• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding is coming to Game Pass on PC

reksveks

The store is what's important to MS and if there is a hardware platform that MS is allowed legally to funnel users to the store without real competition then they will keep it.

But now moving on.

Jormatar

Death Stranding is very satisfying and unique game. Hopefully by it coming to GP more people are going to give it a chance.

yazenov

Makes sense for Kojima as the game is already out for PC and no porting cost required. I guess they got most of the sales from actual buyers and now they will get that MS Gamepass money. Win Win.

This makes more sense than putting games on Gamepass day one for 3rd party publishers.

Last edited:

drezz

Kinda upsetting it's on gamepass before PSN+Essential yet.
I want that duelsense gameplay already! But I aint paying thoose priceses for it.
Guess I can pick it up during sale come christmas?

Darsxx82

Not on Xbox game pass?

WTF

PC gets all Xbox game pass games but Xbox don't get PC game pass?

At this point MS should quit console business
Not all games that are released on XboxGamepass are on PCGamepass. Death Stranding does not have an Xbox console version because there simply is no such version.

It is better to get informed before... or to get better information... or to want to get better information 😉

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Man, if this happens it would be really weird to play the game through Gamepass, start the game and see this:
9JPzEIn.png

What a time to be alive, lol

Don’t they already have their baseball game on Xbox and Switch?

Skifi28

Say that it does come, what's so special about it? Sony is releasing their games on PC and even gamepass on Xbox already has a Sony game.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Yeah, no thx. I would rather farm the Baron Rivendare mount with a drop chance of like 0,1% in World of Warcraft before i install this boring piece of trash again.
I go baron rivendares mount, and I can confirm I would do it again.

Three

Seems like Sony published the game on consoles while 505 published the game on PC.

So 505 has the ability to allow the game to release on GamePass for PC. Sony has the ability to allow the game to release on GamePass for consoles.

505 will allow it. Sony won’t.
Sony had to allow this on PC too. The main reason is that an xbox version of this game doesn't exist. It's a console exclusive and Sony would not develop this game and the Decima engine for xbox, that would be stupid.

Jormatar

Kinda upsetting it's on gamepass before PSN+Essential yet.
I want that duelsense gameplay already! But I aint paying thoose priceses for it.
Guess I can pick it up during sale come christmas?
I mean it's on PS Plus Extra. Isn't that pretty much the same thing?

I am currently playing the game on PS5 through Extra. DualSense implemention is great but besides the obvious 60 FPS upgrade, the best next gen feature of this game is the ultra wide option. You can see show much more stuff on the screen and you don't even need ultra wide monitor to use this feature. That surprised me, I thought you needed a ultra wide monitor to support these kind of features so I didn't really care about it at first.

Pedro Motta

Great, Death Stranding is a masterpiece of a generation, should be played by everyone.

I just hope all of those that talked shit about the game can now appreciate it without the added pressure.

And Gamepass needed a AAA like this for some time.

Does the game respect your time or is it bloated?
You will feel like an Amazon delivery driver in the apocalypse without a car. The triggers are used for leaning left or right as you take one step at a time. You should expect to go into this with the patience of a saint. It also starts exceptionally slow, even by this game's standards. Then there's long cutscenes as well.

I've heard enough people gush about the game after it gets going that I genuinely do believe them that it gets good eventually. But I bailed after about 4 hours. One of these days I'll give it another shot.

Last edited:
The one game I have been hearing conflicting opinions about, and which I am yet to try for myself. I am really not that into Kojima's writing "style", which combines the worst of Hollwood cliched situations and anime pseudo-metaphysical gibberish, but I appreciate him being a rather unique voice...Wish it did not make my ears bleed repeatedly. 😑
Good for PC gamepass subscribers, I guess?

Last edited:

Orbital2060

Cant you just stream the pc game to the xbox?

If its on game pass it should be on cloud. But maybe there is some restriction there, or controller issues if it doesnt recognise controllers without going into the menus.

ClosBSAS

Lmao I knew ERA was dumb but holy shit...this thread over there is fucking full of idiots thinking it's hell lade or starfield and saying Ds could never come to PC gamepass lmao.

reksveks

If its on game pass it should be on cloud. But maybe there is some restriction there, or controller issues if it doesnt recognise controllers without going into the menus.
There is a wireless display app on xbox so you can do it that way.

They do plan to enable pc games on xCloud but it might be too early and suspect there might be some commercial issues

nikolino840

There's no Cloud version on PC only games on console/mobile... don't know about streaming on PC

nikolino840

There is a wireless display app on xbox so you can do it that way.

They do plan to enable pc games on xCloud but it might be too early and suspect there might be some commercial issues
But Is not via cloud true? If you have a potato PC you can't do nothing

reksveks

But Is not via cloud true? If you have a potato PC you can't do nothing
At the moment, yeah, you would need a decent pc.

PC games running on remote hardware isn't yet a thing though they have mentioned it as a possibility. I personally don't need it too but can see how it would be really great for some devices.

ClosBSAS

This is PC only...505 has publishing rights even if Sony does own IP they can't go making animes and DS2 but with an agreement they can out it on PC gamepass, not on Xbox. Why is it so hard to believe?

Top Bottom