• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding is coming to Game Pass on PC

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
W4p3qGR.png

What "Majority" are you talking about here?
The majority of people who didn't enjoy it in the first place.

Stop twisting my words and show me evidence that people who didn't like it before now likes it because its on game pass.

I know why you avoid it because you can't prove it.

Topher

Gold Member

Stop twisting my words and show me evidence that people who didn't like it before now likes it because its on game pass.

But you said the majority hated the game. Seems like you need proof of that as well. I do agree though that saying the same people love the game now who hated it before is a faulty argument. I see folks say stuff like that all the time and it is a bit absurd.

Last edited:

The_Mike

But you said the majority hated the game. Seems like you need proof of that as well. I do agree though that saying the same people love the game now who hated it before is a faulty argument. I see folks say stuff like that all the time and it is a bit absurd.

Learn to read.

There were lots of people in here criticizing the game on Gaf.

The MAJORITY I talk about, is in the majority who disliked the game in the first place, still dislike it.

What a handful people say here is that the same people who disliked the game suddenly does, which there is no proof of.

Topher

Gold Member
Learn to read.

There were lots of people in here criticizing the game on Gaf.

The MAJORITY I talk about, is in the majority who disliked the game in the first place, still dislike it.

What a handful people say here is that the same people who disliked the game suddenly does, which there is no proof of.

That's not what you said. If that is what you meant then fine. But you can drop your juvenile "learn to read" bullshit when you are the one who isn't being clear.

Because not everyone hated it. But the majority did. And still does.

The_Mike

That's not what you said. If that is what you meant then fine. But you can drop your juvenile "learn to read" bullshit when you are the one who isn't being clear.

Funny, why don't you quote my whole post and actually read it?

You assume that people on twitter that may find it interesting now on twitter also said it was shit when it wasn't on GP..

Can you show some evidence? Did you look at their post history and saw they hated it before.

Because this is about people who said it was shit before GP and now finds it great only because it hits the service.

It's a bold claim, and I'd like to know how you keep track record on it.

Because not everyone hated it. But the majority did. And still does.
You take the last sentence straight out of context.

Mephisto40

You really are trying way to hard to get people to not like this game aren't you

You said the majority of people hated the game, the evidence is there that the majority liked it

Those review are for the base ps4 version, not the updated version, those are the people that played the game "in the first place"

It seems like you are twisting your own words to fit this stupid agenda you are peddling

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Funny, why don't you quote my whole post and actually read it?

You take the last sentence straight out of context.

No, you just worded it poorly. You've got four standalone sentences and that last sentence is talking about "everyone" without qualifiers. Again, if that isn't what you meant then fine.

Last edited:

The_Mike

No, you just worded it poorly. You've got four standalone sentences and that last sentence is talking about "everyone" without qualifiers. Again, if that isn't what you meant then fine.
Not my fault you assume the last sentence in my post suddenly should be about something else than my entire post.

The_Mike

You really are trying way to hard to get people to not like this game aren't you

You said the majority of people hated the game, the evidence is there that the majority liked it

Those review are for the base ps4 version, not the updated version, those are the people that played the game "in the first place"

It seems like you are twisting your own words to fit this stupid agenda you are peddling
I don't care about reviews for the game.

I am talking about the person I quoted in the first place, that people disliked it only because it wasn't on xbox, and now everyone loves it because it is.

Don't expect a reply again with your clown attitude.

Mephisto40

I don't care about reviews for the game.

I am talking about the person I quoted in the first place, that people disliked it only because it wasn't on xbox, and now everyone loves it because it is.

Don't expect a reply again with your clown attitude.
There really is no need to speak to people the way you are

People need to calm down a bit. Both "sides".
I'm sure very few people would have predicted Death Stranding ever appearing in the Xbox ecosystem. This gives more people a chance to see if it's as good as some people say or if it's a borefest like some people think.
I surely will try it with my subscription. Kojima games are often hit or miss for me. Most of the times I like the gameplay but the convoluted and messy storytelling turns me off

ClosBSAS

Lol it still baffles me ppl were in so much denial about this coming. Good get, great game . Starts out slow but it gets a lot better, plus, if u use trainers, u can run full speed across the map, it's great.

onesvenus

Sony. but I am guessing its part of an agreement between Sony and Koima to make their game a multiplatform. Sony wouldn't announce the game coming to PC before the release of the console. just to capitalize the sale on consoles first.

Sony had to allow this on PC too.

And sony also blocked it from streaming on Nvidia to xbox so if they wanted to block it from gamepass they would. 505 isn’t going to make an enemy out of Sony, they aren’t the MLB lol

Even if by some chance they found a legal loophole in the contract that allowed it, do you realize how bad that would be for their business to go against a platform holder? A lot of people project a weird narrative that sony is being bullied by these small publishers or they’re doing the bullying

Look how many fanboys were wrong again:

“Matters relating to the PC release of Death Stranding are managed by Kojima Productions and 505 Games. SIE has no involvement in this promotion.”

Three

Look how many fanboys were wrong again:

“Matters relating to the PC release of Death Stranding are managed by Kojima Productions and 505 Games. SIE has no involvement in this promotion.”

[/URL][/URL]
Look at the fanboy getting upset about nothing.

“SIE has no involvement in this promotion.”

No shit it has no involvement in its promotion. It however owns the IP and has allowed this to come to PC and be offered on other services.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Doesn’t mean they couldn’t have blocked it

It literally says they have no involvement and the matters relating to the PC version are solely at Koji Pro and 505's discretion. They may have tried, but they have no standing to block this version it seems.

“Matters relating to the PC release of Death Stranding are managed by Kojima Productions and 505 Games,” a spokesperson told us. “SIE has no involvement in this promotion.”

onesvenus

Look at the fanboy getting upset about nothing.

“SIE has no involvement in this promotion.”

No shit it has no involvement in its promotion. It however owns the IP and has allowed this to come to PC and be offered on other services.
So you can't read, ok.

"Matters relating to the PC release of Death Stranding are managed by Kojima Productions and 505 Games"

It literally says they have no involvement and the matters relating to the PC version are solely at Koji Pro and 505's discretion. They may have tried, but they have no standing to block this version it seems.

If their IP they can do whatever tehy want with it. It’s prob not worth the effort for a game that already hit max sales saturation if anything it may get more people to buy death stranding 2

Three

So you can't read, ok.

"Matters relating to the PC release of Death Stranding are managed by Kojima Productions and 505 Games"
I think maybe you can't read

Does not mean that they didn't allow a PC release and distribution to other services of their IP and engine. The fact that 505 Games and Koji Pro are managing its PC release does not mean that Sony did not allow that in their contract.

Topher

Gold Member
505 Games owns the publishing rights to Death Stranding on PC so it follows that Sony wouldn't have any involvement with that. As far as the IP is concerned, the only thing we know is that Sony owns the Death Stranding trademark. Obviously, Sony agreed to give 505 permission to use that trademark, but there is a lot more to IP than just a trademark and I'm sure all of it is clearly defined as to who owns what in the contract. Beyond that, it doesn't appear Sony is involved in the game outside of consoles. As far as we know Sony agreed to give 505 full discretion when it comes to whatever PC store or service. And so here we are and the game is on Game Pass. It is what it is.

Last edited:

onesvenus

I think maybe you can't read
Love it how after telling me I can't read you like a message saying:
"505 Games owns the publishing rights to Death Stranding on PC so it follows that Sony wouldn't have any involvement with that"

This forum would be much better without blinded fanboys

Mr Moose

MLB: The Show "MLB said Sony has to make shit for other consoles, also put it on Game Pass"
Death Stranding "Sony has no say! They just own the IP!"

adamsapple

505 Games owns the publishing rights to Death Stranding on PC so it follows that Sony wouldn't have any involvement with that. As far as the IP is concerned, the only thing we know is that Sony owns the Death Stranding trademark. Obviously, Sony agreed to give 505 permission to use that trademark, but there is a lot more to IP than just a trademark and I'm sure all of it is clearly defined as to who owns what in the contract. Beyond that, it doesn't appear Sony is involved in the game outside of consoles. As far as we know Sony agreed to give 505 full discretion when it comes to whatever PC store or service. And so here we are and the game is on Game Pass. It is what it is.

HjGadWV.gif

Three

Love it how after telling me I can't read you like a message saying:
"505 Games owns the publishing rights to Death Stranding on PC so it follows that Sony wouldn't have any involvement with that"

This forum would be much better without blinded fanboys
Because you don't seem to understand the difference between having no involvement and allowing. Having no involvement means they don't manage or promote the PC version of the game but they as the IP owner, engine owner and trademark holder having signed the contract for Koji Pro and 505 publishing gave them the right to distribute and promote it on PC as they wish. i.e. allowed it.

It's fucking hilarious that you xbox fanboys think Sony is blocking every third party ip that hasn't come to gamepass yet think they would have had no power to allow or disapprove something on their own IP and trademark.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Because you don't seem to understand the difference between having no involvement and allowing. Having no involvement means they don't manage or promote the PC version of the game but they as the IP owner, engine owner and trademark holder having signed the contract for Koji Pro and 505 publishing gave them the right to distribute and promote it on PC as they wish. i.e. allowed it.

It's fucking hilarious that you xbox fanboys think Sony is blocking every third party ip that hasn't come to gamepass yet think they would have had no power to allow or disapprove something on their own IP and trademark.

Damn man don't get so worked up over small things like this, more people get to play the game, everyone wins .

Goalus

Calm down.
Just imagine your feelings if it were the director's cut that comes to Game Pass, and all of a sudden you will feel better.

There are a lot of people in this thread who found comfort in the fact that it is not the DC and will therefore still be able to (somewhat) enjoy their week-end.

Others tried to cheer themselves up by assuming that everybody interested in the game has already bought it - those may also be able to sleep well in the coming days.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Calm down.
Just imagine your feelings if it were the director's cut that comes to Game Pass, and all of a sudden you will feel better. There are a lot of people in this thread who found comfort in the fact that it is not the DC and will therefore still be able to (somewhat) enjoy their week-end.

Realistically speaking, it'll probably get the upgrade path sooner or later.

Orbital2060

Realistically speaking, it'll probably get the upgrade path sooner or later.
If you mean the Directors Cut I doibt it just because I think thats a Sony thing. Like Ghost of Tsushima DC.

And to which Kojima responded that he doesnt like to use the term directors cut because it implies that something was cut or unfinished. So when given the chance like now with 505 I dont think Kojipro would use the term DC at all. It sounds like it was something enforced by Sony and not what they wanted.

Last edited:

sendit

Microsoft needs to release Starfield before I resubscribe to Gamepass PC. Death Stranding won't make me subscribe to any gaming service.

Last edited:

Three

Damn man don't get so worked up over small things like this, more people get to play the game, everyone wins .
I'm not really getting worked up. Was just replying to an xbox guy who was upset over nothing. Saying Sony allowed a PC version somehow resulted in being called a fanboy and told I can't read and ban requesting me but it's cool. I get that I have triggered some people by mentioning xbox fanboys in my previous post and that's led to some regulars taking offense.
Calm down.
Just imagine your feelings if it were the director's cut that comes to Game Pass, and all of a sudden you will feel better.

There are a lot of people in this thread who found comfort in the fact that it is not the DC and will therefore still be able to (somewhat) enjoy their week-end.

Others tried to cheer themselves up by assuming that everybody interested in the game has already bought it - those may also be able to sleep well in the coming days.

I get it, I said "you xbox fanboys" and that somehow triggered you to respond to me but considering I've not mentioned anything about directors cut or people who bought the game here I don't see how what you're saying has to do with me.

If anything it's people who had no interest in the game before all of a sudden finding some comfort and a lot of interest it's coming to gamepass:

Holy shit they gave Death Stranding a 35 ?

It's a boring AF game and all but that's brutal :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I on the other hand am just happy there will be a sudden influx of more PC folk to connect with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom