• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Announced: A Kojima Productions Game

Laranja

Probably is related. The backstory we got in P.T even mentioned that the father commited suicide with the umbilical cord.

Nice find. There are too many similarities for it to be a coincidence, I think, even if the genre of the game has shifted.

Now, what to make of all those hand prints on Norman's body?

"Kojima Productions logo has nothing to do with the game, it's just a logo"

this at the very least is a lie. It's defo Norman as the logo, and he is on that beach.

Vostro

skrmbillede2016-06-132bpmt.png

This game is made for mpreg fetish.

NYR

this at the very least is a lie. It's defo Norman as the logo, and he is on that beach.
Who knows man, just typed what he said, you're likely right, there was a pic a few pages back that looks like it has Reddus's eyes.

Golnei

Maybe that was just a way to use existing assets for a high-quality render of their mascot, without much significance to the whatever the game actually ends up being? Obviously we don't know enough to say right now, but I could imagine a version of Ludens adapted for the setting of each of Kojima's future games being a thing, worn by each of their main characters.

Permanently A

Added to OP:

Info from Geoff Interview on YouTube:

- No involvement from Del Toro
- Kojima Productions logo has nothing to do with the game, it's just a logo
- It's an action game
- Game setting is still secret
- Kojima won't say the name of the main character
- Game will take "some time" to make, don't expect it soon
- Game name is related to the stranding of something that is dead, like a whale on a beach, something from some other world comes to a new place

They also have not picked an engine yet and Kojima said he wants action gamers to be initially comfortable with the game and then after 3-4 hours realize it may be something else.

NYR

Everyone looking for info on the engine, we likely will see the 2018 Olympics done and gone before this game comes out.

20cent

Banned
Oh wow he's back, it's unbelievable.

Oh Come on, Kojima wasn't gone... we never heard about him this much since he's "gone"

So this won't have pc simultaneous release I assume, given the "ps4" focus ?

Well depending on how things go if we still have a PS4 as a current gen system in something like 2020 then maybe. I fully expect this will get half developed and then pushed to a new console and be in development hell for years. MGS4 was announced in 2005 for example and didn't come out till 2008 and that was a game that had more direction and an engine when it was announced and came from a Studio that actually had Staff. Kojima Productions had a grand total of 4 staff members in December and a quick look at their website shows that the basically need EVERY major staff roll filled still.

NYR94

Everyone looking for info on the engine, we likely will see the 2018 Olympics done and gone before this game comes out.

I feel the same way. Looking forward to years of Kojima posting offscreen pics on twitter and giving vague answers in interviews.

poodpick

What? Really? The trailer started with the fact it is a PS game, and Kojima a loner with Sony when he started his new company.

When Kojima first announced the game it was stated to be for both PC and PS4 although that may have changed now.

RobRSG

I think I understood which feelings Kojima wanted to pass on with this trailer. Full of Konami and his past creation references.

1 - The footprints are set on the ground and then erased. Like all the efforts Kojima offered to Konami.

2 - Reedus is naked, representing the shame Kojima was exposed to in his last days working for Konami.

3 - The broken shackles are the bound between him and the company being destroyed.

4 - The baby represents his suddenly lost creation (Metal Gear), and Reedus cries of pain and sorrow depicting Kojima's suffering.

5 - The hand marks on the body and the ink in Reedus depicts the weight of having a great successful game series on his name.

6 - The swamps shows that will be a dire path to establish another blockbuster.

7 - The crabs are other developers that never made such greatness as his.

Somewhat I felt soul connected to Kojima. It was strange.

I actually found hilarious in that interview with Doritos Pope he didn't even want to say the genre of the game.. it's as if all he has now was that CG trailer.

Top Bottom