• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Review Thread

I do think it is neat how such a "divisive" game has the same metacritic score as a super safe game like Gears 5.

Like I said when it first launched, the reviews are far better than I was expecting so such a off beat concept and new IP. And considering this is the studios first game, it can only get better from here!

Cheers Kojima!

imsosleepy

I'm at the end of Chapter 2, so without spoiling anything.....what is it about the first 2 chapters that makes you understand why some people hate them?
Lots of cutscenes especially in the first 2 hours. I loved it but some people love to hate it.
It really is a lot of walking, some anoying parts like the first time u get to the windfarm. And you need to use the balance mechanic a lot. After chapter 3 u get better gear and u can run alot more witouth worrying about balancing. And more options to use vehicles. I loved the first 2 chapters though :D

ethomaz

Banned
That wasn't a "better" review. You enjoyed it because it reflected your own opinion.
So this thread is pointless?

Doesn't she WATCH her boyfriend play games. That's literally Kojima's audience... he wants people to WATCH his games. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Also, I've NEVER seen her be critical of a game. The most I've ever heard is that some game is not for her.

All she does is help you validate your own opinions.
So does this thread even when the OP is innacurate in his points.

Edit - The thread was merged... so ignore ;)

Last edited:

imsosleepy

I do think it is neat how such a "divisive" game has the same metacritic score as a super safe game like Gears 5.
the game stil has that one troll review of a fucking 3.5 on metacritic that drags it down as well..

I cant say ive seen him shit on a game this much since yooka-laylee

Death stranding has a lot of mechanics that u can use to easily shit on the game and meme the fuck out of it..

For context, dunkey loves MGS and MGSV was in fact even his game of the year 2016. So he is not a Kojima hater or anti-open world games. But for his review he covers:

- Poor traversal mechanics in a game which is 90% traversal.
- The other 10% combat is also poor.
- Nonsensical story that even Kojima admits he doesn't understand.
- Pacing issues where much of the plot development is concentrated in the beginning and the end, with a barren middle.

He gives it a 1 out of 5.
If you say the traversal mechanics are poor.. Well thats just bullshit. U can even build fucking highways to make things easy for you. Once u get the hang of it you hardly trip, u get a shitload of better gear to help you walk easier, faster. U wil hardly ever use the balance mechanic again. You have bikes that work great and have a neat boost. U can ride true most rivers. The climbing in this game is amazing. People shitted on horizon zero down climbing but cant seem to appreciate this one? Climbing mountains in this game is alot of fun, and works great. The idea with the use of ladders is brilliant and alot of times u can already find ladders of other people or ropes.

The game is not really combat focussed, but in my opinion its not poor. The bola gun is a shitload of fun and u cant really make sam a better fighter as he is just a delivery guy so why would he have better hand to hand combat skils. It seems so hard for people to judge the game based on what it is and not what its not and they just hoped it was.

Most people in the OT that finished it dont really find the story that complicated so he is just meming it for his viewers.

The pacing comes mostly in the form of the gameplay, in the middle you unlock so many things, and the focus really is mostly on the game and unlocking new things over and over again and then later the story picks up again, and when it does it does it so well. From the first time you meet higgs to when u enter chapter 4. A lot starts to happen so I find that bullshit as wel.

And on purpose he is doing shit so he can easily hate on it over and over again

The L2 / R2 balancing while traversing is not really a thing outside the very very early game and some special missions.

Most of the game you just learn NOT to carry super heavy and tall loads without some kind of vehicle assist.

And for people still hung up on this, there is a mid game item called
a Backpack Stabilizer. Which you attach to your pack. It uses battery power. But it basically makes the balance issue go away

Last edited:

RealGassy

Banned
He likes to exaggerate problems, which make his reviews funny but rarely represent the average experience.

I've tripped over 3 or 4 times in 50 hours (that is actually being tracked by the game, so you can look it up)... why not more often? Because the average human being learns what he can and can't do... just like he is jumping around on a cliff in the mountains and then loses cargo to apparently show "how bad it is". If you do that, or if you jump down impossible slopes, then you are a moron and you shouldn't play such a game anyways as the game gives you enough tools to overcome obstacles.

If you lose shit in a river then this is entirely on you as well, since the game tells you with bright red dots that you shouldn't cross there... and if you try to cross a river with no stamina, then this is on you as well... again, the game gives you tools to overcome rivers.

His example with the bomb is also extremely stupid. The game tells you to be extremely careful and you shouldn't use vehicles (or if you do, be even more careful)... of course it blows up for him in a vehicle when he's cheesing his way through the mountains.

If you play the game, you will typically not do that... and if you feel compelled to do what he apparently did in the game, then the game is clearly not for you or you are literally too dumb to play it.
Way to miss the point entirely.
Now that takes talent.

LokusAbriss

For context, dunkey loves MGS and MGSV was in fact even his game of the year 2016. So he is not a Kojima hater or anti-open world games. But for his review he covers:

- Poor traversal mechanics in a game which is 90% traversal.
- The other 10% combat is also poor.
- Nonsensical story that even Kojima admits he doesn't understand.
- Pacing issues where much of the plot development is concentrated in the beginning and the end, with a barren middle.
- And to top it all off you got dialogue such as:

He gives it a 1 out of 5.

I had way more problems with traversal and gameplay in Red Dead Redemption 2. The game even stops you at a cliff to not fall down. The game hands you the same cards as in real life. Make a mistake and you will fall. The gameplay is good.

Why showing a clip out of context? Maybe you didnt played the game and it is your good right to make fun of it. But there are relatable reasons for many actions and feelings in the game. When you follow the story, it makes sense. A lot of the story is additionally covered in interviews and e-mails. If you want to understand the story, there are many ways.

I wonder why so many people try to mark this as the worst game of 2019. It is by far not a bad game. It has nearly zero technical problems, a lot of content, a blievable world and a great cinematic story.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
the game stil has that one troll review of a fucking 3.5 on metacritic that drags it down as well..

Death stranding has a lot of mechanics that u can use to easily shit on the game and meme the fuck out of it..

If you say the traversal mechanics are poor.. Well thats just bullshit. U can even build fucking highways to make things easy for you. Once u get the hang of it you hardly trip, u get a shitload of better gear to help you walk easier, faster. U wil hardly ever use the balance mechanic again. You have bikes that work great and have a neat boost. U can ride true most rivers. The climbing in this game is amazing. People shitted on horizon zero down climbing but cant seem to appreciate this one? Climbing mountains in this game is alot of fun, and works great. The idea with the use of ladders is brilliant and alot of times u can already find ladders of other people or ropes.

The game is not really combat focussed, but in my opinion its not poor. The bola gun is a shitload of fun and u cant really make sam a better fighter as he is just a delivery guy so why would he have better hand to hand combat skils. It seems so hard for people to judge the game based on what it is and not what its not and they just hoped it was.

Most people in the OT that finished it dont really find the story that complicated so he is just meming it for his viewers.

The pacing comes mostly in the form of the gameplay, in the middle you unlock so many things, and the focus really is mostly on the game and unlocking new things over and over again and then later the story picks up again, and when it does it does it so well. From the first time you meet higgs to when u enter chapter 4. A lot starts to happen so I find that bullshit as wel.

And on purpose he is doing shit so he can easily hate on it over and over again

Fiinished the story last night, just a hair under 53hrs played and my feeling right now is that any score lower than an 8/10 is doing a disservice to the game, and gaming in general.

Its not perfect, but as a first attempt at a new type of gameplay its a great success. Of those criticisms, well, the telling thing is the "barren middle" comment, because it shows he just didn't engage with the core gameplay in any way. Because that process is really what the game is about, the story is mainly about contextualing that experience.

I honestly think the more traditional action parts of the game are very underrated too, the big set-pieces are truly spectacular and on hard mode its definitely not lacking in challenge.

MiguelItUp

You jealous huh?
Most likely, or just baiting.

The TL;DR points that Dunkey talked about were also points that a lot of others praised. 🤷‍♂️
  • Poor traversal mechanics? I haven't experienced anything that I would consider "poor", however, I can say the driving on terrain can be a bit janky. But I'm also trying to drive up mountains and over rocks, lmao, so that's probably my fault that I'm not looking for a flatter surface.
  • Honestly, I really love the story, and even at Chapter 8 it's all coming together. Is it pretty wild and out there? Oh of course, and I love it! But it's not something that makes zero sense, honestly I don't understand how anyone could love MGS lore and then shit on this and say it's overcomplicated or makes no sense. It feels like the same kind of stretch to me.
  • The pacing feels really good in my eyes, and I know quite a few others agree. But I'm also staying on top of the main story path, which I'm sure is a huge part.
  • Also, the dialogue, it's a Kojima game, if you've played ANY Kojima game you should be expecting quirkiness and funky dialogue. But around the funky dialogue, there's a lot of great dialogue, writing, and performances.
It's amusing that there are people that are acting like the words of some reviewers and journalists are the second coming. It's their opinion, just like you can come up with your own, as well as others.

The reviews that are shunning it and just shitting on it are pretty silly to me. Even someone like Angry Joe was able to say that while he didn't completely enjoy the gameplay loop, but was able to provide some constructive impressions. Again, I dug Cohhcarnage's impressions/review as it felt incredibly honest. I don't even follow his content. He was just really firm on the fact that it's a game that isn't for everyone and that that's totally fine. He's right! I just think it's funny that people are quick to say "THIS GAME'S WORTHLESS SHIT!", rather than "this game isn't for me."

Maybe it's because I'm 35 and I'm getting softer? Or maybe it's because I worked a few gigs in the industry and I just have empathy for the employees. If a game isn't for me, I can still look at something and appreciate the work that's been put into it.

I'm unsure if it's because I've been knee deep in the DS threads more than any other game because I was so excited, or people have just become more toxic. But I certainly don't remember so much negativity and toxicity regarding folk's opinions on a game, especially ones so excited about it.

I mean, there were times where people that clearly didn't care for it period were just blatantly attempting to shit on the wants and dreams of those looking forward to it, lmao.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Most likely, or just baiting.

It's amusing that there are people that are acting like the words of some reviewers and journalists are the second coming. It's their opinion, just like you can come up with your own, as well as others.

The reviews that are shunning it and just shitting on it are pretty silly to me. Even someone like Angry Joe was able to say that while he didn't completely enjoy the gameplay loop, but was able to provide some constructive impressions. Again, I dug Cohhcarnage's impressions/review as it felt incredibly honest. I don't even follow his content. He was just really firm on the fact that it's a game that isn't for everyone and that that's totally fine. He's right! I just think it's funny that people are quick to say "THIS GAME'S WORTHLESS SHIT!", rather than "this game isn't for me."

Maybe it's because I'm 35 and I'm getting softer? Or maybe it's because I worked a few gigs in the industry and I just have empathy for the employees. If a game isn't for me, I can still look at something and appreciate the work that's been put into it.

I'm unsure if it's because I've been knee deep in the DS threads more than any other game because I was so excited, or people have just become more toxic. But I certainly don't remember so much negativity and toxicity regarding folk's opinions on a game, especially ones so excited about it.

I mean, there were times where people that clearly didn't care for it period were just blatantly attempting to shit on the wants and dreams of those looking forward to it, lmao.

This is the thing people do on the internet nowadays. Well.....it's been happening for years, but it's been getting worse every year. People are becoming extremist about everything. It's in our politics (see any Trump thread), our sports (read anything a group of people say about Colin Kaepernick), and now our games (see any Death Stranding thread on GAF).

It's insane man.

MiguelItUp

This is the thing people do on the internet nowadays. Well.....it's been happening for years, but it's been getting worse every year. People are becoming extremist about everything. It's in our politics (see any Trump thread), our sports (read anything a group of people say about Colin Kaepernick), and now our games (see any Death Stranding thread on GAF).

It's insane man.
Nail on the head, for sure. It's just always so disheartening to experience. I legit feel bad for some folks that are just now getting into games, especially online multiplayer experiences. When I was younger, the bad seeds were the minority. Nowadays the roles have been reversed, and the majority are a bunch of toxic pricks, lmao.

Isn't that the same non accurate review posted in last page? Pretty weak job to be fair.
Yup. People haven't bothered going back one page it seems, lmao.

Last edited:

DarkBatman

It's insane man.

You're absolutely right. That makes me so, so sad.
I miss the times when to people - one loving, one hating a game - could have a normal, calm discussion about that.
Nowadays it's more like "Man, if you bought that game, you're dumb and suck that developers d*ck cause you're stupid".
It's just a shame.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Let's add the best review:

He plays the game like he doesn't give a shit about covering ground. It reminds me of being at the arcade playing Tekken. Some friend would joke around by looking off into the mall or play with his hands turned the opposite way. Just by watching the way he plays makes me assume he doesn't like it. Why even bother at that point? Need some YouTube views or trying to stay current with the medium. It's sad because the jokes take away a lot of intellectual thought from the enjoyment of the game.

Bryank75

Banned
He plays the game like he doesn't give a shit about covering ground. It reminds me of being at the arcade playing Tekken. Some friend would joke around by looking off into the mall or play with his hands turned the opposite way. Just by watching the way he plays makes me assume he doesn't like it. Why even bother at that point? Need some YouTube views or trying to stay current with the medium. It's sad because the jokes take away a lot of intellectual thought from the enjoyment of the game.
The guy has literally no patience, he hates JRPG's.... he is the worst person to review the game.... he isn't even a father, so he can't enjoy the story to the extent I did and he looks like he is allergic to walking and general movement. That's why it looks like he doesn't have any idea how to walk....even in a game!

Last edited:

rashbeep

Banned
It's nice that the "point" of the game is rather interesting, but the mechanics and general gameplay look pretty awful. The dialogue doesn't help either

MiguelItUp

It's nice that the "point" of the game is rather interesting, but the mechanics and general gameplay look pretty awful. The dialogue doesn't help either
But that's the thing. A lot of the mechanics are pretty damn impressive, as well as the gameplay. The thing is, it's a specific gameplay loop that may not be for everyone. Much like, say, MMOs are not for everyone. IMO the dialogue is no different than previous Kojima games, so there's no big shock here IMO. Shouldn't be at least. There's a lot of interesting and really cool stuff, sprinkled with some quirkiness.

Saruhashi

Banned

It's insane man.

Yuuuup.

The reaction to Death Stranding and the new Pokemon games has been a bit of an eye opener for me and has adjusted my perspective on a lot of things.

I think it has just become difficult to really positively discuss a game when people who like it are accused outright of just being fanboys. What are you supposed to do though? Pretend that you hate a game you actually do really enjoy?

Like, I'm sorry but I think the game is good so I don't really see the value in trying to bring Kojima down a peg or troll people with the most dumbed down and most uninformed take on the game.

This game only got a good review cos Nintendo made it. That game only got a good review because Kojima made it.

If I was reviewing DS after having a couple of weeks with the game it's in the 8 to 9 out of 10 band for me.
Sorry for liking the game and not being bored. :)

LokusAbriss

Yeah, it looks awful to you, because you are not playing it. You cant jugde the physics of a racing game by watching it either. You have to play it.

Mechanics and gameplay are not awful. Reviewers and streamers who cant play make the game look bad.

rashbeep

Banned
I have finished the game and you probably have not even tried it. I am still playing tens of hours after the ending.... there is only gameplay and altruistic motives to keep me in the game.....

Your subjective experience doesn't disprove anything. The gameplay loop being limited is fine, but at least make the mechanics and controls polished. Reedus tripping over everything for no reason and convoluted menu design doesn't make for a refined experience. These are things that can be improved without hurting the overall message of the game.

SleepDoctor

Banned
Your subjective experience doesn't disprove anything. The gameplay loop being limited is fine, but at least make the mechanics and controls polished. Reedus tripping over everything for no reason and convoluted menu design doesn't make for a refined experience. These are things that can be improved without hurting the overall message of the game.

You probably ain't a father, so you can't enjoy it. Lol incredible

Bryank75

Banned
It's straight forward, The odradek shows you what can trip you and what cannot. The menus are simple for anyone that put the time in to read....

It's literally just a list and a confirmation button at the bottom..... are people really that stupid?

LokusAbriss

Not paying attention to what is ahead on your path and ignoring the games mechanics (weight distribution, exo-sceletons, other gear) will definetly make you fall. Everytime you fall in this game is the result of a wrong decision by the player.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

It does though. The mechanics and controls are beyond polished. Reedus "tripping over everything for no reason" is a fault of the player. I'm in the 8th Episode at the moment, and the VERY FEW tumbles that I've taken were a result of my own faults, not the game. Your Odradek straight up shows you dangerous terrain that you SHOULDN'T attempt to walk on with large red X's. So what do you do in that instance? You walk around it and follow a path that contains yellow or blue dots. Not to mention the menus have been great and not problematic for me at all.

I don't think you've played it, eh?

That's the sad part. Leave it to a content creator or a small select few to say "LOL QWOP GAME" or "OOF COMPLICATED MENUS" and everyone runs with it. Dat ain't it mang.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Actually I don't even know if he likes the game from the video.
He is just using it to play the role he hated it to get the views so he tries to make it even worst than it is to create issues that probably didn't exists.

The guy has literally no patience, he hates JRPG's.... he is the worst person to review the game.... he isn't even a father, so he can't enjoy the story to the extent I did and he looks like he is allergic to walking and general movement. That's why it looks like he doesn't have any idea how to walk....even in a game!
Ohhhh he is allergic to games in general lol
But he needs these dam views to profit.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
The mechanics and general gameplay are really good.
You need to play to understand the gameplay/mechanics... not watch.

It is like having sex... porn alone will never give you how is like to do it.

What? The mechanics and gameplay are very polished.
There is no bug... the controls are amazingly responsible.
And the best... it is intuitive.

I give you the menu are confuse and you need to get used to it but you barely uses the menu in gameplay and the menu to aceppt/delivery your cargo is just x, x and x lol

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
You probably ain't a father, so you can't enjoy it. Lol incredible
Incriledible is you guys still in thread trying to convince people otherwise.

You know this game is out for 2 weeks right?
Im trying to wrap my around to understand what you guys still doing here?
There is no games to play?
Or its just your hobbie shitting on everything other peple like?

MagnesG

Banned
I got burned out due to wanting the game to move faster, and sadly the plot's not gripping me much from getting bored. I tend to get distracted thinking about potential plotholes in the game, and not focusing on the story. Maybe it the sci-fi stuffs that I'm not liking that much I don't know. The gameplay, even with the Strand System included, still feels like walking simulator for me.

For now I will step back and play other games for a while.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Buy the way for people who dont know

Red=trip
Yellow=slippery
Green = clear

As soon as you learn that the game works
If you are an idiot who dont get that yeah. The game is not for you

More importantly the node system that the game uses to define traction and scalability is more granular than the geometry taken at face value. Steep climbs of mostly red nodes often have narrow seams or scatterings of yellow and blue nodes, indicating hidden paths of purchase.

Ivellios

I have just reached chapter 5 of the game.

Im enjoying the story so far and the soundtrack is superb. However i am starting to get burned out of the gameplay, it is just very repetitive in general. My first encounter with BTs was terrifying, my 10th encounter with them i just wanted it to be over. The MULEs are way worse, even on hard their AI is easily exploitable and its just boring to get rid of them all or encounter them in general... I always use the same strategy: Shot anyone with Bola gun or give shoulder attack followed by punch. Im sure there are more creative ways do deal with them, but that is not the point. Also riding vehicles anywhere that is not a perfect terrain (vast majority of the game) is a pain the ass.

I admit the Strand mechanic is very innovative, but in the end everything you achieve in the game and other players build for you has one purpose: To make you skip the game faster to reach your destination.

So far the game is a 7/10 for me. Its polished as hell, no bugs, good story and amazing soundtrack on lenghty single player game without any microtransaction, It is just that the core gameplay is very repetitive and im just rushing it to get to the story faster.

A spoiler about chapter 4:
If the game had more combat like this in general no one would criticize the game so much, it was very fun and challeging on hard, i really wanted it to last but it was over so quick... best moment of the game so far.

imsosleepy

It does though. The mechanics and controls are beyond polished. Reedus "tripping over everything for no reason" is a fault of the player. I'm in the 8th Episode at the moment, and the VERY FEW tumbles that I've taken were a result of my own faults, not the game. Your Odradek straight up shows you dangerous terrain that you SHOULDN'T attempt to walk on with large red X's. So what do you do in that instance? You walk around it and follow a path that contains yellow or blue dots. Not to mention the menus have been great and not problematic for me at all.

I don't think you've played it, eh?

That's the sad part. Leave it to a content creator or a small select few to say "LOL QWOP GAME" or "OOF COMPLICATED MENUS" and everyone runs with it. Dat ain't it mang.
hahaha yea
I barely trip and when ever he is about to trip its coz I did something stupid and I just press both triggers and he walks normal again. But you can easily use it to meme the fuck out of this game and get the attention of those who want to hate it for no ther reason than to hate it..

The thing that has suprised me the most about death stranding is its ability to have reviewers not review the game for what it actually is. Its like reviewing need for speed and then complaining that there is not enough shooting in the game, Death stranding is about traveling and the journey you make. And in that are alot of mechanics and they added some combat that fits the world, yet so many reviews just hate and shit on it because they wanted something else.

MiguelItUp

The thing that has suprised me the most about death stranding is its ability to have reviewers not review the game for what it actually is.
Right?! It's pretty baffling. As someone that has played games for 30-31 years, I've never been so stumped, lol. When I read or watched the reviews, I took everything with a grain of salt. When I actually got a chance to play it, there were times where I was legit confused because it felt like we were playing completely different games, lmao.

If I remember correctly there were a number of reviews that mentioned the map not being cooperative, and how there wasn't a good way of marking your map. I believe the used RDR2's map as an example.

When I played DS I immediately was using the map the exact same way. I never got lost, I was never confused, it can LITERALLY create a STRAIGHT DOTTED LINE that can take you to your destination if you so well please.

Roni

Gold Member
No, that completely depends on how you play the game.

It's true that you can spend 50 hours between chapter 3 to 7 (or was it 8?)..., so you don't really get to see much story progress, but you don't have to. You are not forced to 5 star each prepper, you are not forced to build roads, or waste time with other things. You can set your own pacing and simply follow the story. If you do that then you'll find that the pacing of the story is actually not that bad.

But it does pick up quite a bit with chapter 7 (or 8).

One would assume gamers that have played open world games would know this implicitly, but somehow it still needs to be explicitly explained out loud every once in a while since it is often used to criticize games around here...

IamOnline4Real

owns Galaxy Brain. Still shrink wrapped.
Now that i have finished the game i can clearly say, THIS IS THE WORST GAME KOJIMA EVER MADE.

I have been defending that game since day one. was blown away by the landscapes and animations, thought there will be more. I kept playing but nothing ever evolved...

1. The nonsense story, worst story i have ever experience in my 35 years of gaming.
2. Combat was clunky. MGS 5 is superior.
3. Driving physics was bad
4. Gameplay is repetitive and does not evolve.
5. Sam is bland, zero character development.
6. Higgs was corny.

Kojima sucks at writing a cohesive and immersive story. man i am mad, put 160 hours at least into this game hoping there will be more...Nada!

All my praise goes to Yoji Shinkawa, after playing the game i can say that without him, Kojima would be a nobody. He is the one designing all these characters and equipments. From MGS to DS he created some very unique and dope concepts.

My final score: 7/ 10

.....for the simple fact that technically the character animations was top notch, the landscape was breathtaking and i also love most of the designs of the characters, outfits, gears and vehicles designed by Yoji.

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
Yeah exactly, if Kojima truly believes that "likes" are in any way, shape or form beneficial to society then he's a fucking imbecile. Maybe it's wishful thinking, like how social media approval could be used in an actual productive way in an alternate dimension. Maybe it's used as a sign of the times kind of thing, this is just how we live now and shit. I hope it's one of these because if he actually thinks that the real life like hunting culture is healthy then just WOW.
Isn't it just a form of commentary on how 'we' go to great lengths for a couple of likes to validate our work?

Pretty sure most of us here don't care about 'likes', yet here we are cheering about the 1k likes our mushrooms received.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Isn't it just a form of commentary on how 'we' go to great lengths for a couple of likes to validate our work?

Pretty sure most of us here don't care about 'likes', yet here we are cheering about the 1k likes our mushrooms received.

But it does feel good though.

LokusAbriss

Now that i have finished the game i can clearly say, THIS IS THE WORST GAME KOJIMA EVER MADE.

I have been defending that game since day one. was blown away by the landscapes and animations, thought there will be more. I kept playing but nothing ever evolved...

1. The nonsense story, worst story i have ever experience in my 35 years of gaming.
6. Higgs was corny.

Kojima sucks at writing a cohesive and immersive story. man i am mad, put 160 hours at least into this game hoping there will be more...Nada!

All my praise goes to Yoji Shinkawa, after playing the game i can say that without him, Kojima would be a nobody. He is the one designing all these characters and equipments. From MGS to DS he created some very unique and dope concepts.

.....for the simple fact that technically the character animations was top notch, the landscape was breathtaking and i also love most of the designs of the characters, outfits, gears and vehicles designed by Yoji.

I understand your criticism and you have valid points. But I will never understand how people can spend so much time with a movie or game, when they are displeased with it or straight up hate it?!! Spending 160 hours on something that is 7/10 for you sounds insane to me. I would just turn away at some point. How can time be so meaningless to some people? (No hate towards you, I just can't understand it.)

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI
I understand your criticism and you have valid points. But I will never understand how people can spend so much time with a movie or game, when they are displeased with it or straight up hate it?!! Spending 160 hours on something that is 7/10 for you sounds insane to me. I would just turn away at some point. How can time be so meaningless to some people? (No hate towards you, I just can't understand it.)
Because they need to finish the game before posting an opinion. If you don’t complete the game, and you tell your opinion, you’ll get countered with, “You didn’t even finish it”. Some are still in disbelief. Some are completists. There’s no conspiracy.

IamOnline4Real

owns Galaxy Brain. Still shrink wrapped.

Here is your answer:

I have put 160 hours at least into this game "hoping there will be more!!!"

That's why I was disappointed. There was nothing new, same BTs, same grenades!!

Dunki

6. Higgs was corny.

1. It is not a combat game. Kojima does not want you to go to battle because it goes against the message as well.
2 The bad physics and struggle with the motorbike or truck is by design. It motivates the player to build streets etc.
3. That is again by design. It is also by design that the path gets more easier when many people use the same path. It is really about connecting people and how helping others give you a good feeling and is also beneficial to you.

The Story is obvious a matter of taste but I also think people who just became father and have a child have a more emotional impact overall. But regarding the gameplay. NOTHING is accidential but by design. .

Last edited:
Top Bottom