• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Death Stranding |OT| Keep Walking, Nothing To See Here

XANDEO

Jan 7, 2018
35 hours into this game and I'm absolutely loving it. I only brought it as it was cheap. I hated metal gear solid 5 compared to the rest of the series and thought this would be a bore fest on a similar level, never been so glad to be proven wrong.

Woggleman

Neo Member
Jan 1, 2020
I enjoyed the game while I played it for the most part but moving around as frustrating as hell and since I beat it I have had no desire to return. I find myself just returning to Red Dead 2 or HZD because those two games to me have much more enjoyable post games. That being said the story is top notch in DS.

Grinchy

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2010
a cave outside of Whoville.
I finished those 3 main orders and did some extra stuff afterward (chapter 3) and I'm loving my new toys. I also only contributed to one section of the freeway and now it spans through so much of the area. I assume it's a group effort. Holy shit did that just make a bunch of sidequests much easier lol

Mista

Dragonslayer
Nov 21, 2014
I finished those 3 main orders and did some extra stuff afterward (chapter 3) and I'm loving my new toys. I also only contributed to one section of the freeway and now it spans through so much of the area. I assume it's a group effort. Holy shit did that just make a bunch of sidequests much easier lol
I see you’re digging it more now. Glad to read that you’re enjoying it

LokusAbriss

Nov 11, 2019
I wonder if it will be a big visual upgrade. The performance and graphics were already great on the ps4 slim.

Trimesh

Jun 8, 2019
I've got so many games I haven't started playing yet, I was trying to avoid getting any more - but this game seems so polarizing it's got to be worth trying. Out of my friends, about 80% love it at 20% hate it - but everyone has an opinion...

So I finally gave in a got a copy...

LokusAbriss

Nov 11, 2019
I've got so many games I haven't started playing yet, I was trying to avoid getting any more - but this game seems so polarizing it's got to be worth trying. Out of my friends, about 80% love it at 20% hate it - but everyone has an opinion...

You will love it or regret your purchase. No inbetween. Enjoy!

Do not waste your time with completing everything in the starting chapters.

Mista

Dragonslayer
Nov 21, 2014

That’s a weird sticker on the box. Which version is this?

Trimesh

Jun 8, 2019
That’s a weird sticker on the box. Which version is this?
The game is the Asian market version - that sticker is Hong Kong specific for anything that's rated 18+, but in practice pretty much everyone just ignores it :)

Reactions: Bryank75

Mista

Dragonslayer
Nov 21, 2014
The game is the Asian market version - that sticker is Hong Kong specific for anything that's rated 18+, but in practice pretty much everyone just ignores it :)
Oh neat, that's new info. Thank you very much :)

Grinchy

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2010
Well I visited a cool farm and went back to a weather station. I just can't stop doing side content no matter how much I want to push myself to continue the story :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Planning out routes to gather big loads of supplies with knowledge of where there will be lots of them and what tools you'll be using to make the trip easier is just too addicting. I have to promise myself I'll only fill up a couple more auto pavers before I go back to story stuff.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
200+ hours in now, just finishing the last remaining deliveries, while running around and looking for memory chips. whenever i get to a place with a Share Locker i just take everything, so im constantly making deliveries for other people. trying to get my Bridge Link score up this way, cos it is something i ignored entirely during my first playthrough.

nothing like getting to a place, loading up a truck full of premium stuff, and driving full speed, stopping whenever you want to pick up stuff along the highway. the gameplay loop is so perfect and varied, it is quite customizable. ultimate sandbox right here!

Samus Aran

Dec 29, 2014
I am giving away a code for bonus digital items. I already have them so don't need them. It's for the digital album "TimeFall" and Ludens GoldMask :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:.

You can PM me, don't want lurkers to get it.

Feb 11, 2015
Osaka Japan
franfndz.com
Today walking to my work I start thinking about the games I played recently..RDR2, Spiderman, GoW, CoD, Judgment, etc.
All awesome games but Death Stranding, BBs, BT, EE..... how that $#% Kojima have those ideas and up that make a game that make mostly sense. lol.

I can barely remember SpiderMan or RDR2 main story hahaha.

• LOL
Reactions: Bryank75

Grinchy

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2010
Man, there is an awful sequence in chapter 4. There is a section with some of the worst third person shooter controls I've ever witnessed. It was visually incredible, but so, so flawed.

I ended up having to reduce the difficulty down from Hard just to get it over with so I could continue with the good parts of the game. This game is such a roller coaster. There are some brilliant moments followed by "what the fuck were you thinking??" moments.

And the side story with the junk dealer and the woman whose voice actor sounds like a 10 year old with a learning disability was such a swing and a miss :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm glad to be back on track with good shit again in chapter 5.

Mista

Dragonslayer
Nov 21, 2014
Man, there is an awful sequence in chapter 4. There is a section with some of the worst third person shooter controls I've ever witnessed. It was visually incredible, but so, so flawed.

I ended up having to reduce the difficulty down from Hard just to get it over with so I could continue with the good parts of the game. This game is such a roller coaster. There are some brilliant moments followed by "what the fuck were you thinking??" moments.

And the side story with the junk dealer and the woman whose voice actor sounds like a 10 year old with a learning disability was such a swing and a miss :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm glad to be back on track with good shit again in chapter 5.
Yeah it wasn't perfect but not bad at all at the same time. Was challenging a bit but easy when you take a different approach

The woman who was the voice actor is someone that is a big deal in Japan somehow😂

Have fun!

Reactions: Grinchy

Grinchy

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2010
Mala Morgan, she’s an IG celebrity. Has written some things and taken some photographs.
16:30 in
Instagram celebrity...ah, well I guess that explains it, then. I mean, I don't know if a better voice actor could have made that storyline interesting to me, but this one guaranteed it wouldn't work.

And then the game goes into some Fragile/Higgs stuff that's so damn good. It's just so all over the place with being high quality one moment and then amateur hour the next.

Grinchy

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2010
I'm finally getting so close to finishing this. It's the game that never ends lol. I enjoy doing side missions too much and I find myself begrudgingly continuing the story. I really liked the stuff with Heartman in whatever chapter that was and I've made it all the way to Edge Knot and now I have a new trek ahead of me after some goings-on.

This is a good game, but I still find myself on some kind of sea-saw where I'm really liking it one moment and quite annoyed with it the next. It's finally wrapping up, though. I imagine once it's over, I'll find myself right back to building roads and maxing out preppers. My favorite activity so far is setting up efficient zipline networks where I have to make my way up to mountain peaks to get the best coverage.

Last edited: