• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death to 2020 on Netflix is pretty funny so far

Kev Kev

I’m only 15 minutes in and it’s pretty fucking great! Doesn’t take itself seriously but still has some good commentary, and riffs on both the right and left (still early but it seems pretty unbiased). Hilarious so far honestly.

I think comedy is a great way to help put things into perspective. We all get so mad each other, a little levity and self deprecation can be therapeutic and healthy. It’s a great way to sum up this coo coo bananas year. Check it out and post your thoughts.

EDIT: lol never mind it’s definitely biased, but it’s still funny 🤷‍♂️ They definitely make fun of Dems and Biden, but not nearly as much as Trump and Reps. Only bout halfway through now...

EDIT 2: Just finished and that was really funny. Only an hour long and I definitely have to recommend it. They rail and Trump and Reps pretty hard, but Biden and the snowflakes took a few jokes on the chin (some really fucking funny ones too 😂).

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
It looks like "Death to 2020" was created by Charlie Brooker. He's best known for creating/writing "Dark Mirror", but he started out as a comedy writer and satirist. I know him from "Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe" which contained sketches by Philomena Cunk. I see she's also featured in "Death to 2020".

Devonshire

Banned
They definitely make fun of Dems and Biden, but not nearly as much as Trump and Reps.

That’s probably because Trump and his ilk are like a car full of clowns. Everything they do and say is laughable.

They’re a comedy goldmine.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

That’s probably because Trump and his ilk are like a car full of clowns. Everything they do and say is laughable.

They’re a comedy goldmine.

the same can be said about Biden and his democratic cronies. Look, both sides suck, and this doc examines that and pokes fun at it. It’s just supposed to be for fun, to help alleviate the worry this year has caused a lot of us.

Trump and Reps may be an easier target atm bc they are in the WH, but Biden and his “ilk” will be taking their licks from the comedy world just as much over the next 4 years (and they already do depending at who you’re listening to)

What will comedians do once Trump is gone?

Stick their head in the sand for 4 years, or kiss Biden's ass like they did Obama's

I don’t know what kind of up comics you are watching, but the stand up comedy world slays the Democrats, libtards and snowflakes pretty mercilessly. They have plenty to say about Trump as well, but comics like tom segura and Bill burr are at the top of their game right now, and the woke warriors are just giving them ammo on the daily. It’s a great time for comedy right now, and this “documentary” is just supposed to be fun. Netflix leans left, but they certainly are not the gold standard of the comedy scene rn, and never will be. The doc does take some shots at Biden and Dems as well so...

You should check it out man, and come back and post what you think about it.

Last edited:

Devonshire

Banned
the same can be said about Biden and his democratic cronies. Look, both sides suck, and this doc examines that and pokes fun at it. It’s just supposed to be for fun, to help alleviate the worry this year has caused a lot of us.

Trump and Reps may be an easier target atm bc they are in the WH, but Biden and his “ilk” will be taking their licks from the comedy world just as much over the next 4 years (and they already do depending at who you’re listening to)
Sure, but c’mon… until Trump I don’t think I’ve ever seen a US president board Airforce One with toilet paper stuck to the bottom of his shoe. Or the coronavirus briefing where he posited drinking/injecting disinfectants to protect ourselves... or
Rudy Giuliani, or <snicker> Sidney Powell. Or the late night tweets…. Hell, when even Fox News doesn’t even bother to finish broadcasting the president’s speeches, do you really think “hey, we’ve got really competent people running the country?”

I mean, these people are idiots and running your government. Is it any wonder why the rest of the world is kinda snickering at America right now?

YCoCg

That was great, took digs at everyone, best line had to be from Samuel L Jackson describing the election as "being stuck on the character select screen of geriatric Tekken". 😂

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
That was great, took digs at everyone, best line had to be from Samuel L Jackson describing the election as "being stuck on the character select screen of geriatric Tekken". 😂
Oh wow they know about games they are totally me!

YCoCg

What will comedians do once Trump is gone?

Stick their head in the sand for 4 years, or kiss Biden's ass like they did Obama's
Going by what they do in this special, ...also insult Biden and joke about the democrats. Hell there's even a punchline about how the influencer generation thinking "Oh once Biden takes over, Racism is over!". :nougat_rofl:

Kev Kev

At one point the narrator straight up says “after Biden won the snowflakes and libtards took to the streets” 😂 I was laughing so hard I had to pause and rewind that one. Hilarious that they pulled the trigger on straight up calling them libtards

I’m for sure gonna watch this one again. The one liners and pinch lines were surprisingly on point. I wonder who the writers were because they sound like they have some chops.

Last edited:
Top Bottom