• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathloop is currently $39.59 in the PSN store

gjUiftT.gif

Still not interested.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Absolutely they lied. It has nothing to do with sales slowing down after a month or two. A truly good game never goes on sale.

Absolutely they lied. It has nothing to do with sales slowing down after a month or two. A truly good game never goes on sale.
Yep truly good games never go on sale. God of war $20 6 months after launch, spiderman $35 6 weeks after. Trash games.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
People calling this a roguelike haven't played the game. It has "roguelike" tendencies in the progression system, but that is where the comparison ends. The game has more in common with HITMAN than it does HADES.

It's also a pretty one and done kind of game unless you are chasing cheevos or trying to do a speedrun, so it isn't surprising that it gets a price drop close to holiday shopping.

If new ps5 games are supposed to be 70$ and this one got 10/10 from most reviewers but is already 40$ a month after the release... did reviewers lie?

. . .oh brother.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Do you have an aversion to good games, or just don't like the Arkane formula?

I'm not into roguelike, or say hate them. I liked Returnal due to its sci-fi, and overall vibe. If I didn't beat it within the first 11-12 hours of launch I would've dropped it quickly. This game's gunplay looks fun, but feels pretty short with nothing intriguing in terms of story. Would rather wait for it to come to PS+.

Salz01

The game is a let down. Bought it full price and it’s hard for me to go back and finish it. It would have been better if they went the traditional Dishonored route, then this rogue lite or whatever it’s called. MP, if you can call it that, is a joke. If you don’t find Cole right because they are stealth it just drags. Would have been happier to pay 40 instead of 60. Only got it because there is no other real PS5 exclusive to play the second half of the year. I’m just passed the price dropped so fast. This is total Gamepass wear sold on the PSN store.

For 40 buck you'll be better of buying this. Same studio (Arkane).

Not only that you're getting one of the best experiences of the past generation in the base game, you can also get your roguelike fix with Mooncrash DLC.

Note: I have no idea how this plays on PlayStation.
Prey plays kind of poorly on PS. It feels much tighter on Xbox. On PS, it feels like it's designed for mouse & keyboard

Top Bottom