• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding - November 8-2019

spartan30gr

Here we go :messenger_sunglasses:

image_death_stranding-41277-3637_0001.jpg

giphy.gif
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I'm hoping the game and subsequent score includes the cues from the following; and that they're not just for the trailers: and

They're really atmospheric.

to bad... the scores will be because the hype of kojima and marketing... i bet all you want that will put 9.5 to 10... but in the end ... the game is 8 of score

For some reason I'm unable to see it. If it's an image on the moon I was reading it was confirmed fake.
You know, the Reddit thread on this mentioned the moon is a mirrored image but so is the Ludens statue.

61ROyzCYB2L._SY450_.jpg

Both the helmet light and the gold pieces on the backpack should appear on the right side.

Ludens-Face.jpg

Bullet Club

The whole world is long awaited.
This is an unprecedented gaming experience created by Hideo Kojima at PlayStaion®4.
With the outbreak of Death Stranding, people and cities were torn and divided. The unconnected human race was in danger of destruction.
Sam Porter Bridges goes on a mission to carry the "future" for those who are isolated and unable to move. What is Death Stranding? What does Sam carry and what do he connect?
The development of the shock awaits ahead of the game experience that exceeds the expectation.
Including Norman Reedus, who plays the main character Sam Bridges, Mattz Mikkelsen, Leah Sedu, Lindsay Wagner and other world-renowned actors, the world's best actors will perform. #PS4 #DEATHSTRANDING #小島秀夫

scalman

Im curious whats his engine modifications will work there and look. But first come outer worlds this will wait after.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I am torn between wanting to follow this with the community when it comes out and not wanting to get spoiled. I’ve been seeing some spoiler places around online and I’m like nope, I’ll watch a Koji leaked video but I want to go into this at least somewhat fresh.

Breakage

After seeing that recent Norman Reedus interview, it has me wondering whether he will be on board for future entries. The guy sounded sort of burned out by the work required for DS. I suppose that's the issue with hiring famous actors and actresses – you have to hope that they will on board for the sequels (unless, of course, you plan to change the lineup with each entry).

Kojima could make multiple MGS games without ever having to worry about whether Snake or Big Boss was “available” – because these characters weren't real people. He can't do the same with DS. If he wants Reedus on board for the next, say, four DS games, what if Reedus refuses or can't commit? Surely that would mean the character's arc just abruptly ends.

mortal

Gold Member
No it doesn't.
It's already been confirmed to be fake lol

You're telling me that looks legitimate to you, seriously? There are a number of Ludens figurines and statues for sale that can be used to photoshop that screenshot. Also by the time that "screen shot" was posted review copies were just being sent out. Why would someone take such a deliberately low quality photo when there is a button to literally dedicated to taking screen shoots on the controller itself?

Nothing about the HUD is indicative of end game progress or gear, or abilities. With all of the direct feed gameplay footage I can recreate that basic HUD in Adobe illustrator or Photoshop no problem in as much as 10 minutes. The moon environment is so basic and generic you can find a similar image from any stock site, also:
toFoncA.png

Last edited:
Want to have it preloaded but I'm a kojima mark so I'll unfortunately have to wait till my 200 le comes in I'm STRONGLY considering trading my pro in to get le pro as well pros are going for 250 so 200 extra isn't really breaking the bank

#Phonepunk#

Banned
omg i can't wait for this. i really loved MGSV and feel like Kojima improves with every game he makes. im so hyped.

it looks so sick. i could look just walk around looking at the moss in this game for ~24 hours.

McCheese

Just had a coffee with someone reviewing this here in the UK.

Fucking oof, she's not enjoying it at all. Some story elements really upset her too, if she had to score it right now she said it was maybe a 5/10.

Just a heads up for folks on the fence about pre-ordering, but at least the embargo is nice and early so maybe wait and see for a wider consensus.

Would go into more details but will wait for a spoiler thread.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
After seeing that recent Norman Reedus interview, it has me wondering whether he will be on board for future entries. The guy sounded sort of burned out by the work required for DS. I suppose that's the issue with hiring famous actors and actresses – you have to hope that they will on board for the sequels (unless, of course, you plan to change the lineup with each entry).

Kojima could make multiple MGS games without ever having to worry about whether Snake or Big Boss was “available” – because these characters weren't real people. He can't do the same with DS. If he wants Reedus on board for the next, say, four DS games, what if Reedus refuses or can't commit? Surely that would mean the character's arc just abruptly ends.

It's like that for all movie producers. But I'm sure it's something Kojima had thought alot about before he casted the actors.

Sorry fellow GAF-ers, I'm going to have to boycott this games release, no funds spare for it right now. At least due to this I get a chance to see if the game was just overhyped and is dull or if it's actually the second coming of Kojima we all want.

Breakage

It's like that for all movie producers. But I'm sure it's something Kojima had thought alot about before he casted the actors.
I really wonder if he has. I mean films don't have stuff like DLC – each entry is a “one and done” production in that regard.
It will be interesting to see how many of the famous actors and actresses stick around for future sequels.

The_Mike

I really wonder if he has. I mean films don't have stuff like DLC – each entry is a “one and done” production in that regard.
It will be interesting to see how many of the famous actors and actresses stick around for future sequels.

Well... Dlc can also be done by the time the games is done, and chopped off to sell later. Especially likely in cases like this.

Breakage

Well... Dlc can also be done by the time the games is done, and chopped off to sell later. Especially likely in cases like this.
Yeah, true. Kojima being Kojima likely has some big ambitions for expanding DS beyond the first game (I'm sure he recently said he wants multiple games). But if he wants Sam Bridges to be as iconic as Snake or Big Boss, he will have to hope that Reedus will continue to commit to future projects. Reedus also lends his voice to the character too, which only further makes his involvement integral to the realisation of Sam Bridges.

They have his digital likeness captured, they use a different dude for MoCap and hire a soundalike, probably save a fortune to boot :)
Personally I think using famous actors was a bad idea. I mean what does it really add beyond the name? Nate Drake, Solid Snake and Roy Campbell don't exist in real life, but they are believable characters.
Now character consistency in the Death Stranding universe is gonna depend on a bunch of people who can easily say no to future projects and not have to worry about losing much.

Last edited:

The_Mike

The whole way Kojima has marketed and created this game, if say that it's his hope to get into Hollywood and leaving gaming behind.

imsosleepy

Man I absolutely can not wait for this game to come out. But I think we will see alot of players hate the game due to to much walking and traveling long distances and they wil hate on it hard unlike with Zelda.
And a group wil hate the extreme long cut scenes. This game wil have hours of cutscenes I'm sure of it. I wil love it but so many salty people wil come and hate on it

5olid_5nake

Personally my most anticipated game of the year. Can't wait for the steelbook to arrive. Doom Eternal was DS's best competitor in that regard, but unfortunately it got pushed to next year.

Sweetloaf

Personally I think using famous actors was a bad idea. I mean what does it really add beyond the name? Nate Drake, Solid Snake and Roy Campbell don't exist in real life, but they are believable characters.
Now character consistency in the Death Stranding universe is gonna depend on a bunch of people who can easily say no to future projects and not have to worry about losing much.

I'd agree, but it'd be easy to use his likeness in sequels without his input. I also think it's quite immersion breaking to have such an easily recognisable face from another entertainment medium. I couldn't help but cringe at Keanu's appearance in Cyberpunk. Kojima is the big name that will sell this game.

Still not buying it til I know what the hell it's like :)

Javthusiast

Banned
Dan from GB dropping hints that he bounced off hard from this game from what I read.

Considering his love for mgs, because of all the goofy shit and the action I kinda expected that Death Stranding with a much slower approach and emphasis on walking, delivering stuff and less on over the top action movie and espionage wouldn't be his cup of tea. Then again I am not even sure how I will like it.

Game will be very divisive guaranteed.

Y'all need to adjust your expectations... This isn't looking good.

DbeE9j6.png

"pacing is way off
Story is interesting, just too much gaps in between
if you don't play this game often you'll forget what happened before the next cutscene happens"
"DS is basically 1hr of cool shit
4hrs of delivering packages to npcs"

open world is more interesting than MGSV, but has the same drawbacks of open world -
"it's more interesting lol, mgs5 was so dead
hard to beat it"

"it's fun when you explore new land
but when the game asks you to drive back 5km just to deliver a package to a place you've been to before
you're like "fk off""

"all the safe houses look the exact same
they all have the exact same building you enter to connect
and all the resting places are 100% copy and paste the same in all of them"

"Minecraft has elements of hiding and taking shelter when it's dark
this has no day/night cycle which is a huge fail
but it has rain
when it rains you need to take shelter or it will damage your cargo"

"well i like exploring
and roleplaying, aka playing the game like i am really there"

"just know the start of the game is a bit of a chore at some times"

"it's not as good as RDR2 or God of War
but then again, it's a different game
it's focus is cooperation and exploration
if you are expecting third person stealth action MGS6
you're gonna want to refund"

Breakage

It sounds as if Kojima forgot DS is a video game. After reading some of his recent interviews, I really get the impression that he wants people to experience something that a videogame, as a medium, is not very good at evoking.

All that stuff about wanting players to think more deeply about things such as one another's feelings, connection and letter theory, why other players placed objects in certain way in the game world, etc just feels as if he hoping for the kind of contemplative thought processes that don't mesh well with the medium he is using.

His ideas would be better expressed in a book or a film.

Top Bottom