• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding |OT| Keep Walking, Nothing To See Here

Komatsu

Not feeling it. If the game remains this boring after I get to hour 10... I’ll go back to Trails of Cold Steel III. I should not have played MGS4 again last month as my patience for Kojima-esque gibberish is pretty low.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man... what a weird fucking thing this is, huh?

I just put in a little over two hours and I'm just left puzzled so far. For what it's worth, I actually really enjoy the terrain navigation gameplay, but I really don't know what to make of this yet.

Very impressive presentation so far, at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Man... what a weird fucking thing this is, huh?

I just put in a little over two hours and I'm just left puzzled so far. For what it's worth, I actually really enjoy the terrain navigation gameplay, but I really don't know what to make of this yet.

Very impressive presentation so far, at least.

Yea I’m two hours into it too and WTF.

bender

What time is it?
Preface: Beyond Norman Reedus and Kojima, I've gone into this game completely blind. I'm a huge Metal Gear Solid fan.

Just got to Episode 2. This game is...weird. A tad scary (I'm a wimp). Mommy. What the hell am I playing? The character names are batshit crazy. Slow down on the Monster Energy Drink, Norman. I'm guessing we are in for MGS2 levels of story insanity.

edit: Don't touch me.

Fake edit: Sure is pretty.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I finished the chapter 2 too.
I found the story interesting and it makes sense for now... not the crazy MGS2 level to me.

Skyr

About 3 hours in, and so far I absolutely love it. The sense of discovery and mystery ist incredible.
I am a bit worried about if the core gameplay will keep me engaged but I assume that there will be further content and mechanics introduced over the course of the game to do that.

brap

Banned
Yeah another drama queen. This is like his third self ban. I do hope moderators keep him banned. You want to make 50 posts a day about Kojima but cant take the heat. Ok dont waste people's time and just be gone.
Ow_the_edge.jpg

Mista

Banned
What an intro. Feeling the intensity from the start and the scenes are just phenomenal. That’s KP alright

Hostile_18

Banned
Looking forward to seeing everyone's opinions, but I'm really interested in ones who were really unsure about this purchase. Any regrets or is it actually an amazing game?

I don't think the game play loop of delivering things is really for me but it's a shame as I love the presentation/quirky games.

It does help Star Wars and Shenmue 3 are just around the corner however.

Mista

Banned
Don’t remember the last time I felt this tense playing a game. So much to do and definitely it’s not just “walking”. Living the whole building bridges, recovering lost cargo, taking care of BB, avoid timefalls as fast as possible and the whole package is my cup of tea.

mekes

Ok, I’m biting. I had a look at the release calendar for the rest of the year and couldn’t see anything else I’d rather purchase. Hope the game is good!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
About five hours in. The inventory management seems like it'll be an ongoing annoyance, somewhat, and I would've preferred some functions being built into your suit instead of carrying a bunch of boxes just to perform basic tasks. Maybe that'll be less of an issue as new equipment gets developed.

It's -- clearly by design -- very detached, barren, and lonely. You have hollow interactions with holograms, hollow accumulation of Likes as you perform tasks.

Hoping there are some interesting gameplay progressions and story revelations as it goes.

A+ soundtrack.

Before we get into some dumb semantic argument about ‘entertainment’ vs ‘fun’ I just wanna mention that I’ve got about 6 hours in the game so far and am having a lot of fun.

Also, I just performed a legless rope climb with 116kg strapped to my back so Norman should consider entering the next world’s strongest man competition.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
ill be going into hybernation as well once my game arrives. already i almost ran into a few spoilers this week and im like "nope, not gonna ruin this one" lets see if i can actually pull it off...

imsosleepy

Dam those cut scenes in the beginning where amazing, intreqing and insane looking. Sam walks great, controls are smooth. And i dunno how kojima did it but walking true this game is just such a different feeling compared to any other open world game. Its great. I love it. I really dont get some reviewers now

Top Bottom