Maybe that was just a way to use existing assets for a high-quality render of their mascot, without much significance to the whatever the game actually ends up being? Obviously we don't know enough to say right now, but I could imagine a version of Ludens adapted for the setting of each of Kojima's future games being a thing, worn by each of their main characters.
- No involvement from Del Toro
- Kojima Productions logo has nothing to do with the game, it's just a logo
- It's an action game
- Game setting is still secret
- Kojima won't say the name of the main character
- Game will take "some time" to make, don't expect it soon
- Game name is related to the stranding of something that is dead, like a whale on a beach, something from some other world comes to a new place
Well depending on how things go if we still have a PS4 as a current gen system in something like 2020 then maybe. I fully expect this will get half developed and then pushed to a new console and be in development hell for years. MGS4 was announced in 2005 for example and didn't come out till 2008 and that was a game that had more direction and an engine when it was announced and came from a Studio that actually had Staff. Kojima Productions had a grand total of 4 staff members in December and a quick look at their website shows that the basically need EVERY major staff roll filled still.