• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding vs Terminator 3: Dark Fate - which one will suck less, and which one will have more cut scenes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiggs

I think Terminator 3: Dark Fate ends up sucking less, but I do think Death Stranding edges it out in the cut scenes department. I sort of chalk that up to Kojima just having more experience when it comes to making movies.

In terms of D-list celebrities, I also think Death Stranding narrowly edges out Terminator 3: Dark Fate, but that's only because of Nicolas Winding Refn's unfortunate participation. As a reminder, Nicolas Winding Refn hasn't made an enjoyable movie since 2011's Drive; however, to be fair, Hideo Kojima hasn't made an enjoyable game since MGS3: Snake Eater in 2004.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and don't forget to see Terminator 3: Dark Fate in theaters on November 1st, which, coincidentally, is the same day the embargo lifts for Death Stranding reviews.

What a time to be alive.

DansDans

Are you deliberately calling it T3 because you want to ignore Rise of the Machines, Salvation and the other one I cant remember the subtitle to?

Terminator will suck less, on the surface the movie may appear to be disjointed from the likes of The Terminator and T2 but it will meld together perfectly.

Death Stranding will be a confusing and boring mess.

Are you deliberately calling it T3 because you want to ignore Rise of the Machines, Salvation and the other one I cant remember the subtitle to?
He's calling it Terminator 3 because it is, it retcons all of the other movies.

Last edited:
So did Genisys. And Salvation.

This too will be terrible, and I can't wait to see how much worse than the last one it will be.
None of those movies had any relation to Cameron, this is his franchise, he created it. Dark Fate is the third entry into the franchise by Cameron, he's a writer and a producer on it.

Those other movies were leased out uses of the property, this movie is the official continuation of the story from #1 & #2 which makes this #3.

Last edited:

K1Expwy

This reminds me of a Gaf moderator that demanded all members refer to MGS Peace Walker on PSP as Metal Gear Solid 5 (before MGSV was revealed)

This too will be terrible, and I can't wait to see how much worse than the last one it will be.
James Cameron helped write the script and scenario for this movie, as it is a direct sequel to the original 2 films and ignores all other movies which are now retconned to another continuity.

Originally Cameron was on board to direct himself but as he was busy with his Avatar sequels, the directing role was given to Tim Miller (Deadpool). But this is very much Cameron's project, it continues his story, and he is the producer of the film. This is the first Terminator film that Cameron was involved with since Judgment Day.

It's also rated R and was envisioned as rated R from the start.

Since Rise of the Machines was titled Terminator 3, this one won't have that number, but it is the real Terminator 3 in everything but name. It's still funny seeing the OP append a 3 to it's title though, that's like Thor 2: The Dark World tbh

Last edited:
This reminds me of a Gaf moderator that demanded all members refer to MGS Peace Walker on PSP as Metal Gear Solid 5 (before MGSV was revealed)
A moderator on a forum saying some nonsense like that and the actual creator of the franchise saying it are something else entirely.

The rev 9 terminator can split into 2 separate terminators which means you don't have to watch as much walking and they have shown more action in the trailers than any of the death stranding playthroughs So I predict terminator will suck less

Stuchinoko

Terminator: Dark Fate through all its pre-release media has made the enemy Terminator look like a joke. Scene after scene (probably every fight of the movie) he's getting beaten to a pulp. What good is an action movie when the main antagonist is perceived as a useless pile of scrap? Remember how in T2 the T-800 could barely keep up with the T-1000? Like you knew he'd win because he's the hero, but the perception was there that he was outclassed and barely holding on?

4615.jpg

TUROK

Wut. Salvation was a sequel to part 3.

Terminator: Dark Fate through all its pre-release media has made the enemy Terminator look like a joke. Scene after scene (probably every fight of the movie) he's getting beaten to a pulp. What good is an action movie when the main antagonist is perceived as a useless pile of scrap? Remember how in T2 the T-800 could barely keep up with the T-1000? Like you knew he'd win because he's the hero, but the perception was there that he was outclassed and barely holding on?

Seems like he's putting up a good fight here.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Terminator looks like shit. Generic CG dude fights, and quite honestly it looks so far removed narrative-wise from the original Cameron directed movies I'm really not sure why they are bringing back Linda and Arnold.

I mean honestly, I have no fucking clue how this thing connects to previous franchise entries, and the trailers sure as shit aren't going out the way to explain themselves. Back when Terminator was a new thing, it kinda stood out because the sort of inhuman strength and invulnerability displayed by the androids was impressive and novel. In these days when half the characters onscreen in mainstream movies have superpowers, who gives a fuck anymore?

Clearly not the writers of this shit-show because their answer is to simply add more superpowered characters to the mix and got the Deadpool guy to direct it....

Shifty

I just want Death Standing to come out already, for better or worse, so we can dispense with the low-tier speculative bait threads.

lol iz a moovie wow dab on bruh i wish i'd thought of such an original burn to base a thread around

Last edited:

GymWolf

After the last film who the fuck has any hope for terminator saga?

At least mgs5 was a masterpiece of stealth gameplay...

Moses85

Have seen Dark Fate yesterday (I am from Germany) very good Action movie, best Terminator after T2 (I am a huge Fan)
Definitely better as expected.

K1Expwy

lol, really?
At one point Kojima referred to PW as "an MGS5-class game," and promo material at E3 did include the "5," but of course didn't appear in the final game. One of the mods mandated that the PW official thread be called "Metal Gear Solid 5: Peace Walker," iirc attempting to argue about it cost you your account.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
At one point Kojima referred to PW as "an MGS5-class game," but he shyed away from that statement ahead of its debut. Some mod mandated that the PW official thread be called "Metal Gear Solid 5: Peace Walker," iirc attempting to argue about it cost you your account.
wow, I like PW a lot, but demanding that people call something a specific name seems too much

Airbus Jr

Banned
The new Terminator look terible and Death Stranding is GOTY contender so im not sure where are you getting by making such weird comparison

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
I just want Death Standing to come out already, for better or worse, so we can dispense with the low-tier speculative bait threads.

lol iz a moovie wow dab on bruh i wish i'd thought of such an original burn to base a thread around

Allegedly, DS has 20 hours of cutscenes.

So, it's more like an entire season of Lost.

Barnabot

I guess people here are more delusional about Death Stranding than The Terminator movie so probably Death Stranding won't be living up to hype and will become a bigger disappointment than Dark Fate.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Don't know, tDF is giving me the same vibes as terminator genisis and t3.
I think DF will have better story then genisis, just how good I don't know, I really enjoyed T3, so if its as good as that I will be pleased.

I think DS will get 80-90 on metacritic. I thinks it's story will save it

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
People will give Dark Fate too much praise for being "the BEST terminator movie since TWO!" while forgetting that everything after two was dogshit. It's gonna be inoffensive and fine. DS is gonna be marmite. It's hard to compare the two.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Terminator probably gonna have a social justice angle. maybe? will they pull "Oh you didn't like this movie, you sexist?" since Sarah is front and center? i dunno.

feels like Death Stranding will be more of a mind blow. Terminator has already run through so many timelines at this point, it's going to be hard to show us something new. DS on the other hand is like a brand new, fresh sci fi series.

Mobilemofo

Both look shit to me but imma have to award death stranding the 'turd' award. I went from Interested to 'fuck that' quite quickly.

Dada55000

None of those movies had any relation to Cameron, this is his franchise, he created it. Dark Fate is the third entry into the franchise by Cameron, he's a writer and a producer on it.

Those other movies were leased out uses of the property, this movie is the official continuation of the story from #1 & #2 which makes this #3.
Oh, please Cameron was barely on set, despite being called a 'producer'. So he worked a week consulting. Big whoop. The main guy behind this new movie is literally the same as Genisys. David Ellison. He wanted to make a trilogy with that POS, and he now wants to make a trilogy with this. Evidently he hasn't learned a thing, Wanna guess how good the movie will be?

James Cameron helped write the script and scenario for this movie, as it is a direct sequel to the original 2 films and ignores all other movies which are now retconned to another continuity.

Originally Cameron was on board to direct himself but as he was busy with his Avatar sequels, the directing role was given to Tim Miller (Deadpool). But this is very much Cameron's project, it continues his story, and he is the producer of the film. This is the first Terminator film that Cameron was involved with since Judgment Day.

It's also rated R and was envisioned as rated R from the start.

Since Rise of the Machines was titled Terminator 3, this one won't have that number, but it is the real Terminator 3 in everything but name. It's still funny seeing the OP append a 3 to it's title though, that's like Thor 2: The Dark World tbh
See above. The whole "the return of CAMERON" is marketing bullshit that maybe reflects 5% of reality. Lest you forget they wheeled the fucker out for advertising for Genisys too. In his eternal words "[with Genisys] the franchise has been reinvigorated." Oops. David Ellison is the main producer, same as Genisys, Cameron had little to no involvement once shooting started.

Wut. Salvation was a sequel to part 3.
Didn't Salvation do the "3 might not be exactly how things happened" thing? For some reason I seemed to remember it throwing shade at 3. Haven't seen the movie in forever so, maybe I dreamt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom