• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Announced: A Kojima Productions Game

If you think about the first hour of MGSV.

And then turned it into a game somehow.

That's what I'm imagining this game will feel like.

Looks absolutely nuts...

Venom Fox

Banned
No idea not to mention that back in December his studio only had 3 employees not counting Kojimas PA. I mean they could have staffed in since then but with no engine it's very much in preproduction. I wouldn't expect it for some time. Mrs was on roughly a 4-5 year dev cycle towards the last few games.
What? There's a pic of the Kojima Productions staff and there's more than 3 people.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2016-06-1413_47_18-ond1ksv.png

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
So what did use to make this and how did he even get the time to make it while looking for it?

The whole situation is strange

This game is 2019 the earliest

He used an engine to make this trailer. But he hasn't decided which engine to use for the actual game.

I hope the game continues to be this surreal and abstract instead of trying to explain things.

So MG, MG2, MGS, MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4?

Why is it that whenever Kojima is involved people start reading far too much into everything?

Because that is what he does in all his games from way back. He loves his symbolism, metaphor and metonymy. Just using the quote from the William Blake Auguries of Innocence alludes to such as the full poem it is about the mistreatment of people which is full of symbolism and metaphors like he does in his work. It is a pretty standard device within literature and film and Kojima wears the influences on his sleeve.

I was thinking the Solid games MGS, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, MGS5 and MGS:pW.

Nameless

After mastering TPA gameplay and sandbox systems with MGSV a bat shit surreal sci-fi action adventure from Koji is perfect.

Am I the only one who thinks the main character is transexual?

Nope. There's gotta be something weird going on here with him and that baby... and that cross scar on his abdomen... (and those floating crosses) maybe he is a her... maybe men are having babies. IDK... But i LIKE IT!

duckroll

Nope. There's gotta be something weird going on here with him and that baby... and that cross scar on his abdomen... (and those floating crosses) maybe he is a her... maybe men are having babies. IDK... But i LIKE IT!

Gotta keep the Chico = Quiet theories alive.

Solidino

I've figured out what this is.

All the whales on the beach.

The floating sky sharks.

This is Kojima's Ecco the Dolphin reboot.

Starring Norman Reedus as his new character, Pachinko.

This game looks really intriguing actually, though.

TPP Chapter 3 confirmed.

yuraya

Kojima and his team are truly GOAT when it comes to making trailers. Every dev in the industry should be hiring him to cut and make their trailers before releasing them to the public. Seriously all like 3 or 4 trailers for MGSV were incredible and now with this mind fuck KojiPro are elevating themselves even higher.

Also the song for this trailer is so good. Been listening to it so much.

Luq

I have no idea what is it and I don't really care. I've got my tickets for hype train booked already!

Pilgrimzero

Game could be anything. Action, horror, who knows.

Looked like a cable stuck in the baby and Reedus has a messed up stomach. Makes me think sci fi. Cybernetic enhancements eyc

Jb

Trailer gave me End of Evangelion flashbacks. I'd kinda like Kojima to go full sci-fi crazy in this one.

What? There's a pic of the Kojima Productions staff and there's more than 3 people.

Where? , the new yorker reported in December that they had 4 staff and one was his PA. That includes Hideo and Shikawa. Like I said they will have staffed up since then but their website shows they still need a glut of staff for nearly every role.

Top Bottom