• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathloop blocks the PS5 DualSense controller triggers when your weapon jams (Innovative feature of the PS5 DualSense)

Interesting, but I doubt it will be used frequently, just like the motion control/touchpad in DS4.

Devs will use it a little during the first year of the gen, and then will drop it.

I wouldn't count on it. Using feedback features tends to take a lot less effort to implement than developing around alternative input methods.

TheGrat1

Hmm developers could most likely program the controllers to use slight trigger pulls to engage/rack individual bullets.

For example: Shotgun reloads. Slight button presses on the LT trigger would rack one bullet at a time and you can feel the bullet
going into the controller. Pulling the trigger quicker would obviously speed up the reloading. Sounds cool, right?

What say you NeoGAF?
*snip*
Sounds great but i am sure some boomers here would complain just like they are complaining about this.

I myself had a idea for driving games (or even just games with cars) where the left trigger would be used for clutch control. These adaptive triggers would be able to simulate the sensation of the biting point on an actual clutch. The car would stall too if you messed it up.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Just like the touch pad on ds4 and the built in speaker on ds 4. After the first few months the new dualsense stuff will be forgotten about and few developers with utilize it.

Tarkus98

Seems a lot of people are assuming Sony implemented these features without taking the time to test their limitations, endurance and durability-really?
I haven’t tried one of these controllers yet (and doubt that many have), but I am looking forward to some developers going all out to implement the new features of these controllers in creative and exciting ways to add a layer and of immersion to their games that I haven’t experienced before.
Also since these jams are haptic the feeling may be more of an illusion as opposed to triggers stopping mid press. It’s possible trigger could be fully depressed before the adaptive force kicks in with the haptics giving the illusion of a jam.
Anyway we will know soon enough. If this results in broken controllers everywhere Sony will have a real nightmare on their hands lol.

Do you actually have an opinion yourself on the subject?
I think it's freaking awesome and a level of immersion we've not yet really had in gaming. This, the way Miles Morales will use the controller to simulate Spider-Sense, the way Gran Turismo is using it to accurately simulate terrain, the way you'll be able to tell the type of surface you walk on in Astro's Playground... it's just plain awesome.

I can't wait to get my hands on the thing.

TheAssist

I got a new phone yesterday and in the menus it had this haptic feedback stenghts slider. I never in my life slided a slider like that xD. No really, it was really cool. The sound the phone makes together with the hapctic feedback is really cool. Actually made me excited for the controllers.

pullcounter

off topic, man those dreamcast triggers were total ass. who had theirs break on multiple controllers? and they like start crunching when you press them, mf..

GymWolf

Vibration (PS1)
Pressure Sensitive Buttons (PS2)
Motion Control (PS3)
Light Bar (PS4)
Speakers (PS4)
Touchpad (PS4)
Adaptive Triggers (PS5)

Now we have all 7 features in one controller. I think thats neat.
It only lack the only one who is actually useful for gameplay, the backtriggers:ROFLMAO:

Well at least sony fans can't talk shit anymore about nintendo using gimmicks for childs in their consolles 🕺

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
It sounds awful. There are legit uses for these triggers like this

Weapon jamming is shit and jamming my button is equally as shit. But I'm not interested in this game anyway so have at thee.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I wonder if Sony's customer service is already training how to react to people complaining about their controller not working properly. For some players a big message about the game blocking controller keys for better immersion wouldn't be enough of a warning.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Is it really powerful enough to actually block you from pressing the triggers? I wonder how that works. I thought it was just like a small change in tension. I also wonder how this will affect battery life.

Ar¢tos

Dev: as a curiosity, your gun can jam and the trigger will lock when this happens

Gamers: the gun will lock after each bullet! The battery will last only 3h because of this! People will hurt their fingers! People will get mad and break controllers!
Sony will have to deal with raged people!
I didn't ask for this, and even if there is an option to disable it, it doesn't matter because I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS!

Gamers, constantly proving that they are the biggest drama queens in the world.

Last edited:

Dodkrake

Banned
Yeah not buying that it's cheaper stuff. I returned 3 DOA xbox elite pro v2 controllers.
that's a 180 euro controller. QC means nothing these days.

Oh do fuck off. Non of my older console's gamepads are broken. Just do a quick google on malfunctioning charging ports or sheit battery life on ds4's. Both my day 1 dualshock 4's had peeling rubber sticks. This was a known issue. Keep that fancrap to yourself.

My 2 controllers in perfect working condition after thousands of hours say otherwise.

See how adhoc statements are not fun?

Top Bottom