• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Debra Messing says she hopes Trump is the most popular boyfriend in prison, ends up getting attacked by her own instead for "homophobic" tweet

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013

Debra Messing strongly suggested on Monday that she hopes President Trump is sexually assaulted in prison after he leaves office.

Last week, the "Will & Grace" star raised eyebrows with a tweet attacking Trump while praising the leadership of German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

"@realDonaldTrump you are a weak, scared, stupid, inept, negligent, vindictive, narcissistic, criminal," Messing wrote. "I hope you live a long life in prison where you become the most popular boyfriend to ... all inmates."

Messing's tweet led to accusations of homophobia from other Twitter users. The Daily Wire even headlined their story: "Debra Messing Issues Homophobic Insult To Trump: ‘I Hope’ You Become ‘Most Popular Boyfriend’ In Prison."

That sparked a fierce reaction Monday from the actress, who insisted she was an ally of the LGBTQ community.

This will never not be funny. Crazed leftist thinks they're fighting the good fight, only for it to be seen way more offensive to their (always offended) side instead which then ends up with them devouring each other.

Digital Gex

Banned
Feb 20, 2019
This is interesting since a common defended for prison se is that it's not "gay" and it's more of a "power" move, which this situation just completely obliterates into dust.

• LOL
Reactions: Tesseract

Arkam

Jan 21, 2012
Here, Now and maybe later
Every thing they cry wolf over (Sexism, Racism, body shaming, etc) are things they do daily. They think that if a person/place/thing is designated "bad" (by whoever these nuts follow) then all of the forbidden actions are justified. Makes me laugh when they turn on their own. Though I would prefer a little critical thinking, but hey, I am a realist.

Taxexemption

Oct 11, 2011
Imagine choosing to fuck a male convict instead of just beating off

Or maybe incidence of rape are greatly exaggerated because if prison was thought to be not that bad it would be overrun with people who decided to risk it. Maybe it's kind of like how parents scare their kids with fear of hell.

Think about it, if an ideological group moved to an area and decided "The following law is stupid, lets get 10k people to commit this crime every day, they can't put all of us in prison and those that stay out will support those who go in."

Granted there are varying types of prisons and different stuff goes on in them, but I've listened to a lot of podcasts by people who got out of prison and they all said they were never raped, and never saw stuff like that happening.

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
Meh whatever. Prison rape jokes are ok. We did em with Juicy Fruit.

Only issue would be hypocrisy. So if you are a leftist who rags on about LTBQXYZLMNOP and then start dropping gay rape jokes then you deserved to be mocked.

Reactions: Shaqazooloo

Horns

I drop hot takes hoping you'll argue with me. Just ignore me.
Jun 23, 2010
No different then telling a crowd that the second amendment people can deal with Clinton.

Reactions: ArtemisClydeFrog

Nymphae

Banned
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
Granted there are varying types of prisons and different stuff goes on in them, but I've listened to a lot of podcasts by people who got out of prison and they all said they were never raped, and never saw stuff like that happening.

I don't believe it's just a myth, but thankfully I have no personal experience

• Love
Reactions: hunchback

Taxexemption

Oct 11, 2011
I don't believe it's just a myth, but thankfully I have no personal experience

I'm not saying it never happens, but I think it's greatly exaggerated. They said that most sex in prison is consensual, and that there are many male prostitutes in most prisons who will give it up for cigarettes. Also gangs in serious prisons breakdown on ethnic lines. There are gangs, do you think their attitude is like "Yeah, rape is totes cool,"?

I've also read several books by people who went to prison, including a guy that went to prison for murder. They all said that rape was rare compared to how it was portrayed in media, and that makes sense to me. If I'm part of some white prison gang, I'm not going to trust or want people in my group that would rape a dude. Also it's pretty dumb. These are dudes, if you raped anyone that was at all dangerous they might find an opportunity to kill you. You can't be looking over your back 24/7. Also how many dudes do you rape before they band together and kill you in your sleep, or one of them makes a shive and two of them grab you while the other stabs you in the dick? I 100% guarantee you that if prison rape was common so would prison castration. I'm fairly convinced that prison rape is blown out of proportion and mischaracterized to keep you a scared law abiding citizen.

Last edited:

Taxexemption

Oct 11, 2011
No, I don't believe I said much more than I find it surprising any number of straight men would turn to gay sex while in the joint to get a nut off.

To any belief there are premises and implications. If you think prison rape is common, what else must be true? We know there are prison gangs, what attitude would they need to have for this to be common behavior?

I think the belief that prison rape is common is akin to believing in a secular version of hell. If you think about it there are a bunch of logical problems that need to be addressed for hell to exist, for prison rape to be common the same is true. The idea in both cases is scary enough for most people that they immediately disregard logic and stop thinking about if it makes sense logically.

• Thoughtful

Nymphae

Banned
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
To any belief there are premises and implications. If you think prison rape is common, what else must be true? We know there are prison gangs, what attitude would they need to have for this to be common behavior?

I think the belief that prison rape is common is akin to believing in a secular version of hell. If you think about it there are a bunch of logical problems that need to be addressed for hell to exist, for prison rape to be common the same is true. The idea in both cases is scary enough for most people that they immediately disregard logic and stop thinking about if it makes sense logically.

Holy shit dude it was a joke move on

• Empathy

Slings and Arrows

and Ceramide R
Apr 19, 2019
Away with the fairies
Ho lee fuk, i just read her follow up tweet:

no no, don't hate me lgbtq peoples, i'm an ally remember! I was on that show with those gays in the 90's, remember! All i mean was "Trump has brought violence to hundreds of millions of people" so he should be raped, rape is violent.

She's fucking nuts and should be banned from the redhead thread :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ornlu

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Ho lee fuk, i just read her follow up tweet:

no no, don't hate me lgbtq peoples, i'm an ally remember! I was on that show with those gays in the 90's, remember! All i mean was "Trump has brought violence to hundreds of millions of people" so he should be raped, rape is violent.

She's fucking nuts and should be banned from the redhead thread :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Poor gal is probably just flailing about online to try and cling to relevancy. She can't just skate by on being cast for her looks anymore.

Fox Mulder

Jul 1, 2009
Greensboro, NC
These people are so hateful and insane. They always want death, ruin, and violence on people they don’t like.

Like they’re all about feminism and racial justice, but throw sexist remarks about republican women or call minorities racist names if they leave the democrat plantation.

trikster40

Dec 12, 2008
This is the inherent problem with “wholeness.” Most people don’t believe the things they fight for, and their true selves always come out.