• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding No Longer Listed As A PS4 Exclusive

Wimbledon

If this comes to PC.

Death Stranding
Halo infinite
Elden Ring

I mean i have everything i want really. No point getting a console , well other than the switch which has SSB and breath of the wild.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
so? It still can be released on XBOX. Its just an engine.

It is a Sony proprietary engine, published by Sony, and Sony owns the trademark/IP.

Best you will get is PC, not Xbox.

Last edited:

Isa

Gold Member
Sorry to interject but doesn't Man of Medan use the Decima Engine as well? I assumed since it looks so similar but I guess they could have gotten a new engine to use.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sorry to interject but doesn't Man of Medan use the Decima Engine as well? I assumed since it looks so similar but I guess they could have gotten a new engine to use.

No, uses Unreal 4.

The first thing some people noticed were that the animations (especially the facial ones) are not as sharp as Until Dawn/Decima. Which that can be improved on I am sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Isa

Gold Member
No, uses Unreal 4.

The first thing some people noticed were that the animations (especially the facial ones) are not as sharp as Until Dawn/Decima. Which that can be improved on I am sure.
Interesting, thanks for the info. I'm somewhat surprised they were able to make the game look so similar to their previous efforts, but I guess their artists prefer that same style.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Interesting, thanks for the info. I'm somewhat surprised they were able to make the game look so similar to their previous efforts, but I guess their artists prefer that same style.

Yeah, I am definitely looking forward to it. The name alone intrigues me.

Reactions: Isa

Vawn

Banned
Ya I'm expecting this on xbox and pc in a year

Is this like how "Super" Street Fighter 5 came to Xbox a year after the original SF5 released? I don't remember that happening, but Xbox fans guaranteed me that would happen, so it must have.

Last edited:

kyoji

ezgif-1-a0f6e2139da3.gif

i9aNygY.gif

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Is this like how "Super" Street Fighter 5 came to Xbox a year after the original SF5 released? I don't remember that happening, but Xbox fans guaranteed me that would happen, so it must have.
da hell... there's a street fighter 5 on xbox?

I wouldn't buy it, only play fighting games on ps4 or pc...but still...this is news to me

Vawn

Banned
da hell... there's a street fighter 5 on xbox?

I wouldn't buy it, only play fighting games on ps4 or pc...but still...this is news to me

I was told there was a small number of people incapable of understanding sarcasm, but I never believed it before today.

hunthunt

Banned
AFAIK it was known from the very beggining (or rumored at least) that it was coming to PC down the line?

Xbox is completely impossible unless Kojima managed to do some strange contract where he could use Sony equipment and money and still be multiplatform.. which just seems impossible.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Why would Xbox fans celebrate a PS4/PS5 game coming to PC by calling it "losing an exclusive"? If they don't consider games being on PC as being exclusive, what exactly does Xbox have?

NickFire

I still consider exclusive and console exclusive to be the same thing. I blame the damn cell phone thinga majingies for mucking up the whole conversation. Ever since Farmville players were considered gamers, words have lost all meaning.

Why would Xbox fans celebrate a PS4/PS5 game coming to PC by calling it "losing an exclusive"? If they don't consider games being on PC as being exclusive, what exactly does Xbox have?
Because Xbox and Playstation exclusives are different.
All Xbox games are on PC.
Playstation exclusives are console only in the eyes of Sony

Vawn

Banned
That's not a spin. That's a factual reality.
LMAO. Is Mario Kart not a Nintendo exclusive, because it's on Wii U and Switch?

So you're seriously saying:
XBox + PC = Exclusive
PlayStation + PC = Not Exclusive

Let me guess, Cuphead:
Xbox + PC + Switch = Exclusive

Dragon Quest
PS4 + PC + Switch = Not Exclusive

Sure, that's not changing the narrative for your own perspective.

What about true PC exclusives? Would you like to call those Xbox games too? Maybe we can call Valve a Microsoft first-party studio?

FranXico

Sure, that's not changing the narrative for your own perspective.

What about true PC exclusives? Would you like to call those Xbox games too? Maybe we can call Valve a Microsoft first-party studio?
Note that some people view PC as Microsofts platform, because of Windows.

That's not a spin. That's a factual reality.
LMAO. Is Mario Kart not a Nintendo exclusive, because it's on Wii U and Switch?

windows 10 =/ xbox
yakuza came out on steam and no xbox. Game is only on pc and ps4.

an operating system is not the equivalent of a console. Not hard to understand.
It would be somewhat comparable if we were talking about the windows 10 store.

Top Bottom