• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding |OT| Keep Walking, Nothing To See Here

Shifty

I prefer the term admirer, @triplestation and @brap are the stalkers
Wait, triple is in on it too?! This sordid affair goes deeper than I imagined :messenger_fearful:

Why am I the shitposter? For stating the game is overrated, repetitive delivery walking simulator, video game movie?
'Overrated repetitive delivery walking simulator movie game' is not exactly what I'd call insightful commentary.

Last edited:
I played it since yesterday.

nAoUQPZ.gif

Games going to cause a lot of division and beef lol

Lets keep it civil ladies and gents its okay to disagree.

I've been playing since last night. The graphics are amazing, the mood is dope, and the soundtrack is unbelievable.

But im not having as much fun as I thought I would. I get the point was to make you feel lonely and such but....i'm not sure if they nailed the execution here.

Gonna go play some more all weekend and see if it clicks eventually.

Airbus Jr

Banned
He woke the wrong dog.

Kidding. It was self-requested, I presume because of DS.

So he feels like he got humiliated and decided
its gona be good to start all over again?

Serisly how many users clone these guys gona need?

Theyre wasting new generated google/yahoo username for other people for such petty reason

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

Theyre wasting new generated google/yahoo username for other people for such petty reason
I guess he felt like not dealing troll posts or get spoilers while he is playing the game.
While I believe you just need take the time and don't access the forum some can't do that... so they ask self-bans.

Well we won't know why he asked self-ban but I'm sure that he did not get humiliated lol
It is funny that you thought that.

Last edited:

Twinblade

This user has been removed from the thread. Driveby bait trolling making it all about you. Oh, and do PM still.
I am going to say this once and I'm finished. If you do not like my opinion on Death stranding, dont reply. Its that easy.

ethomaz

Banned
I am going to say this once and I'm finished. If you do not like my opinion on Death stranding, dont reply. Its that easy.
Just don't make up story bro... people won't reply to you.
But for beneficie of doubts where your receipts?

Last edited:

demigod

Just don't make up story bro... people won't reply to you.
But for beneficie of doubts where your receipts?

Damn, he got thread banned.

UPS fucking my shipment again. I don't see any movement still. They actually lost my Day's Gone shipment and I had to instore order which fucked me up since I paid full price instead of the discount with GCU+Visa.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i don't get this. is the gameplay really just about delivering stuff? i've been watching a few streams on Twitch and that's all i seem to find.

i think i'm gonna wait and see how long the game is and try get a better idea of what exactly the gameplay is.

Shifty

I figure it's more a case of "I'm going dark and dedicating myself to playing the game".

And wait, user clones and generated emails, do you think he's disappeared and registered an alt? 🤔

> Expecting people not to reply on a public discussion forum

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I figure it's more a case of "I'm going dark and dedicating myself to playing the game".

And wait, user clones and generated emails, do you think he's disappeared and registered an alt? 🤔

> Expecting people not to reply on a public discussion forum

He mentioned he is not going to play it until January 1st, 2020. He wants to start the new decade off with this game. So it is probably to be extra vigilant on avoiding spoilers.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
i don't get this. is the gameplay really just about delivering stuff? i've been watching a few streams on Twitch and that's all i seem to find.

i think i'm gonna wait and see how long the game is and try get a better idea of what exactly the gameplay is.
I believe 90% is delivering with 10% shooting... or something around that.

Maybe I'm the exception but I'm loving the delivering... to be fair walk in this game is wonderful fun and addictive, I keep trying to go in every place exploring... I love to walk in rivers and mountains.

You are free too to do the delivering like you want... so you have "infinite" possibilities... for exemple the first chapter (Prologue) it took me over a hour to finish because I keep exploring it... and I restarted it twice and I took different routes each one... one following the river and the other thought the mountain.

It is really exciting to play that game... I don't know how to explain better.

I go to bed sleep yesterday 4am but I couldn't stop to think in the game (what I have to do, others routes, story, what it will come forward, etc) until 4:40am (usually I close my eyes and in less than 5 minutes I'm sleeping)... the first thing I thought today morning when I wake up was about Death Stranding.

PS. A bit early but I'm finding the gameplay loop more fun and addictive than MGSV gameplay loop.

Damn, he got thread banned.

UPS fucking my shipment again. I don't see any movement still. They actually lost my Day's Gone shipment and I had to instore order which fucked me up since I paid full price instead of the discount with GCU+Visa.
That is sad to hear... I wish look to you for UPS delivery ASAP.
I bought digital but sometime (like that one) I regret to not buy the physical version :(

Last edited:

Jasagna

Neo Member
Not a Kojima fanboy, and not sure this game is for me,
Don't want to drop $60 on a "maybe" when I can simply rent it at Redbox for 3 bucks and test drive it to see if it's compelling enough to buy outright.
Guess I am about to find out. Installing now.

Shifty

C'mon Amazon guy, please don't trip over and drop my copy off a cliff.

Screenshot-2019-11-08-Track-Package.png

He mentioned he is not going to play it until January 1st, 2020. He wants to start the new decade off with this game. So it is probably to be extra vigilant on avoiding spoilers.

How curious, more power to him if he has the willpower for it.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
If anyone wants the Gold Ludens Glasses and a digital copy of the Timefall album for PS4, just DM me. I got two codes for those items, so one is going spare!

So everyone is playing the game except this fucks who have to wait until tonight :lollipop_confounded:

I am actually still loading, doubt I'll get to play much till tonight cause I have to do family stuff...

Last edited:

DogsAndKisses

Neo Member

Jesus christ kid how about just trying it instead of spoiling yourself trying to figure out if you like it through f'n streams?

GymWolf

If anyone wants the Gold Ludens Glasses and a digital copy of the Timefall album for PS4, just DM me. I got two codes for those items, so one is going spare!

I am actually still loading, doubt I'll get to play much till tonight cause I have to do family stuff...
I was too tired to even launch it at midnight, and now I'm stuck at the office til later this afternoon. Going to play as soon as I get home.
Seems legit, also fucks is a plural word so my post is more accurate now :ROFLMAO:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
It seems the almost unanimous reactions from people here actually playing the game are quite different than how the reviews made the game sound. I think for me even if I still had a PS4 I wouldn't get the game because it doesn't look like my kind of game & I can't stand Kojima (I'm fortunate MHK banned himself so I don't get reported for heresy :messenger_tears_of_joy:)

BUT - I'm really happy for all the players here that have been eagerly awaiting this game that it's everything they hoped for and are in fact contrary to some reviews having a whole lot fun.

Bryank75

Banned
It seems the almost unanimous reactions from people here actually playing the game are quite different than how the reviews made the game sound. I think for me even if I still had a PS4 I wouldn't get the game because it doesn't look like my kind of game & I can't stand Kojima (I'm fortunate MHK banned himself so I don't get reported for heresy :messenger_tears_of_joy:)

BUT - I'm really happy for all the players here that have been eagerly awaiting this game that it's everything they hoped for and are in fact contrary to some reviews having a whole lot fun.
🧐🌈🐋☔:messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

Shifty

Huzzah, it's finally here, just in time for me to finish hooking the PS4 back up to my desk setup.

My body is ready. Hit me with the Kojima. But my PS4 is not, 30GB install and day-one patch here we go :messenger_face_steam:

Last edited:
Top Bottom