• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Announced: A Kojima Productions Game

Ck46_zQXAAA9IC2.jpg:large
Ck46_5sWEAAh-7c.jpg:large
Ck46_7dWUAAWEyG.jpg:large

Venom Fox

Banned
That's from years ago, from his old Kojima Productions, his studio within Konami.
It's really not.
Kojipro_staff_4ZZZ.jpg

That's was taken when he announced they partnered with Sony and that they had acquired premises.

These people are the original (New) Kojima Productions staff who set up shop with Kojima and formed the new Kojima Productions.

Edit: So a few articles said anyway...

Edit: Reddit is telling me it's old lol.

matmanx1

Well, that was insane and beautiful and I immediately want to know more. It may have nothing at all to do with the game that we eventually get but I enjoyed watching it!

Ratrat

It's really not.
Kojipro_staff_4ZZZ.jpg

That's was taken when he announced they partnered with Sony and that they had acquired premises.

These people are the original (New) Kojima Productions staff who set up shop with Kojima and formed the new Kojima Productions.

Edit: So a few articles said anyway...
That was taken in 2009. They seriously only had 4 staff members in December.

Roni

Gold Member
The game will be about Death and those five beings represent the five stages of grief. Which is the most common effect death has on those who carry on living...

At least that's what I interpreted it to be. Wonder what they really are, though...

I think it will be about memes. Those five figures are the ruling memes. They are kings, and they have taken Norman's son. Norman will defeat the memes.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
The game will be about Death and those five beings represent the five stages of grief. Which is the most common effect death has on those who carry on living...

At least that's what I interpreted it to be. Wonder what they really are, though...

That's a pretty neat idea though. Fight the bosses named Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and finally, Acceptance. Cue wide panorama shot, fade to black, start end credits reel.

r=2GM/c² aka Schwarzschild radius (sometimes historically referred to as the gravitational radius) is the radius of a sphere such that, if all the mass of an object were to be compressed within that sphere, the escape velocity from the surface of the sphere would equal the speed of light. An example of an object where the mass is within its Schwarzschild radius is a black hole. Once a stellar remnant collapses to or below this radius, light cannot escape and the object is no longer directly visible, thereby forming a black hole.

discuss

This is stupid and you're overlooking it

read it backwards

2 C (see) MG2 (r)

To see Metal gear 2 remake...

and the way to see it is on another dog tag to be revealed later

or its metal gear rising 2

confirmed here

I think it will be about memes. Those five figures are the ruling memes. They are kings, and they have taken Norman's son. Norman will defeat the memes.

And then in the end, Norman says "don't talk to me or my son ever again", becoming the king of memes

If it's Konami really taking this stuff down...

You already destroyed the man, leave him be. It'd be a damn shame if the only solution is to get Reedus off the project.

_Legacy_

This is stupid and you're overlooking it

read it backwards

2 C (see) MG2 (r)

To see Metal gear 2 remake...

and the way to see it is on another dog tag to be revealed later

or its metal gear rising 2

confirmed here

And then in the end, Norman says "don't talk to me or my son ever again", becoming the king of memes

Interesting take, I'm intrigued. Either way, the game has got the attention from a lot of people, myself included. I'm an XB1 owner but will keep an eye on how this project goes. Knowing Kojima, it won't be out for another 2/3 years.

mattmanp

Sorry if beat to this theory but wanted to share: Norman Reedus is wearing necklace with 6 medallions, there are 5 people in the sky at end, could Norman have been sixth but been expelled for crime? Perhaps of having the child is the crime?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Well... you could read that trailer in itself just being a giant FUCK YOU to Konami.

Kojima is Reedus, the phantom baby is Metal Gear stolen from him for greed (the oil symbolizing money), the beach with dead fish and beached whales is the "old" Kojipro.

The cryptic floating figures symbolize the Konami board, but Reedus/Kojima is resolute... he's going to keep on coming.

Pejo

Who's keeping tabs of that head transplant surgeon, I'm betting that's where the next clue will be.

God those were crazy times.

I think this is still about p.t. The baby, umbillical chord, low demonic voice mimicing the song (Which i believe is the baby) the ghostly hands appearing on his body, the scar in the abdomen, the clearly paranormal entity noises in the background near the end. Only thing throwing me off are the handcuffs and how they seem to change color.

Palmer27

If MGSV and Hideo's usual teasing is anything to go by, there'll be nothing particularly deep to decipher. I feel like like Kojima makes plenty of surface deep references that don't add much besides material for gaf threads and 20+ minute youtube videos. If I sound down on his new game I'm really not - there isn't even any game to say anything about yet.
That said, the homoerotic protagonist has blown me away ;)

Brofield

I hope it's not been asked a billion times already, but on behalf of my sister (I think I already know the answer though), is this going to be a Sony exclusive? If yes, Kojima Productions as a studio team is still third party, yes?

NeoN1

Neo Member
I hope it's not been asked a billion times already, but on behalf of my sister (I think I already know the answer though), is this going to be a Sony exclusive? If yes, Kojima Productions as a studio team is still third party, yes?

Yes and yes

Hopefully Kojima didn't pull any shenanigans like using P.T.'s model data for Norman Reedus.

Then even a company as evil as Konami would be justified in issuing a C&D order.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I'm sure someone must have pointed this out, but still I might as well. If you look at the dead whales, you can see umbilical cords coming out of them and going into the ocean.

Top Bottom