Bunker Boy could declare an order he can't actually enforce. So he could walk across the street with a Bible he probably couldn't find a verse in even if someone showed it to him.

What A Joke the Presidency has become.

BlackBuzzard

Banned
Sep 23, 2013

You love to see it.

In other news.

Jamie Foxx: So im asking you my hollywood friends, come here and be with these people on the streets protesting, stop just tweeting about it.
Celebrities in their million dollar ivory towers:

Reactions: Ememee

dorkimoe

Aug 19, 2007
Its only stupid lefitst that think these riots is going to lead to trump resining or getting assinated. So they want this to go on foever.

Also they support the riots since there being done by leftist.
I hate trump too, but i cant see an assination being anything but absolutely devastating to the country. cannot let that happen

Reactions: cryptoadam

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

FYI the headline is wrong the kids DID NOT die. Still horrible.

chocobomochi

Formerly 'onewingedhoneybee'
Apr 18, 2020
USA
Know a dude who said just a month ago he was proud to be Korean because of rooftop Koreans...

Now he's supporting the looters and rioters and saying the businesses being destroyed don't matter. Ironic.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018

FYI the headline is wrong the kids DID NOT die. Still horrible.
That headline is pure clickbait. It's not till the end that you see the kids were saved by police.

The frak?!

///PATRIOT

Aug 30, 2016
Wow, what a showman! What a tough guy he is!

All that just so the big bad Bunker Boy could declare an order he can't actually enforce. So he could walk across the street with a Bible he probably couldn't find a verse in even if someone showed it to him.

What A Joke the Presidency has become.
The people like you defending the chaos and looting are the real joke.

LoV

Jan 8, 2015
I wonder what the woman thinks of all this. The woman who had a gun pointed at her in her own home in 2007.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Hundreds of thousands of tweets calling for violence and they managed to sniff out the one that was posting as Antifa but were actually white supremacists. Funny, how did they know it was a fake Antifa account so quickly? I think some twitter loser just exposed themselves.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: V4skunk and Joe T.

Mass Shift

Jun 12, 2019
The people like you defending the chaos and looting are the real joke.
Eh, squash all that.

I would have been impressed if he opened the book, you know actually READ SOMETHING and had led the people who followed him out of the White House in a prayer for the nation.

But all he did was pose and hold the good book up for the cameras.

He's full of shit.

bucyou

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018
“I would tell them, if you value your life, you probably shouldn’t do that in Polk County,” Judd said. “Because the people of Polk County like guns, they have guns, I encourage them to own guns, and they’re going to be inside their homes tonight with their guns loaded. And if you try to break into their homes tonight and try to steal, to set fires, I’m highly recommending they blow you back out of the house with their guns.”

Ememee

Apr 6, 2020
I’d been following what’s going on in Hollywood. Bout an hour ago the peaceful protestors took a knee with cops, and everyone talked and felt nice, yadda yadda.

i go get coffee, come back, and the looting has begun.

cool. Great.

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013
Damn ATL taking no shit tonight. Curfew hit and they started arresting everyone left, including Peachy Rider, the girl that was streaming.
The Atlanta mayor has pretty much been the only one that I've personally seen that's really put their foot down to this shit since the first night.

Reactions: Kagey K
Mar 10, 2015
I hope to see tens of thousands of arrests in the coming days.

There just so much video evidence of people committing serious crimes. With facial recognition tech it must be easier than ever to just run the videos through an algorithm and get names. And that's just the low hanging fruit for starters.

Good time to invest in private prison stocks. They're gonna get filled up real soon 👌

I'd like to see entire prisons devoted to Antifa terrorists.
We’ve got one already waiting for them in Cuba.

Reactions: bucyou