• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death of George Floyd by Minneapolis police sparks protests and riots

Halo is Dead

May 20, 2018
twitter: where you don’t need an IQ or basic knowledge of history to get a blue check mark, can just state total fiction as facts, and other low IQ individuals will just believe it because you said falsities with confidence.

I’ll try my stab at one:

Guns were in fact not invented to kill, but were invented by an astronaut to try and get a small projectile into space and then grapple himself up there without the use of a rocket ship.
My favorite was someone comparing the rioters to the Boston Tea Party :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: (That was on FB though)

Reactions: DragoonKain

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008

Piku_Ringo

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2015
Wow, what a showman! What a tough guy he is!

All that just so the big bad Bunker Boy could declare an order he can't actually enforce. So he could walk across the street with a Bible he probably couldn't find a verse in even if someone showed it to him.

What A Joke the Presidency has become.
bRacing bRacing is that you?

Danny Dudekisser

Formerly 'Chacranajxy'
Oct 13, 2008
Obviously, still early, but sounds like the looting is continuing to get worse. Hopefully, Trump actually does send the military in tonight. It's the kind of lesson that only needs to be learned once.

Rock And Roll

Sep 28, 2014
RADIOACTIVE, RADIOACTIVE!!! or something

This is one way to stop rioting/protesting. Have the singer of the shittiest band in the world join in. The kids won't want to be associated with something so unhip

///PATRIOT

Aug 30, 2016
Eh, squash all that.

I would have been impressed if he opened the book, you know actually READ SOMETHING and had led the people who followed him out of the White House in a prayer for the nation.

But all he did was pose and hold the good book up for the cameras.

He's full of shit.
That's your perspective. What's more interesting is the fact you are way more upset on how a guy hold a bible than the destruction of a country, let that sink in.

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
Why the fuck did NYC set the curfew as 11pm?? Set it early and arrest anyone out after.
Setting such an early curfew in a city like NYC is practically impossible. You would end up having to arrest half the city if you set it at like 7 or 8 in the evening.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
Setting such an early curfew in a city like NYC is practically impossible. You would end up having to arrest half the city if you set it at like 7 or 8 in the evening.
Normally I’d say you are right. Aren’t most places still closed due to corona though?

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
I don't get what this is supposed to show. Was there a curfew or what? Would this have been another example of police racism if those two people were black?
So it's standard procedure to immediately shoot people with rubber bullets and beanbags if they are out past a curfew?

Maybe they could have just....oh idk....arrested them? Especially considering they were just standing there. They weren't even armed. Hell they weren't even yelling.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeafTourette

Kagey K

Gold Member
Dec 18, 2013
NBC4 LA is showing a helicopter shot of tons of people zip tied and being hauled off in LA. This shit is amazing.

It’s about time there’s some consequences for this.

SpartanN92

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2012
Kentucky, it’s not as bad as Australia
Let’s unpack this.

As an argument you have the conclusion followed by 3 premises. If rearrange it:

Premises:
-One human life is worth more than all the property in the world
-Property can be replaced.
-Human life is more important than
property.

Conclusion:
Rioting and looting isn’t evil.

You can see the premises and conclusion are unrelated. The premises talk about ‘value’ in the use or exchange value sense, whereas the conclusion talks about the ‘moral value’ of an action which is not even mentioned in the premises.

We might ask some follow ups:

- Who is permitted to loot, who not?
-Can anyone loot anything? Can I steal the phone that was used to make this tweet?

Pure nonsense, as always.
Guarantee the guy who said “One human life is worth more than all the property in the world” is pro choice and has zero qualms ripping apart unborn babies.

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
So it's standard procedure to immediately shoot people with rubber bullets and beanbags if they are out past a curfew?

Maybe they could have just....oh idk....arrested them?
Immediately? No. Their goal is to get people to disperse, not arrest them unless they need to.

I can't believe I'm defending some cops, but those dudes couldn't have been ignorant of what was going on and they chose to take a stand in the middle of a closed street for some reason.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
NBC4 LA is showing a helicopter shot of tons of people zip tied and being hauled off in LA. This shit is amazing.

I guess Trump's speech worked? Democrats can't have him metaphorically coming in riding a tank and shooting a shell through some Commie scum before they burn down another poor neighborhood. They'd look like the failures they have been and he would be the hero.

Last edited:
Reactions: Piku_Ringo

Danny Dudekisser

Formerly 'Chacranajxy'
Oct 13, 2008

Obviously, it's less satisfying to see rioters get arrested than beaten into a coma, but I'm curious what the sentencing is going to look like. If they're out in a week, it doesn't mean shit.

BigBooper

Feb 28, 2018

Maybe they could have just....oh idk....arrested them? Especially considering they were just standing there. They weren't even armed. Hell they weren't even yelling.
I agree with this. Arrest them. Shooting them does nothing but instill further unrest...and make them scatter. Arrest them, fine them, make it really hurt.

Reactions: Nobody_Important

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
I guess Trump's speech worked? Democrats can't have him metaphorically coming in riding a tank and shooting a shell through some Commie scum before they burn down another poor neighborhood. They'd look like the failures they have been and he would be the hero.
NYC is still being looted tonight. It’s still early and light out in LA.