• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding is coming to Game Pass on PC

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
You will feel like an Amazon delivery driver in the apocalypse without a car. The triggers are used for leaning left or right as you take one step at a time. You should expect to go into this with the patience of a saint. It also starts exceptionally slow, even by this game's standards. Then there's long cutscenes as well.

I've heard enough people gush about the game after it gets going that I genuinely do believe them that it gets good eventually. But I bailed after about 4 hours. One of these days I'll give it another shot.

OMG that sounds horrible, but then I am not a patient person. I think it's probably a decent get for PC Game Pass players that want to play it. It seems like a lot of people really like the game.

Kokoloko85

Why should it change? How many people do you know that called it Walking Sim and love it now? I know what you mean and that works both sides, but it's not even coming to Xbox just to Pc.

Because people are biased fanboys. Ive already seen it lol. It works both ways Im not denying it

JackMcGunns

So the like 8 people that haven't played it yet will be happy I guess.

BA5-FE102-DA1-B-45-FE-B75-F-262657471308.gif

It all counts lol
Nope. The entire point of console war Twitter is to be the most obnoxious console warrior you can possibly be. Nobody there is an actual person with congruent thoughts. So no, it doesn't count. If you want to make your point, find a real person who "changed their mind".

rofif

Banned
OMG that sounds horrible, but then I am not a patient person. I think it's probably a decent get for PC Game Pass players that want to play it. It seems like a lot of people really like the game.
Don't listen to them.
It' the best, most innovative, unique game recently. At least it's not just another fkn shooter. We should cherish that.
Just look at this game! If you don't have to, you don't need to walk too much.
You can drive multiple vehicles and use other means of deliveries and devices.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Nope. The entire point of console war Twitter is to be the most obnoxious console warrior you can possibly be. Nobody there is an actual person with congruent thoughts. So no, it doesn't count. If you want to make your point, find a real person who "changed their mind".

Ok your right, no1 has changed there mind on this topic…… and twitter people aren’t actual people anymore

Kerotan

For whatever reason they didn't choose to pick up the PC version and 505 Publishing took over that versions publishing rights.

The same extended to the Director's Cut, so if this is coming to game pass, it'll be via 505 games, not Sony.
Yeah I'd say Sony of today regret not publishing it. They're much more pro pc now.

yamaci17

i wonder if it will support full dualsense support like it does on Steam
playing this game with adaptive triggers / haptic feedback was a great experience.

yamaci17

Holy shit, nearly picked up the directors cut the other day!

This is perfection. Will give it a go.
lol lucky u
i purchased game
1 month later they announced pc release of directors cut
i decided to wait
paid extra for upgrade for dualsense + directors goodies
completed the game just 2 weeks ago
now it hits game pass

LMAO

Hey y'all I was the sacrificial lamb for this game to land on game pass lol

i'm not mad more people should experience thismasterpiece

Last edited:

Chukhopops

You will feel like an Amazon delivery driver in the apocalypse without a car. The triggers are used for leaning left or right as you take one step at a time. You should expect to go into this with the patience of a saint. It also starts exceptionally slow, even by this game's standards. Then there's long cutscenes as well.

I've heard enough people gush about the game after it gets going that I genuinely do believe them that it gets good eventually. But I bailed after about 4 hours. One of these days I'll give it another shot.
After a couple hours you also get vehicles, exoskeletons and other things to improve mobility but the main draw for me was that you could collaborate with others to change the world map by building infrastructure like bridges, jump ramps, ladders, ropes, zip lines, cannons to shoot packages, roads etc.

There’s a sense of conquering the world and rebuilding the civilization which is completely unique and also integrated to the story itself.

That said I fully understand and respect why people hate it, it’s not for everyone and can be repetitive. But there’s more to it than just walking and balancing.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Don't listen to them.
It' the best, most innovative, unique game recently. At least it's not just another fkn shooter. We should cherish that.
Just look at this game! If you don't have to, you don't need to walk too much.
You can drive multiple vehicles and use other means of deliveries and devices.

After a couple hours you also get vehicles, exoskeletons and other things to improve mobility but the main draw for me was that you could collaborate with others to change the world map by building infrastructure like bridges, jump ramps, ladders, ropes, zip lines, cannons to shoot packages, roads etc.

There’s a sense of conquering the world and rebuilding the civilization which is completely unique and also integrated to the story itself.

That said I fully understand and respect why people hate it, it’s not for everyone and can be repetitive. But there’s more to it than just walking and balancing.
Completely agreed with the both of you. When the game and story opens up, it's literally like "a whole new game."

But I can also see it not being for everyone. Especially the style of games we've been conditioned with over the past 2 decades. Those who seek out obscure Indy games for unique innovations to gameplay and story telling may have more of an appreciation for it.

Last edited:
Lol no.
Im just gonna pretend you guys are right and that no1 has changed there mind since the news
Kokolores, you look really weird with your tail between you legs. Making accusations and not backing them up. Sit back down you failed your team.

Do we have anything more to go by than the Twitter post?

Kokoloko85

No problem i get your dignity is too high to admit you are wrong.

Easier to say no then admit there aren't any to quote.
No its just simply cant be bothered to go and look at stuff. Im too lazy.
Im not saying Its everyone, Ive seen a couple of people on twitter etc, its not really a big deal

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
No its just simply cant be bothered to go and look at stuff. Im too lazy.
Im not saying Its everyone, Ive seen a couple of people on twitter etc, its not really a big deal
And you know these people are the same people who first say death Stranding was bad?

Fbh

Cool.
The game is very unique and while it can be fun it's definitely not for everyone, so this is a good chance for Gamepass subscribers to check it out and see if it clicks with them.

Personally I liked the unique world, plot and characters but I never got too much into the actual gameplay. I actually think they could have cut back on the action and done more with the traversal. It felt like it was often too easy to reach the destination just going in a straight line. I'd have liked to have to do more route planning and going through places where I have to make smart use of my tools and gadgets to reach the destination.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Ya I really didn't..'get'.. This game.

I wanted to like it a lot more because how often do you get truly original AAA games but honestly it was not for me.

Top Bottom