• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding announced for PC, early summer 2020.

Lort

Banned
I am 30 and I've ALWAYS(ok since I was 7) had a pc... so I grew up on duke, quake and so on. Changed pc many times and even got 2070 and 3700x this year... and the pc market is more targeted towards enthusiasts than ever before. I think it's more expensive, more troublesome and generally less rewarding to build a 2k usd pc. Sure I can run 4k games and so on... but 200-500 console can do similarly. Of course I am biased and I must have a gaming pc but in general I would not advise anyone who wants to play video games to get a pc. It's just for enthusiasts who know what they want and dont care spending more for gpu than console itself. Sure we will have rdr2 on pc... oh I've finished it year ago and it looked amazing. I just wish we had Bloodborne on pc. This one I am really craving 4k60

I have had a pc since i was 8 ( that was a very long time ago) PCs are more reliable than ever but if u wanna play 4k hdr u have to spend a lot, tweak a lot and you still end up with a huge noisy box that looks unappealing in the lounge room.
Like many, my xbox sits in the lounge room and PC in the study ...

Javthusiast

Banned
KojiPro isn't owned by sony, they had this deal in place from the start. More people get to experience the game, Kojimbles gets payed more and sony still can capitalize on it being exclusive for months to push console sales and just bolster up the ps4s exclusive lineup this gen even further.

Literally no harm done.

Shifty

KojiPro isn't owned by sony, they had this deal in place from the start. More people get to experience the game, Kojimbles gets payed more and sony still can capitalize on it being exclusive for months to push console sales and just bolster up the ps4s exclusive lineup this gen even further.

Literally no harm done.
But what about the poor peasants that revel in content being denied to players on other platforms, who will shed a tear for them?
Literally nobody, that's who :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned

Literally no harm done.
Absolutely, and if DS lights the world on fire, Sony can just buy Kojima Productions and carry the franchise on PS5...…..I think this deal Kojima Productions every chance to be as successful as it can......I think this is important for this new studio......

Imagine thinking console gamers wouldn't crank out nude mods like crazy if they had the power to do so MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima

Degenerates, degenerates everywhere.
Yooo, you right
kttcoliohhh
God bless Sony for protecting us from degeneracy
HWaQd6Z.png

Last edited:
That’s a long wait and it’s going to be hard to avoid spoilers but OH BOY is this great news.

I’m especially glad that Kojima has announced this before the PS4 release so I won’t be tempted to play it on PS4.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
If the game really ends up as something special in terms of gameplay loop combined with plot and audio-visuals then waiting 8 more months for 'slightly' better performing PC port is not worthy. Especially for those who own both systems IMO. Not to mention a lack of other new AAA games this holiday season unless you count new Star Wars and Need for Speed games or have not played Red Dead Redemption 2 yet.

EDMIX

I dont understand why sony let this game go on PC with 5 in the horizon

Should ve let this stays ps4 with a posible ps5 version someday

death stranding on ps5 that would surely sells more units as people expected a graphical upgrade

Now with PC version confirmed people will be happy with PC version and dont need to buy it on nextgen

I think it might be because Kojima might have been asking for an amount to be bought out by Sony that wasn't a number Sony wanted to spend. I don't think its because they don't want to own the IP, studio etc, simply that the cost might have been too high.

EDMIX

Well i guess Sonys should stop making consoles now ... no reason to own one anymore.

This just devalues the whole proposition of buying a playstation console...

or its actually a good thing.

lol not really. Sony isn't publishing this. I don't think this is happening cause Sony wants it to, simply because the price being asked might have been too high for them to consider it. They've tried to buy many IP, studios etc, many times they might pass if the price is just too high.

Look at Insomniac. Sony in the past actually tried to buy them and they were not open to a buy out, Sony tried to buy the Sunset Overdrive IP in order to fund it and Insomniac didn't want to, ultimately Sony bought them when the time was right and both companies agreed. For all we know that might be what happens with Kojima and Sony.

Kagey K

Banned
I’m not going to say I told you so, but I called it.

Dont bother looking at the hate I got later for saying it.

You notice how all those who opposed this idea aren’t coming in to apologize or congratulate me?

Not so gracious in defeat?

Last edited:
Whoever waits for the PC release, you will by then know all the bosses and endings. People love putting on YT a thumbnail pic fo the last boss etc. So wether you want it or not, spoilers are coming your way.

Kagey K

Banned
Whoever waits for the PC release, you will by then know all the bosses and endings. People love putting on YT a thumbnail pic fo the last boss etc. So wether you want it or not, spoilers are coming your way.
The spoilers are already out there? Have you made it this far?

PC players have as great of a chance without being spoiled as you have already.

Kagey K

Banned
I know I got warned for saying Death Stranding would be coming to PC and questioned how that would be different if it was an Xbox game, but I can’t prove it based on these ambiguous warnings they show on our profile.

I already linked the thread earlier, but what happens now?

I was right and took punishments not deserved, while others ran their chops and get to keep on doing so.

I know I’m never going to get an apology or another chance, so where do we go from here?

Tesseract

Banned
I know I got warned for saying Death Stranding would be coming to PC and questioned how that would be different if it was an Xbox game, but I can’t prove it based on these ambiguous warnings they show on our profile.

I already linked the thread earlier, but what happens now?

I was right and took punishments not deserved, while others ran their chops and get to keep on doing so.

I know I’m never going to get an apology or another chance, so where do we go from here?

who gives a shit

ZywyPL

Banned

A good game is still a good game even months/years after its release, a great game is still great decades later. This is the biggest issue with games with weak gameplay and/or heavily relying on scripts and cut-scenes - once you know the story there is nothing keeping you attached with the game, as the gameplay is often not only not fun, but actually exhausting, while the scripts overload make the games have no replay value at all. Time will tell as always whether the game is fun to play or not.

I was semi-interested in the game, because A) I don't like open-world games that much, and B) I don't own a PS4 to begin with, so I'll definitely give the game a try once it's on PC, why not?

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
I do, it might not affect you right now, but it affects me.

If you find yourself down the road in the same spot I’ll be sure to return the favor.

nah i'm good

post this goofy shit in the meta thread, it doesn't belong here and i'm certain you know that

Last edited:

Blade2.0

This is why they fired Shawn Layden.
We paid for everything and you agreed to whatt? Dude doesnt giv a
F about Sonys bottom line. Who owns death stranding again?
Most people won't wait. Rise of tomb raider sold well in Xbox one in the year head start it had. Most people will buy it for PS4 long before the PC version is out.

The spoilers are already out there? Have you made it this far?

PC players have as great of a chance without being spoiled as you have already.

The game is not out yet. Once it is, there will be a shit ton of YT videos of lets play not because you are subbed to those but because they are trending videos and people want to cash in on it. I remember since FF15 / RE7 a tonof videos popping in my recommended feed with huge ass spoilers for thumbnails and END BOSS captions. You can try and filter all you want, a trending vid based on your gaming browsing on YT will show up wether you like it or not. So to wait 9 months without getting spoiled, good luck lol.

Shifty

Kagey K Kagey K You grow the fuck up and take it on the chin like a man.

But it seems like you've already bungled that with all this baby-tier whining :pie_eyeroll:

Last edited:

Barnabot

Last edited:
Top Bottom