• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding is coming to Game Pass on PC

Draugoth

Gold Member
PC Game Pass Twitter changed their profile background to a Death Stranding wallpaper

Xbox's official PC Game Pass Twitter account may be teasing the arrival of Death Stranding on PC Game Pass.

Earlier today, the account changed its profile picture to a foggy landscape featuring grassy hills and rocks. After changing the photo, the account posted, saying, "sometimes we just like a good landscape picture #NewProfilePic".

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-might-be-teasing-death-stranding-for-pc-game-pass

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
200.gif

//DEVIL//

Why wouldn't Sony publish this on pc also?
Well for once Kojima studio isn't a sony first party studio so they don't have to... Also, I do not think they were happy with the idea of the game being announced to be released on PC just a couple of months before it was released on PS4. it's like Kojima kinda gave them a finger ( not really but you know what I mean )

Last edited:
One of the most intriguing games I’ve played. Not particularly as exciting as a militaristic action game but to me it showcases Kojima’s best qualities as director. Worth at least a try. Do it!

Last edited:

KXVXII9X

*Internal Screaming*

I hope this is true. I have been meaning to buy and play this for so long. My PS4 broke right after the game came out. Been meaning to buy it on sale on Steam/Epic but if I can get it on GP, I will hold of until then.

Mr Moose

Well for once Kojima studio isn't a sony first party studio so they don't have to... Also, I do not think they were happy with the idea of the game being announced to be released on PC just a couple of months before it was released on PS4. it's like Kojima kinda gave them a finger ( not really but you know what I mean )
We knew it was coming to PC in 2015.
I don't think Sony is happy about this lol. especially since the PS5 version is not that old heh.
Do you know who owns the IP?

//DEVIL//

We knew it was coming to PC in 2015.

Do you know who owns the IP?
Sony. but I am guessing its part of an agreement between Sony and Koima to make their game a multiplatform. Sony wouldn't announce the game coming to PC before the release of the console. just to capitalize the sale on consoles first.

But you said we knew in 2015 ? care to explain ? as far as I know, Death stranding announced as a PS4 exclusive

"when was Death Stranding announced for PC?

In October 2019, it was announced that the game would be released on Microsoft Windows in mid-2020 by 505 Games, confirming rumors about a PC version that had existed as early as 2015. It was released on July 14, 2020."

Rumor = isn't a confirmation. just like millions of rumors around. Just like how the Final Fantasy 7 remake was supposed to be 1 year exclusive only. we all knew how that turned to be :/

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Sony. but I am guessing its part of an agreement between Sony and Koima to make their game a multiplatform. Sony wouldn't announce the game coming to PC before the release of the console. just to capitalize the sale on consoles first.

But you said we knew in 2015 ? care to explain ? as far as I know, Death stranding announced as a PS4 exclusive

"
when was Death Stranding announced for PC?

In October 2019, it was announced that the game would be released on Microsoft Windows in mid-2020 by 505 Games, confirming rumors about a PC version that had existed as early as 2015. It was released on July 14, 2020."

Rumor = isn't a confirmation. just like millions of rumors around.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/koji...is-also-coming-to-pc-not-silent-hill.1157909/

Kojima Productions Q&A

Q1. I heard that SCE has signed an agreement with Kojima Productions, a studio newly formed by Hideo Kojima. What are the specifics of the agreement?
Kojima Productions has agreed to develop its first software title as a console exclusive to PS4. We do not disclose further details.

Q2. When was the agreement signed?
We have announced immediately after the contract was signed, Wednesday, Dec 16, 2015.

Q3. Does this mean Kojima Productions now belongs under SCE WWS?
No, it is an independent studio.

Q4. Is SCE making an investment in Kojima Productions? What is the total cost of the agreement? Is it incorporated in the G&NS forecast? How much impact will this have to Sony's overall operating performance?
SCE is not investing in Kojima Productions. Cost of the contract is undisclosed. Cost is already incorporated. Impact is minimal.

Q5. Why is Kojima Productions bringing their very first software to PS4 as a console exclusive? How did it come about?
Kojima is an extremely creative and passionate game designer who has made countless contributions to PlayStation and the gaming industry. By having Kojima develop his first independent title to PS4, we believe that we can deliver completely new gaming experiences made possibly only by Kojima, to gaming fans worldwide. We are not disclosing further details on how this agreement was realized.

Q6. What other platforms will Kojima's first independent title be available on, besides PS4?
The title is planned to become available on PC (after PS4).

Q7. How long is the exclusivity?
We are not disclosing details.

Q8. Will Kojima's second title (and beyond) not be PlayStation console exclusives?
We announced an agreement regarding Kojima's first title, and SCE cannot comment on titles beyond that.

Q9. Does this have anything to do with Hideo Kojima not attending the PS Award on Dec 3?
Who will attend the PS Award ceremony is decided by the publisher and SCE cannot comment on anything further.

Q10. Will your relationship with Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. be affected by this agreement?
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. will remain one of SCE's most important publishers, and our relationship with them will not change.

In regards to the first title of Kojima Productions:

Q11. What will the first title be about?
It will be something completely new. We have nothing further to announce at this point in time.

Q12. Will the title have something to do with the METAL GEAR series?
No. It will be something completely new.
METAL GEAR is a title from Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.

Q13. Will the title have something to do with the cancelled Silent Hills sequel?
No. It will be something completely new.
Silent Hill is a title from Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.

Q14. Are there any possibilities for the title to support PS VR?
We have nothing to announce at this point in time. We will announce further details of the title when ready.

Q15. Are there any possibilities for the title to become available on PS Vita?
We have nothing to announce at this point in time. We will announce further details of the title when ready.

Q16. When will the title become available? Will it be available worldwide?

Q17. Will SCE WWS and Kojima Productions develop the first title together?
The software title will be developed by Kojima Productions, but SCE will provide support as necessary.

Q18. Which company will publish the first title?
SCE will be the publisher.

Q19. Will the title's copyright belong to SCE?
We have nothing to announce at this point in time. We will announce further details when ready.

Q20. Will all future titles developed by Kojima Productions be released on PS4?
We announced an agreement regarding Kojima's first title, and SCE cannot comment on titles beyond that.

Q21. Will Kojima Productions develop titles for other platforms while working on the PS4 console exclusive title?

Q22. Are there any possibilities for the title to be released on the next generation platform?
Kojima Productions has agreed to bring their very first software to PS4 as a console exclusive. We do not disclose further details.

<KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS>

Q23. How many staff?
Details are not disclosed.

Q24. Is the studio headquartered in Japan? What is the address?
Yes, headquarter is in Japan. Address is not disclosed

Q25. Can you tell me further details of Kojima Productions?
Please contact Kojima Productions for further details.

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
Interesting, I wonder if it’s getting a windows store release then? The recent Ubi games and EA games redirect to those launchers but this is only on Steam and Epic right?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Man, if this happens it would be really weird to play the game through Gamepass, start the game and see this:
9JPzEIn.png

What a time to be alive, lol

To be fair, the MLB games already starts like that .

Also, MS content planning manager being cheeky. I guess we can file this as all but officially announced.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
This game isn’t for everyone, I LOVED Mud Runner so this was like that but a more connected experience really. It’s also a shame the shooting in the boss stages is so awful, it really didn’t need to be that bad. The story was great though. It actually felt a little nice to help people out too.

Not every game needs to focus on KILL KILL KILL, the real issue was Kojima’s previous work and this was so different so people that bought this hoping secretly for MGS even though they were told it WAS NOT MGS were completely pissed off and gave the game an unending hate parad.

I just hope if they ever can make a sequel they put deformable terrain into it.

Chukhopops

Played it on PS5, loved it.

My advice is to not spend too much time doing side deliveries in order not to burn yourself out. The big payoff is at the end with one of the most memorable sequence of events ever created but the gameplay can be a bit thin and repetitive.

reksveks

Is Sony going to publishing the deviation and firewalk games on pc or are they going to leave themselves open to this happening again?

It doesn't really matter but it is kinda interesting.

Top Bottom